• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Also, something to remember if you're not sure if you want to submit to the awards: if you get past the voting round (which pretty much everyone active does) then you get at least two free reviews!

Yeah Flaze get with the program. Jesus...

Sorry, Ace's tone came across as really passive aggressive and I laughed at things that aren't funny again. It's a problem that I'm working on.

Yeah Flaze get with the program. Jesus...

Sorry, Ace's tone came across as really passive aggressive and I laughed at things that aren't funny again. It's a problem that I'm working on.

I must say that I did not intend it that way :p We have gotten a few more entries today but not nearly as much as last time and we have quite a lot of empty categories at the moment, so if you have not entered and are considering entering then please do so! Basically any story on the first four pages of the Fairground is eligible for entry, and that means a lot of authors. If you have friends that are writers on here and you are not sure if they have seen the thread, then you should definitely message them in some way and pass on the news!!!!

We all sound like Ace, for Ace is all of us, and all of us are Ace.

He is the beginning and the end, the peanut butter and the jelly, the Plusle and the Minun. He is the almighty forum head.

Never doubt the Ace.

We all sound like Ace, for Ace is all of us, and all of us are Ace.

He is the beginning and the end, the peanut butter and the jelly, the Plusle and the Minun. He is the almighty forum head.

Never doubt the Ace.

This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me :p

And that may be unlikely @Flaze. Nominations are meant to close soon and we have had no entries in the Non Pokemon/Crossover category, one in Alternate, one in Dark and two in Expansion. If you know of stories that go well in those categories, people should get nominating! And spread the word and tell everyone you know about the Awards and get them to look about and get nominating!

So apparently I've been nominated for the Awards for Let the World Fear us and I have to wonder why. It's only a very, very short prologue of a story I've honestly forgotten to work on in recent weeks. I guess it's to give Psychic Duelist Django Spirit more than just a guaranteed (but very likely) win? Though, perhaps this means I should get back to work on some more chapters. I've got the first two finished, but I want to finish my current subplot so I can go back and patch up holes before releasing it.

Best of luck to everyone who's made it to the nominations phase!

Hmm. I do need to get back into writing so we have some more competition (ohoho such confidence), but I had some serious trouble getting back into Champion Game etc. I honestly think I might just have to go and start something new or else I'm just going to stall, crash and burn. .-. Time to get that creative engine revved up!

Also uh. Hi!

@AC-PrescottI did make several appeals on here and on Twitter about the lack of Non-Pokemon nominations, which was when we got the two that went through, so clearly someone thought your story had something in it, which is quite a good thing :)
@Seizon Senryaku, that sounds like a good plan - I certainly feel that way myself when I go back to old stories

Don't worry Pavell you'll do well.

I'm actually *smirks* looking forward to seeing how these stories all go against each other. I've actually read all the journey fics aside from a Kalos Connection, but I can say that all of this fics show a different side of a journey fic, there'll be no comparing them because they're all so different.

That or I'm just hyped I can just kick back and judge without worrying about my own story winning this time :p either way I'll use this chance to check out my competition for the next awards.

The funny thing is that I actually wanted to nominate Let the World Fear Us since I did like it a lot, but I didn't cause only the Prologue was out xD I think it's a great fic, I hope you can continue it @AC-Prescott; ^^

I'm kinda scared... I nominated Zoey the Porygon as best Pokémon character but now I'm not sure if she's good enough. I guess I may as well just try and keep writing that story and fleshing her out...

If it makes you feel any better @Pavell; I have absolutely zero confidence in my chances.

Whoever judges the Journey category, can I ask you to really crack down? I'd love someone to be brutally honest about Unpredictable, and I think my competition deserves to be held to the highest standard.

That or I'm just hyped I can just kick back and judge without worrying about my own story winning this time :p either way I'll use this chance to check out my competition for the next awards.

It was really eye opening to judge Journey last time. It's great to get a chance to look at your competition when they're not actually your competition in order to have no bias.

Last edited:
@AetherX; I will be making a point of reminding everyone to be as critical and honest as possible as I usually do, and we have several new judges this year that should help to make things interesting.

Also, thank you for kicking off the voting in true style - it is quite rare that we get a full set of 18 votes cast at once, so it is nice to see our first voter kicking things off like this :) Not saying everyone has to do that though - we don't want you voting for stories you haven't read just to full out your votes, but it would be good to start seeing more voters

Back
Top Bottom