• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Hahaha, @Kelleo; that seemed like a good show too.

Surprisingly enough, I've gotten along great with black people. I'm always a little weary around them, a little cautious because everybody thinks they're freaking gang members and shit, but they're not. Black people are awesome! I swear a black person has never been mean to me, they're always so welcoming, so inviting, it's kind of hard for me to grasp at first. We usually get along pretty good with each other.

I also get along real good with Mexicans. Their really nice, too. Same as the black person. It's like in their nature to be really friendly. Out of all the Mexicans I've met, only one has bullied me, and pretty much the only one, too.

You should've seen the one class I was in back in my junior year then. I was the only white person in the entire class. I'm serious. And these teenagers were so bad that they made the teacher cry. Literally.

Ouch. Teachers aren't supposed to cry unti lthe year is over, then they can shed those tears of joy they've been holding in since September :p

dude that's awful :c. i don't like seeing teachers cry unless it's out of joy for another student or something.

by the way, planning on getting to work on my new writing project. i'll update you with an excerpt once i get to it :eek:.

I posted an excerpt of mine already a bit before. Did any of you read it?

That project won't be out most likely until summer, for now I wanna focus on getting more chapters up for my fic. I really wanna get some awards :3

I posted an excerpt of mine already a bit before. Did any of you read it?

That project won't be out most likely until summer, for now I wanna focus on getting more chapters up for my fic. I really wanna get some awards :3

Hey, be glad you even got nominated. I didn't get a single one myself.

Finally, weekend! And I also got a brand new desktop computer (wohoo). Unfortunately, I don't have an extra copy of One-Note and Word (I use both for my fic, primarily One-Note), so a trial version for the time being will have to do before I can write on my new computer (I'm still downloading it as I write this).

Now, about bullying.
I got bullied in school quite a bit, primarily because I was quite sensitive. But things took a turn for the worse when me and most of the upper classes were forced to switch schools, due to budget cuts. It actually went to the point that I actually considered suicide, just to escape from everything. Fortunately, I could switch schools after only 6 months after being transfered to my second one.

I may not have bullied since then, but it has left me psychological scars. For example, to this day, I have difficulty seeing the difference between teasing and bullying (I'm working on it). And in the third school, I often walked next to the walls, never in the middle of the hallways for at least a year.

To this day, I blame several teachers from my second school, particulary one I almost hated with a passion (and I don't think I was the only one who hated her) for not intervening. I also later learned that many of my former classmates from my first school (we were split into several different classes when we were transfered to the second one) also transfered to different schools because of similar situations like me. One case struck me very hard, however. He was sort of the class' clown (and a pervert if I might add), but he was also dyslexic. But the teachers simply said that "he just needed to break the code" (code as in reading). Just a year after the class got transfered, he transfered once again to a school better suited for him.

I also learned that one of the guys who bullied me later got bullied as well after I left. Ironic, isn't it?

augh i've had the worst day today. i just want it to be over.

so at like... three in the morning my mom was found unconscious on the floor of her bedroom and she wasn't breathing and was unresponsive. dad called an ambulance, eventually she became conscious and was responsive and she's at the hospital now (she may be out; dad called me saying she was better). but man... i couldn't go back to sleep after that... and when i went to school apparently the shirt i was wearing was inappropriate JUST BECAUSE my bra strap was showing ACCIDENTALLY and they sent me to fucking IN SCHOOL SUSPENSION until sixth period.

i wonder what fuckery i'll get now. maybe my sister will forget to pick me up again.

Ah, weekend :) I love the weekend. It's just so great. Either that or I'm being optimistic. Even though I am an optimist, the weekend is just awesome.

That's sad LL. I really hope she gets better :(

Wow, really? For my in-school suspension, I had to serve it the next day. We aren't allowed in our grade's classrooms and have to go to another grades' (there's only 2 classes for each grade. I go to a Catholic private school)

I'm planning to release chapter 4 for my fic over the weekend. Maybe even chapter 5. I also got an idea for this fic in my head today.

Geez, that sucks. Good that your mom is alright though, Lady Lucifer.

Speaking of updating fics, I just added more chapters for both Super Luigi and FE: Dawn of Darkness. A new chapter for Zelda: The Ancient Power should be up sometime soon as well. Depends on how long it takes my co-author and I to finalize it.

That moment when you're sitting on the bus and the entire climax of your story just falls into your mind! <3
@Lady Lucifer; wow, I feel bad for you guys. My best regard to your mother.

Oh, and 200 posts. In under two months 8)

Last edited:
Weekend for me just means more work. I've got a 6-7 page paper due Tuesday that I only just found all the sources for (when he said 5 sources, I didn't realize he meant five MORE than the five we've already collected), and that's in preparation for an even bigger project at the end of the quarter where we're supposed to basically film a mini-documentary. Thank god this is a group project, though the paper has to be done individually. I've also got two midterms next Wednesday that I've barely had time to study for along with a 20 page script due in a few weeks.

Two midterms on one day? Our midterms are whole-day tests x) It sounds like you've got a lot going on, @Feliciano; >.>; Glad I only have one Physics midterm and one Social Studies presentation left to go before I'm done.

I'm hoping to get my fic up this weekend, it all depends on the feedback from my beta reader.. :)

I'm trying to write a chaptered story for the first time in about a year, and I'd forgotton that my brain isn't set up to deal with the concept of 'plot'. aaargh plots are so hard, I just want to hide in a hole and do worldbuilding forever.

Good thing it's the weekend tomorrow: I can spend an entire two days sitting and swearing at my computer screen as I hammer away at my keyboard like an infinite number of monkeys.

I'm trying to write a chaptered story for the first time in about a year, and I'd forgotton that my brain isn't set up to deal with the concept of 'plot'. aaargh plots are so hard, I just want to hide in a hole and do worldbuilding forever.
Know That Feeling™. Sometimes I wish my brain would just insert a cool plot and well-written story into whatever universe I was creating.

Good thing it's the weekend tomorrow: I can spend an entire two days sitting and swearing at my computer screen as I hammer away at my keyboard like an infinite number of monkeys.
Yet you have as good a chance as the infinite monkeys to actually create anything good.

Nevermind, it was merely a pointer to the fact that the whole "infinite monkeys" maxim is quite ridiculous, as they wouldn't automatically be able to write anything good whatsoever, given their premises - yet people insist they would be able to recreate Shakespeare's works given infinite time. Not true at all. Anyone could write better than those monkeys, or something unique from them.

It wasn't actually directed at anything aside that.

Quick, someone who isn't an asspie tell me if I got insulted or not.

I second this question.

thanks for the get well's guys, my mom is doing better.

i basically pinpoint the important parts in the plot and then fill in the missing spaces. it's kind of like a puzzle in a way.

The filling in part is what I personally loathe. I seem to be getting better at coping with it though.

Back
Top Bottom