• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

To be completely honest, the only TV show I watch is Arrow because superheroes. Mediocre to pretty good acting and poor directing, but absolutely fantastic writing. Not to mention the subtle DC-verse references that are embedded here and there.

Sounds like I'm missing a lot, though.

Right now I am watching Grimm, Defiance...and actually that's it, since a lot of the other shows I watch aren't on right now, like Suits, Common Law and Ripper Street. Oh, and I watch My Little Pony, Adventure Time and The Regular Show, cuz I'm cool like that.

I am a big TV person :p I am currently watching Game of Thrones, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Doctor Who, Glee, Once Upon A Time, American Dad, Veep, Revenge and I think that may be it... That may sound like a lot but HIMYM and Glee finish within about two weeks and GOT, Veep and Doctor Who all finish within at least a month (I live in New Zealand so the rest of the shows didn't start until February)

Anyone got any music they listen to to sort out writer's block? I've been staring at a blank document for the past 2 days trying to write Impact...

You have any idea how many worlds I've got to keep track of? Let's just say alot and leave me be as I try and make sense of some of them :L

And not a fan of Lily Allen, no ;3;

I wasn't demanding you hand over the story or anything, I was just wondering if you were still going ahead with it and how the project was going. No need to be rude about it.

Yeah, calm down drama llama. He was just asking.

I don't listen to anything in particular to get rid of writer's block, just something good that I like, especially if it's new. I also listen to a lot of J-rock and J-pop.

Wait, did that come off as aggressive? Sorry, did not mean for it to come out like that...more a joking "there's ALOT of fanfics ;3;"

Eh, just working through the inevitable chaos that'll ensue from the panicking masses. Y'have to consider that new buildings popping into existence and a copy of yourself wandering out of it, along with another walking along the street, would pro'ly freak anyone out :L

But still, need to continue with the Travelsverse first. I need to get SOMETHING out, other then that oneshot...

/squeal/ I hit 100 pages in my Plasma's Folly Word document. I doubt that means anything to anyone else, but it's a pretty big accomplishment for me. I write all my stories in the same format (11-point Times New Roman font with 1.0 spacing and normal margins on 8.5” x 11” pages), and the most pages I've had before this is 28.

Two Steps From Hell instantly gets me in the mood to either do or write something epic. If you're writing something more reserved... I can't really help you :p

@Ahnyo; That's pretty cool! How long have you been writing it? (btw Plasma's Folly is near the top of my "To Read" list. No news as to when I'll get around to it, but it's there)

I started writing in November 2011, but I've been planning it since March of that year. Consequently, the writing in the earlier chapters isn't all that great. Blech, I cringe whenever I scroll through part one.

I've had the most massive writing block lately because my dad has enlisted the help of my aunt in making me search for jobs in the area I plan on moving to >.< I can't stand writing cover letters, and even those are becoming harder and harder to do.

Uni has caused me to spend two weeks working on an 8ES chapter when it usually takes me about four days maximum. Hopefully I will be able to publish it tonight and my fans will think it is worth the wait!

I think the longest I've ever had a story going was about 140k words. (I have no idea how long that is in pages.) It was about half done. Sadly, I have never finished anything but one shots -_-

Back
Top Bottom