• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I don't think so. If it helps at all, the instruction booklet says "Mid- android" on the first page. That might be it.

First post of the new year! :D

Just wanted to drop by to ask if people had seen this: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/winter-awards-2013-a-144315/

I don't know about you, but I'm excited. Sadly I don't think I'm really in the running to get anything since I haven't updated Brotherhood in so long (still technically eligible I think but barely)...

Is anyone else looking forward to the Awards? Got any personal hopes or thoughts about who to nominate?

Ooh, I'm excited. :D This is going to be the first one I'm eligible for. I don't expect to be nominated for anything, but I'll see what happens. Of course I won't be able to nominate anyone myself, since, as I've said many times before, I just don't read fanfiction. Heck, I can't get myself to read much of anything... I'm having some problems in English class because of that, but I digress.

Oh hey, motivation for me to actually power through the latest chapter of Heart of Crystal and get it up :p

Good luck to everyone!

A few small announcements from me!

Firstly, it is time for the 2013 Staff Drive, and the Writer's Workshop is looking for some new moderators! If you are interested in this prestigious role, than follow this link, find the form, fill it in and your on your way! :)

Secondly, one reason why we are looking for new moderators is that we have recently lost two of our own. Drakon has left the role due to a variety of reasons stretching across the year, while Misheard Whisper stood down from his duties yesterday as he felt as though he was unable to continue in the role due to his life outside of the forum. I am sure both of them will be missed.

Thirdly, the Writer's Academy will be on a break this month due to the Winter Awards, which, remember, begins tomorrow! So hopefully you all have your stories posted and your nominations ready to go!

Any of you guys out there with established stories plan on implementing some of the new Gen 6 stuff when more is revealed? When I originally started writing my own story, I was intent on keeping it "pure" to everything that had been established Gen 4, but eventually I had a few characters who were from Unova as well as one of the gym leaders having a Pokemon from Unova (the flying type having a Braviary).

I don't see myself getting back to that story anytime soon, so I doubt I'll be working Gen 6 stuff in, but I'm sure you guys all have big plans.

I consider everything canon to my stories, so yes, though I do try and keep Pokémon by "countries" so they won't really be making an appearance. The CJI* Pokémon will remain on that landmass, with the Unova and Orre Pokémon simply Pokémon that got out into the wild or simply a case of the Orre importing them for reasons relegated in the back story. Let's just say war occurred, an asteroid was involved and the general Southwest of that continent is mostly devoid of life. :L

EDIT: Hmm, now that I think about it, should I make a Travelsverse: Sinumonas Information Network Database? What do you lot whom know of the Travelsverse think? It'll focus more on the Pokémon World then anything.

Last edited:
Haha, that was something I was worried about... in my fic, there's supposed to be a hybrid of each Legendary Pokémon. I stated there were around fifty of them, but if you count the legends from generations yet to come...! I knew I should've stuck to using only Gen V legends; there was really no reason for me to use ones from other generations. xC

I spent a while last year trying to work BW2 into the GalacticVerse, which involved some future plot changes and a rearrangement of everything. I am not sure yet if I will include the sixth generation, as I will wait to see what exactly they come up with this time. It looks intriguing at the moment, but that could change depending on what Pokemon do turn up. I read an allegedly reliable rumour a few weeks ago stating Gen VI was going to include less original Pokemon and instead have more evolutions for existing Pokemon, so that could always help.

I read an allegedly reliable rumour a few weeks ago stating Gen VI was going to include less original Pokemon and instead have more evolutions for existing Pokemon, so that could always help.
generationv.jpg
Come ooooooooooon, there's still a chance for these bad boys then!

I read an allegedly reliable rumour a few weeks ago stating Gen VI was going to include less original Pokemon and instead have more evolutions for existing Pokemon, so that could always help.
generationv.jpg
Come ooooooooooon, there's still a chance for these bad boys then!
Those are horrible and you should feel horrible.

83557.png
83556.png
These, on the other hand, are brilliance in the purest form. :D

On the relevant notes. The worldcrafting of my fic is so unique/bizarre that I pretty much can't include these new Pokes at present, even though I really want to because Froakie is just wicked.

I would love it if some of those sorts of Pokemon actually got evolutions. I would make them far more desirable to collect/write about.

Evolutions would indeed make some Pokemon more interesting to use. However, when it comes to writing about them, I personally don't care. I can (and already have) written some things as unexpected badasses.

I mean, just look at Farfetch'd. The thing pretty much writes itself as quick, vicious, and being able to pull some serious horseshit with that leek it has. We don't necessarily need Absur'd to exist to make it awesome!

Back
Top Bottom