• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Yeah, considering North Carolina is a rather conservative state, that's probably pretty good.

Yeah, good luck with your job Kelleo! You seem pretty dedicated, though, so I'm sure you'll do great.

Thanks! :)

And yeah, I'm known to be quite a dedicated person. ;3

I have chosen two possible evolution lines to be the banner Pokemon this time around, and they are both quite different to what you were all guessing, so hopefully you will all be surprised but pleased when the banners get unveiled in two months time ;)

The mods just made my day. I love all of you.

I still like Soundcloud's "dropmeter" joke, if only because so many people thought they were serious.

God, it's like finding a time capsule buried in the backyard and being all excited but when you open it you remember why you buried all that stuff in the first place. I can't believe my writing used to be this bad...

I really have no idea what to do with this account. Should I revive it? I could use the ego boost...but all of the stories that are currently up are dead beyond the point of revival, and I don't know how people will react if I put up anything current. My old stories got really good reviews, but my writing style is a lot different now and...well, it's ff.net. I'm not sure how much a "better" writing style will be appreciated.

So. Uhm. How to begin. I've made forays into writing before to moderate success, I suppose. However, this time I'd like to get somethings right from the start. One thing I've always struggled with in writing was point of view. What do you guys do as far as that? First? Third? This has probably been my greatest deterrent in writing, as I always get caught up in trying to get this one thing right and it generally goes to pot after that.

Also, just for opinions, as I'd like to start reading and reviewing some stories: which stories are "good?" Obviously, there are many, but just to name a few as a good starting point. I'm already reading SE's Fritz Westmyn story, just to let you know.

Dear God, I'm such an awkward turtle.

Well if it comes down to POV then just pick the one you think best fits your story, a lot of people use third but using first person isn't bad either and it allows you to get into a character's mind easier, the only bad part is that you can only focus on that character. Other than that it's generally just up to your opinion.

also my fics are pretty good, you should read mine

As for reading fics, well you'll just have to check for yourself or read the slashthrough

Well if it comes down to POV then just pick the one you think best fits your story, a lot of people use third but using first person isn't bad either and it allows you to get into a character's mind easier, the only bad part is that you can only focus on that character. Other than that it's generally just up to your opinion.

also my fics are pretty good, you should read mine

As for reading fics, well you'll just have to check for yourself or read the slashthrough

Thanks Flazy <3

AND GEE. I WONDER WHAT I SHOULD READ?! :p

This is a little biased, but a good place to start would be reading the fics of the people who regularly post here in the chat thread.

Or if you want the really good stuff, check out the Hall of Fame. Between those two options, just about all of the recent fics that I've read are covered.

also, read Flaze's fics

Back
Top Bottom