• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I stopped watching the anime after Johto, apart from a few episodes here and there of the other three series. Dawn was completely awful, and the Hoenn anime and games never really did it for me. As for BW, I just haven't had much interest in getting back into the anime. *leans back and chills in my rose-colored classes*

the anime sucks. i thought it was cool in the original series but then it just faltered completely. i will not watch it now.

@Kelleo; I already recognized as much. I was merely elaborating on my opinion, and I'd hope you would elaborate some more on yours (I'm curiou is all), oh well.

I actually find Advance to be my favorite after DP. I guess it's because I really, really liked Hoenn overall. DP-Advance-Johto-BW/Kanto is my opinion (can't decide between the latter tbh). The end of the Johto series was amazing, I especially loved the episode where the guys split ways. They mad a big point of it, after all that time, unlike some of the other series. The final battle with Gary was awesome. And so on. Overall I'm kind of split between Johto and Advance, but the latter wins me over I guess, because of interesting region.
@Misheard Whisper; I agree. Nostalgia is why most people enjoy the original pokemon series. Generally I often like the art style of the 90s, that dated look. I mean, quality-wise it's nothing compared to today, but some of them did quite well, and I tend to judge the art style based on that time period anyway (was it good/bad compared to the 90s in general?). Evangelion, Kenshin and Bebop are all series that did something right, not only with art, but with story and performance (well, Evangelion can be discussed in terms of story, but it's art style was brilliant for its time).

And yes, Lindsay Stirling is just. Awesome. Though I do have a friend who plays the violin very well and is at least as pretty :")

@Kelleo; I already recognized as much. I was merely elaborating on my opinion, and I'd hope you would elaborate some more on yours (I'm curiou is all), oh well.

Um, I did elaborate on mine. I told you why I prefer the BW anime.

@Llama_Guy Whoops, I was actually going to make a mention of Evangelion in that paragraph, but it slipped my mind. Yes, Evangelion was a really good 90s anime, and I do like the 'classic' look in that case. But it's still the exception, not the rule.

I watch Pokémon BW because I enjoy it, honestly.

The writing is incomparable to the one of DP as Ash's team is still heavily unbalanced in terms of use and screentime, but the main trio has an enjoyable chemistry and I really like the fact that even sidekicks have their own rivals now. Iris is one of the biggest reasons why I enjoy this series, to be honest. And Cilan, well Cilan was fun until he got really old. ^^

Oh, and Ash's Snivy is amazing.

Anime is terrible. Not even kidding. I hate it.

I'm pretty happy, got a lot of writing work done yesterday. I worked mainly on my project though, didn't do anything with Abdication. I plan to work again on Requiem today so Abdication'll be out tomorrow! :)

I don't think Cilan has "gotten old."

I don't want to grow bored of him either. He's win. <3

I did some more writing and stuff again today. Worked on Requiem again, got a lot done, finished up a scene. Abdication I'll most likely work on tomorrow, but I'm approaching a really interesting part in Requiem so I'm not sure. Nah, I'll probably post Abdication's next chapter tomorrow, because I have a general idea of what'll happen next in Requiem, but don't have the details down, so I have to think of something. So yeah, Abdication tomorrow, expect a new chapter :)

Just a note, guys: from now on, posting in this thread to announce new chapters of your fics is not permitted. It doesn't stimulate new discussion, it can block an existing one, and you have signatures, blogs and the mentions feature to help get the word out. This thread is meant to be a chat, so let's try and keep it on topic.

"Let's try to keep the off-topic on-topic" :p

Anyway, I got my hair cut today. Figured I can't walk around with a thick coat on my head when it's summer already (and yes, thick coat. I have/had lots of hair).

In other news, I played around with some non-newtonian fluids and magnetic putty today. Check out the videos; it's extremely interesting (and incredibly fun to try out).

i can't wait until i get my hair cut. gonna get a dykey cut to bring out my lesbianism :U. lolno, i just hate long hair and it's so hard to manage and asdf. short hair will be easier.

I prefer my long hair. I think it looks prettier and I think I look stupid with short hair.

I had my hair cut yesterday. It's feels like such a relief after washing my hair, not only do I feel lighter, but it doesn't take me as long to dry my hair, haha.

Same with me when it comes to long hair, especially during summer. Feels quite refreshing to me when it gets cut shorter. Especially because my hair is very thick! And I also look ridiculous when is long when I wake up in the morning. Imagine a super saiyan with a bad hair-day.

Uuu, I like long hair but my school has a very strict hair code which means I can't have it hanging over my face, covering my ears or touching my collar. It's absurd and I have to get my hair cut about once a month because it's so thick and fast-growing. I always feel horrible after a haircut. v_v

I considered once to grow my hair longer, but eventually decided against it. I sort of wanted to look like a cool guy, really. Today, I'm happy I didn't let my hair grow longer than needed.

A bit off-topic (can you really be off-topic in an off-topic thread?), @Misheard Whisper;, I noticed that in the workshop directory, my one-shot and Caprizant's fic hasn't been added yet to the lists. Did your radar miss it or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom