• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Good luck, uA!! Don't sweat it, you're a great writer.

Anyways, what do you all think the best fic ever posted in the WW is? I personally think Pocket Monsters (The Battle Quest) is. It's so fucking epic. I finished reading it last night. I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy. It's also my all-time favorite.

mine are of course the best.

eh, i really don't know. all of them are very good, i usually don't like picking favorites so xD.

I can't say. I haven't read many here yet. Though that's really because I'm not too interested in Pokemon fanfiction. xP

Plus, I'm not much of a reader. I've always preferred writing over reading.

Good luck, uA!! Don't sweat it, you're a great writer.

Anyways, what do you all think the best fic ever posted in the WW is? I personally think Pocket Monsters (The Battle Quest) is. It's so fucking epic. I finished reading it last night. I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy. It's also my all-time favorite.

Thanks! I appreciate the sentiment of support~

I have no idea what the best fic here is. ^^; I've yet to read many, though I'm sure I will in time.

I can't say. I haven't read many here yet. Though that's really because I'm not too interested in Pokemon fanfiction. xP

Plus, I'm not much of a reader. I've always preferred writing over reading.

You're not interested in pokéfic, but you hang around here? Make sense! ;P

I have always held that to be as good a writer as one can be, one should read voraciously~

Anyhow, correspondence aside, I'm soon to go to Portugal. This is a good thing. It'll get me away from distracting video games and social drama, and give me a relaxing environ in which to read and write~ I may still pop up here if it turns out I can get ahold of wifi. Don't miss me too much. :D

EDIT: Portugal trip is from July 19 - July 26, iirc.

I think he was referring to the oddness you hanging around the fanfic section of a Pokémon forum if you don't like Pokémon fanfics, not of your liking to write fanfics in general :p

Oooh, Portugal sounds really nice :3 I know it's early, but have a fun trip!

@Caitlin; Haven't checked that out. But PM is one of my favorite fics of all time. Hope Legacy gets the rest of the trilogy out soon.

Have fun, uA! Portugal does sound pretty nice. If you get a chance to meet Ronaldo, tell him I said hi. I'm a huge soccer fan.

Portugal placed fourth in the Euro Cup though >:D

I think he was referring to the oddness you hanging around the fanfic section of a Pokémon forum if you don't like Pokémon fanfics, not of your liking to write fanfics in general :p

I say again, I'm here because I like to write fiction. I still don't see why anyone has a problem with that. Are you people trying to make me leave? Because if so, that hurts me deeply.

I'm also at this forum because I'm a Pokemon fan. It may not be my favorite game series, but I liked it enough to join this forum, and I DID actually write a Pokemon story, remember? My Conquest? Cilan one-shot? Not to mention I plan to write a My Little Pony/Pokemon crossover too.

So stop trying to make me feel like I don't belong, because truth be told, I feel more at home here than I ever did in the writing section of the Zelda forum I was once part of, and I prefer Zelda to Pokemon by a long shot.

I say again, I'm here because I like to write fiction. I still don't see why anyone has a problem with that. Are you people trying to make me leave? Because if so, that hurts me deeply.

I'm also at this forum because I'm a Pokemon fan. It may not be my favorite game series, but I liked it enough to join this forum, and I DID actually write a Pokemon story, remember? My Conquest? Cilan one-shot? Not to mention I plan to write a My Little Pony/Pokemon crossover too.

So stop trying to make me feel like I don't belong, because truth be told, I feel more at home here than I ever did in the writing section of the Zelda forum I was once part of, and I prefer Zelda to Pokemon by a long shot.

Come on, Kelleo, nobody's trying to make you feel like you're not welcome. uA and Feliciano were simply pointing out the irony of your hanging around here when you don't like to read Pokemon fanfiction, and that's it. We value all of our members, whether they prefer to write/read Pokemon or an alternate fandom, and nobody here is saying otherwise.

Come on, Kelleo, nobody's trying to make you feel like you're not welcome. uA and Feliciano were simply pointing out the irony of your hanging around here when you don't like to read Pokemon fanfiction, and that's it. We value all of our members, whether they prefer to write/read Pokemon or an alternate fandom, and nobody here is saying otherwise.

I should hope so. I apologize for the misunderstanding then. xP

tumblr_m7a8dle4Cl1rttqkm.jpg

I didn't mean to come off as saying I wanted you to leave, or trying to hurt you, and I'm sorry you felt that way.

I didn't mean to come off as saying I wanted you to leave, or trying to hurt you, and I'm sorry you felt that way.

Eh, it's okay. It was just a misunderstanding. And I apologize for getting worked up. xP

On another note, though, I've finally come up with the plot for my My Little Pony/Pokemon crossover! I'm calling it Pokemon and My Little Pony: Keldeo's Equestrian Quest. Here's the synopsis for the plot:

In Equestria, the land of the ponies, Queen Chrysalis of the changling ponies frees the twisted antagonist Discord from his statue prison in hopes that they could work together to take over Equestria. Discord agrees after being set free, and they begin working on a plot.

Meanwhile, in the Unova region in the Pokemon world, Keldeo is having practice battles with Cobalion, Terrakion, and Verizion in the Moore of Icirrus. Suddenly, Meloetta appears before them with a desperate plea for help. She reports that a thief raided the Nacrene Museum and made off with a Griseous Orb that a trainer had donated. She explains that if the orb has the power to summon a terrible legendary Pokemon of the Sinnoh region called Giratina and that if it appeared, the results could be devastating. Upon hearing this dire tale, the Musketeer quartet agrees to go after the thief and find him heading for a hidden lab near the moore. Meloetta goes with them in case she is able to help.

At the lab, a scientist that was once a member of Team Plasma explains to the Pokemon that using the Griseous Orb, they will summon Giratina, capture it in a special capsule, and use its power to fuel a machine that's supposed to be able to let them travel to different dimensions and explore them. This way, they'll find dimensions in which they could discover new Pokemon, as well as create dimensions that could make already known Pokemon even more powerful than before, like the Distortion World already makes Giratina stronger.

The Musketeer quartet and Meloetta fight back, but the scientist and thief both send out powerful Pokemon, and in the midst of the battle, the Griseous Orb accidentally falls into the machine, and its power activates it. The Pokemon, scientist, and thief all approach it, but the machine begins emitting electric sparks and overloading. On the control panel, where a code for a specific dimension is to be entered, strange digits had previously been punched in, and the Griseous Orb vanishes. Its power then causes the machine to explode and burst into pieces.

The Griseous Orb ends up landing in Equestria, and it isn't long before Discord and Chrysalis discover it. Thankfully, it takes awhile for them to figure out what it is, let alone how to use it.

Back in Unova, the explosion seriously injures and knocks the scientist and thief out cold. The Pokemon manage to only take minimal damage due to their strength. Meloetta then warns the other Pokemon that since the orb is gone, it won't be long before Giratina finds out and is angered. The Pokemon that belonged to the scientist and thief agree and apologize for the fight. They hadn't known what they were doing and would like to help. Terrakion then finds a piece of paper on the floor near the scientist with the same digits that had been punched into the machine. Below it was the word "Equestria." Somehow, the scientist had already found a dimension to explore as well as the name of it. With the dimension travel machine destroyed, however, the Pokemon have no way to get to Equestria.

Meloetta then tells the Pokemon of another legendary Pokemon called Palkia, whom has the ability to warp space. She says that maybe, just maybe, he can create a portal to Equestria for the Pokemon to go to. However, Palkia, like Giratina, is a Pokemon of Sinnoh and that region is very far away from Unova. Thankfully, the same trainer that had donated the Griseous Orb to the Nacrene Museum also donated a Lustrous Orb, which was capable of summoning Palkia. Using it, they could call upon him for his help.

They decide to sneak into the museum at night and upon doing so, they approach the Lustrous Orb and beg Palkia to aid them. Palkia soon appears, and explains that he was expecting them due to his superior, Arceus, the creator of the Pokemon world. Palkia tells the Pokemon that through Arceus's power, he, Arceus himself, and Dialga, the legendary Pokemon of Sinnoh that could control time, saw what had happened. Arceus then told Palkia that he knew where the Griseous Orb was sent and to expect the Musketeer quartet, Meloetta, and the others to pay him a visit. Palkia goes on to explain that Equestria is home to a race of horse-like creatures known as ponies. Unfortunately, he also says that the entire group going would not be wise, as they are unfamiliar to these creatures. However, Palkia then says that Keldeo bears some resemblance to the ponies and that because of this, it would be best if he went to Equestria to seek their aid.

Keldeo agrees, and Palkia sends him off. Thus begins Keldeo's quest to save both worlds.

And there you have it. :)

*blinks slowly* That was not a reaction I could possibly have foreseen.
Perfect .jpg, Feli...

Wait, is that top line directed at me or Feliciano? :/

My initial sentence was directed at you. I have no idea how you got "I'm trying to make you leave" from "It doesn't seem to make sense that you don't read pokéfic but you post in a pokéfic forum." I even added a freaking ";P" winking emoticon thingy to communicate the jocular nature of the post. I thought I'd seen paranoia and overreaction, but you eclipse that. o_O;;

Kelleo, you're accepted by everyone here, no one told you to leave. But you outright overreacted to something so...minimal.

Kelleo, you're accepted by everyone here, no one told you to leave. But you outright overreacted to something so...minimal.

He said it was awkward that I'm here because I don't read Pokemon fiction. Meaning, I should probably be somewhere else. That's how I took it. It was an easy mistake to make, actually.

And their smileys only made it worse by making me think they were just using them to make fun of me. Another easy mistake to make. Also, I tend to misinterpret things, okay? It's a weakness of mine.

Now let's go to a different topic. I posted a possible plot for an MLP/Pokemon fic, and I'd be disappointed if no one was interested in reading it.

Well, when I read both, I, probably along with several others, could tell their were joking. Both meant they thought it was ironic that you hung around the Pokémon fanfiction part of a Pokémon forum and disliked Pokémon fanfiction. And the smileys were they're way of showing it was a joke. Idk how you could possibly misinterpret it into such a big thing :O

Back
Top Bottom