• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

(dick, manhood, and cock all give very different vibes)

for example, "manhood" gives off a vibe of utter cringeworthiness

Manhood is a good term for when you're trying to portray innocence, shyness, a tender mood, etc. It has its specific uses, though. You don't want to throw it in willy-nilly.

And I'll see what I can do about a lesson in that regard.

Y'know guys, I wasn't actually being serious ... and hold on, we can write Academy lessons above a G? Damnit. Dr Imogen had quite a foul mouth till I realised I was supposed to be writing a lesson

Hey if they allow Mature stories I don't see why not.

We would have to throw a warning up of course, but I think writing sex scenes is something people legitimately struggle with and it would be good to show a variety with our lessons instead of discussing the same old stuff. The Academy should have variety and should provide readers with helpful tools to improve their work.

I am asexual, so romance in general is hard for me to write since writing things with no comparable experience is rather difficult. I tend to stay away from plotlines that would require me to do romance-stuff by writing about characters who are too young to care, too troubled by other things to even think about it, or otherwise unlikely to head into scenes I know I would handle badly. I've been mulling around some ideas for a love story for a while just to force myself to work on a weakness I avoid in increasingly ridiculous ways, but even then I will probably stay away from sex scenes. Can't drown in the baby steps...

With that said, a lesson on it would still be nice as I fully admit I would have no idea where to start if I ever did decide to write one.

Holy cow, you guys are actually serious. >_>

I feel bad for the poor bastard who has to write that lesson...

Meh, doesn't really matter to me anyways. I said it already, but I feel that adding sex to any sort of non-erotica story is totally pointless. I haven't written sex, and I don't intend to anytime soon.

We don't force people to write lessons, it would be entirely up to someone to willing write it, and if there is no one who wants to write it it won't happen. I understand you may not like them GG, but I think it is clear from our little discussion that some people would appreciate ideas on how to write them should they feel the need to write them (like I said earlier, I think there can be a need for them if you are trying to convey something other than sex)

Hi I'm new but I love fanfiction and found this site since Pokemon is my favorite. I'm sorry if English is not best language for me but I will try hard. Is there way to see the best fanfictions on this website?

Manhood is a good term for when you're trying to portray innocence, shyness, a tender mood, etc. It has its specific uses, though. You don't want to throw it in willy-nilly.
Personally, I've always seen the term manhood as something that overzealous "adult boys" (meaning people who are near or over 18 but have the mental capacity of a toddler) use to describe themselves, their actions, and how it relates to them being a "mature" adult. Due to personal, life long experiences I had while growing up, I can never see the term manhood be applied to something of innocence, unless it's referring to a kitten being neutered.

Personally, I've always seen the term manhood as something that overzealous "adult boys" (meaning people who are near or over 18 but have the mental capacity of a toddler) use to describe themselves, their actions, and how it relates to them being a "mature" adult. Due to personal, life long experiences I had while growing up, I can never see the term manhood be applied to something of innocence, unless it's referring to a kitten being neutered.

Well, different people have different views on things, I guess. For their own reasons and whatnot. Out of curiousity then, what term or terms would you use for that particular situation? If you wanted to portray that, what term for male genitalia would you use?

That's the thing, I can't think of a term I'd use for innocence. I know that innocence can be involved in an encounter between two people, but from personal experiences on my end, that innocence is diminished quite a lot when both parties agree. I dunno, honestly. I've never written innocence or first times.

We don't force people to write lessons, it would be entirely up to someone to willing write it, and if there is no one who wants to write it it won't happen. I understand you may not like them GG, but I think it is clear from our little discussion that some people would appreciate ideas on how to write them should they feel the need to write them (like I said earlier, I think there can be a need for them if you are trying to convey something other than sex)

Oh no, I wasn't saying anybody was being forced. I was just saying I think it'd be a hell of a lesson to write.

You would have to be able to write it without it sounding like a bunch of middle schoolers...lol.

Not that I would know anything about this, but I would say that the most innocent term is to just say "him".

Hi I'm new but I love fanfiction and found this site since Pokemon is my favorite. I'm sorry if English is not best language for me but I will try hard. Is there way to see the best fanfictions on this website?

Welcome! You managed to pick the most awkward time to walk in.

If you're looking for the best, our award winning fics can be found in the Hall of Fame. If you're looking for a specific genre, check out the directory. Personally though, I think some of the best fics can be found in the signatures of those posting in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom