• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'm only in a physical/chemical/geologic oceanography course now. Basically, everything that isn't alive. They figure if you get through that, you should be willing to stay for a while.

I wanted to be a marine biologist when I was a kid. Not sure what happened to that idea

Same here, that was my dream job for a few years. Then I think the fact I cant swim and dont like science took over and shot that idea in the head :p

And I am pretty sure this months lesson is meant to be on Action Scenes, from those authors BP just mentioned. Not sure what is up with that though

I never really felt any desire in Marine Biology. Eh, it must be because I prefer to study the inanimate and think about random shtuff than study the living. I still don't know what I want to go to college for, though... Better find out real soon. :p

Well you guys are all a bunch of geniuses or something then : p I'm just a simple computing engineer xD

Oh please...you know I'm well beyond genius.

But seriously, we're all smart in some aspect. Mine is just general science: put me in a room with a person and I'll be the dumbest one in regards to social interaction there.

And life finds a way, Beth Pavell. Like the hypothetical Silicon-based lifeforms, even though Silicon isn't good in regards to bonding with other atoms which would really hinder the development of a metabolism, something Carbon is good at. Not entirely out of the question, but unlikely, so expect the discovery of some silicon-based life at some point.

This is a reminder for the upteenth time, but we are still looking for questions for the Quiz. We just need a few more: this is a great way to ensure you get new readers to your story and it will allow you and everyone else in the section to have a lot of fun as well. You can still take part in the quiz even if you submit a question, so can people PLEASE submit some things?

Well you guys are all a bunch of geniuses or something then : p I'm just a simple computing engineer xD

Oh please...you know I'm well beyond genius.

But seriously, we're all smart in some aspect. Mine is just general science: put me in a room with a person and I'll be the dumbest one in regards to social interaction there.

And life finds a way, Beth Pavell. Like the hypothetical Silicon-based lifeforms, even though Silicon isn't good in regards to bonding with other atoms which would really hinder the development of a metabolism, something Carbon is good at. Not entirely out of the question, but unlikely, so expect the discovery of some silicon-based life at some point.

That's just it - life manages to survive in the most unlikely of places, and what I'd love to know is how. How does a vent with a bunch of bacteria become an ecosystem of creatures that couldn't survive anywhere else? Oh my xD I can't help but feel a bit giddy, it's all so astonishing and beautiful and fascinating

That's just it - life manages to survive in the most unlikely of places, and what I'd love to know is how. How does a vent with a bunch of bacteria become an ecosystem of creatures that couldn't survive anywhere else? Oh my xD I can't help but feel a bit giddy, it's all so astonishing and beautiful and fascinating

Adaptation and Evolution. Some of the bacteria were more resilient to the chemicals and heat, thus survived where the others did not, then when they replicated some would mutate and if it was a useful trait, such as greater resistance to the heat, the trait would survive to the next generation and that adapted group would overtake the original, since they would be functioning much better in comparison to the the others. Rinse, repeat. Life's stubborn like that.

Instrutilus said:
And life finds a way

Only when I have directions.

Anywho, I'll send something in for the Quiz. I was going to wait until my newest chapter came out, but that seeing as that will still not be out for a while, it's better late than never.

Instrutilus said:
And life finds a way

Only when I have directions.
Congratulations. This is the greatest post on the Internet. You are now King (or Queen? Or both?) of the Internet.

Anyway, I totally know those college difficulty feels. Damn the student aid system in the US. Damn it all to hell!

I've not been on so much lately because I've been working on a short story.

I leave the thread for twelve hours and Jurassic Park references and witty replies to them take over...

These are great.

"nine out of ten readers do not notice mathematical inconsistencies in novels. the other two are fuckin nerds and should be ignored"

kill your main character. just do it. just go for it. it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t make sense. no one will take you seriously unless everyone dies

Back
Top Bottom