• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Yeah, but I thought it was obvious because Caitlin was originally the one being asked about a genres guide in the first place. At least that's what I thought. My mistake, I should've talked to a staff member about it. I apologize if I broke any rules. I kinda wasn't thinking that straight because I had just gotten home from work and it was late at night, so I was kinda tired too. I'm glad the guide came out as well as it did despite having been exhausted while writing it. :)
Caitlin was not directly asked, it was a vague question directed at everyone. I do appreciate what you did and we will use it as a guide for our own, but please remember to double check things before going ahead and doing stuff like this and then expect something to happen when you have not asked anyone.
This goes for anyone: if you have something that you think should be a necessary part of the workshop, just message one of us and let us know of your ideas :)

Caitlin was not directly asked, it was a vague question directed at everyone. I do appreciate what you did and we will use it as a guide for our own, but please remember to double check things before going ahead and doing stuff like this and then expect something to happen when you have not asked anyone.
This goes for anyone: if you have something that you think should be a necessary part of the workshop, just message one of us and let us know of your ideas :)

Oh. Guess I made yet another mistake. Ugh.

But yes, I understand.

There is not one, but if you would like to create one then feel free. The General Writing Questions and General Chat thread are very good though for getting questions answered, as there is usually someone hanging about :)

Ahk, might set one up if there is enough intrest in something like this, otherwise I'll let the threads carry on.

And in other news, I'm completely stuck on writing the next chapter of my fic http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/journey-1000-miles-149671/
Wile I know I want to finish up in Celedon, but I have no idea how to handle the next part.

Pretty much I'v run out of ideas, atm and I want to get some work done on the next chapter wile I have tomorrow free for the most part.

What I want to do in chapter 4 is finish up in Celedon for this part of the story, and maybe begin the next leg of his journey to Palet down.

Last couple of paragraphs from chapter 3:

“I, ah, ye…NO!” I said, stumbling my words before yelling the last one. I’m pretty sure my face gave away my lie, and the look on the officers was telling me what I already believed.

He placed a hand on my shoulder and lifted a flyer which had a picture of me and the words; Wanted for questioning regarding the resent reports of Pokémon beatings in the Celedon City and Hollygrove area.

Reading this my jaw dropped, I just froze up inside, unable to speak or think, or even stand for that matter, as a moment later my legs gave out and I just fell to my knees, grasping at the flyer in my hands.

I wouldn't mind joining a Bulbagarden Writer's Workshop IM group on Skype. Sounds fun. :)

And in other news, I'm completely stuck on writing the next chapter of my fic http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/journey-1000-miles-149671/
Wile I know I want to finish up in Celedon, but I have no idea how to handle the next part.

Pretty much I'v run out of ideas, atm and I want to get some work done on the next chapter wile I have tomorrow free for the most part.

What I want to do in chapter 4 is finish up in Celedon for this part of the story, and maybe begin the next leg of his journey to Palet down.

Last couple of paragraphs from chapter 3:

“I, ah, ye…NO!” I said, stumbling my words before yelling the last one. I’m pretty sure my face gave away my lie, and the look on the officers was telling me what I already believed.

He placed a hand on my shoulder and lifted a flyer which had a picture of me and the words; Wanted for questioning regarding the resent reports of Pokémon beatings in the Celedon City and Hollygrove area.

Reading this my jaw dropped, I just froze up inside, unable to speak or think, or even stand for that matter, as a moment later my legs gave out and I just fell to my knees, grasping at the flyer in my hands.
We have a General Writing Questions thread for stuff like this :)

I don't know how many of you read the Dresden Files, but the author Jim Butcher has this fantastic blog where he has posted some seriously useful writing stuff. Lot's of good info on story structure and whatnot. Not to mention, his "The Most Important Thing an Aspiring Author Needs to Know" is really inspirational for any sort of personal creative vocation.

Been busy and forgot to mention this.

The Review Game is still up and running, at least it would be if someone would review Feli's fic, Heart of Crystal, it is a good one, even winning Best Story in the awards a couple times ago. So if someone could go review what she asked and keep the game going ti would be much appreciated :) And if you reviewed it after the 23rd of last month you can just use that so it saves you having to do another one.

The one in her sig works.

I totaly would, since I've been meaning to review it anyway, but she's the fourth turn after my last turn so I can't.

Heart of Crystal - Try this

Also, we need six more questions for the quiz! Come on people, if you have a fic you want to get some attention for, send those questions in! :D

Also, we moderators are making that welcome thread/a hub for all the links and places to go in the Workshop, but we need a bit of help. We are wondering what questions you guys may have had when you first arrived in the Workshop, whether it be related to reviewing, posting chapters, word limits, anything that may have crossed your mind so we can use it to make some FAQs and provide help to those that need it!

Ah, thanks you guys. I was finally able to pull it up. Unfortunately, the moment I noticed it was a nuzlocke challenge fic, I chose not to read it. I apologize, but I've never liked the idea behind nuzlocke challenges. It's not Feli's fault or the fault of any of you guys though. I've disliked the idea since long before I joined this place.

Back
Top Bottom