• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

The episode is what made me decide to theme Airbending. v_v Book 3 is not just on fire, it's on earth, water, air, metal, lava, and combustion. ((sorry, i had to .-.))

So good.

I can't wait for the finale. It's going to have me on the edge of my seat.

So I got a tablet and with school starting i can almost be consistantly around wifi. Once I get a bluetooth keyboard for it expect to see me back redoing an old fic!(if anybody remembers me from like 2011-12 :p)

Would be great to see some old faces back again KantoMasta! Look forward to it :)

I have mentioned it in the past, but we are very close to bringing back the Monthly Quiz, with some important alterations that will make it more open to everyone. The one thing that has held us back has been we have not really been able to think of a prize to make the competition worthwhile. The award last time was being Fic of the Month, but I am not entirely comfortable with doing that again, so I am putting it out there for you guys to come up with some ideas to see if we can work something out. Possible ideas include perhaps choosing Fic of the Month (ie a story you really enjoy on the forums at that moment), special promotion of your fic on our Twitter feed (that's @bulbawriters if you guys aren't following) or something to do with the Hall of Fame - we would not though make a special badge just for answering the quiz, but perhaps a special mention and multiple wins maybe adding up to a badge.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any better suggestions!

Fiction promotions through social media would be nice - not least since the idea of them being featured on the Bulbagarden Tumblr has, to my knowledge, never happened. I think there may be a problem with finding a nice little prize that will appeal to the non-authors who frequent the forum. Perhaps they could nominate something to be featured alongside a Badge?

Fiction promotions through social media would be nice - not least since the idea of them being featured on the Bulbagarden Tumblr has, to my knowledge, never happened. I think there may be a problem with finding a nice little prize that will appeal to the non-authors who frequent the forum. Perhaps they could nominate something to be featured alongside a Badge?

Yeah, one of the reasons we cant do the FOTM prize is because not everyone who frequents here is an author. Like I said, it would not be a badge reward every time someone wins a quiz - if anything, it would be perhaps win three or so quizzes and receive a badge, just as we do not want to be handing badges out willy-nilly.

The prize could be social media promotion for your story or a favourite story of yours and perhaps a specially commissioned banner? We would need to find a new regular artist to help us out, so if we go ahead with that we would need recommendations of people willing to do banners for free, but would people be interested in a prize like that?

Yeah, one of the reasons we cant do the FOTM prize is because not everyone who frequents here is an author. Like I said, it would not be a badge reward every time someone wins a quiz - if anything, it would be perhaps win three or so quizzes and receive a badge, just as we do not want to be handing badges out willy-nilly.

The prize could be social media promotion for your story or a favourite story of yours and perhaps a specially commissioned banner? We would need to find a new regular artist to help us out, so if we go ahead with that we would need recommendations of people willing to do banners for free, but would people be interested in a prize like that?

I'd be interested in any sort of prize you guys give me. Of course, I'd prefer the promotion, although the banner could be a nice fallback to those who don't have a fic they want to promote, be they the author or not. I would gladly make the banner if I knew how to do one well, but alas, art is not my forte.

Whoa, I haven't been on Bulbagarden in forever. The writers community seems much improved, just from browsing some threads and seeing a lot more thought put into the craft. I remember when it was a ghost town, and Serebii had the big writer's community. so, uh, a bit of a role reversal here.
I came back because I really want to be a writer (as my secondary career, after psychology), and while some people mock it, fanfiction can be a great writing exercise. I'm particularly attracted to writing in a Pokemon universe, because it opens up the possibility of writing fairly unique, challenging characters, the vast majority of whom can't talk (or at least speak in a way understandable to people). I hope I can get my first actual posted fanfiction up and running soon-ish, and get some feedback on its good and bad qualities.
Fic is tentatively titled "Lamb to the Slaughter" (because the main character's...starter is a Mareep). If I can pull off some sort of regular update schedule, I have spin-offs in mind, but let's not count chickens before the hens have laid the eggs. :)

I leave for a day and you get like five new people here what.

Speaking of leaving, posting this here so that people know that I've started college and things are gonna be craaaaazy for a little while, so replies are gonna be real slow for a bit aren't they always I have the next chapter of soih prepped already, but I haven't had the time to edit/post, so it probably wan't be up for at least a week.

...-sigh- If I have the time and depression isn't weighing me down, I'll make the banners if you so choose to do that. Here's three examples of my drawings:

ad_hedgehog___ready_for_war_by_adhedgehog-d5mk3x7.png

bored_sonic_redesign___inked_by_adhedgehog-d76q2e2.png

bsc_request__attack_on_waluigi___inked___youtube__by_adhedgehog-d7gpo5n.png

We do not want to force anyone into it @Instrutilus - it would be a monthly/bimonthly thing and anyone willing to help with making banners should be willing and free to do it, rather than it being a chore or distracting from school work and the like. Your artwork is very good though

I'm aware. If I wasn't willing, I wouldn't put my name forward: I don't do anything I don't want to.

They're hiding nothing, nor are they employing me to deal with anyone looking too deeply into it. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go do some........................things.

I'm aware. If I wasn't willing, I wouldn't put my name forward: I don't do anything I don't want to.

The placement of -sigh- beforehand made it seem like you were suggesting yourself unwillingly. But thank you for putting your name forwards, I will continue to discuss things with the moderators

Sorry, that's more annoyance at myself because of the following "if depression doesn't weigh me down". I'd rather that not be a problem at all.

Back
Top Bottom