• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Yeah, I saw something about that earlier. It's amazing how much changes between design and implementation!

It's worth noting that it hasn't been verified as an official demo yet. While a lot of the designs are interesting, something that makes me hesitant to consider it a demo is something simple: Meganium and Donphan. Their designs haven't changed at all while everything else looks like the old school Japanese blue/green sprites, rather than the refined art style that we saw in international R/B/Y. Meganium and Donphan are almost literally pixel perfect between the "leaked" designs and the final ones, which has me cautious that this might be a fan creation that either simply forgot to redraw them or chose not to for a variety of possible reasons.

Also, I'm pretty sure I see Dedenne or whatever it's called in there. Usually with pokemon that were unreleased for several generations, we at least have an indication that they existed internally within Gamefreak, but absolutely none for that one that I'm aware of.

Similarly, it does feel a little fishy. I've been involved in a couple of other communities that go crazy over prototypes and I'd consider a gold/silver beta with significant changes like that to be a holy grail within the prototype community. For one to just appear out of nowhere seems a little too suspicious to me, but I don't follow this stuff as closely as I used to.

That said, there's definitely a lot of interesting stuff in there.

I actually believe it has been confirmed to be the actual thing. I'm not quite sure where I remember seeing the details, but I did, earlier this morning. I'll link it if I find it again.

Yeah, I didn't even consider the Pokémon talking underwater thing with my magikarp character, so... :p Instead, I'm trying to figure out the logistics of traveling and living with a water-type that can't breathing outside of water for long, since that means the magikarp's ability to appear in the fic is severely limited otherwise.

You could always go the ridiculous route and have your character lug a water tank on their back (or even better, on a wheeled cart or one of those Radio Flyer wagons) and they spray the Magikarp with a garden hose every few minutes.

"Time out! I gotta spray my fish down, this shouldn't take long!" they shouted. The battle paused as the hose hissed with flowing water. They were happy that they were given the time to douse their Magikarp with a spray of refreshing water, as it gave them a critical six minute window to strategize how best to defeat their opponent with an expertly crafted splash attack.

You could always go the ridiculous route and have your character lug a water tank on their back (or even better, on a wheeled cart or one of those Radio Flyer wagons) and they spray the Magikarp with a garden hose every few minutes.
Fish-on-Wheels-by-Studio-Diip_dezeen_468_2.jpg

If it isn’t self-driving are they even training

i-is that an actual thing? sounds totally impractical, but possible lmao
With the correct hardware and materials, I might actually have the know-how to build something like this in real life. Thoughts:
  • Factory new Radio Flyer wagon, just so I can make sure the wheels work. The wheels never work on these things in my experience.
  • 55 gallon drum to hold the water. Plastic instead of metal for a lightweight solution.
  • Straps to secure the drum to the wagon.
  • Some plywood and a few pipes to build a flat platform above the drum.
  • A compressor unit that is placed on the platform.
  • A pump system attached to the drum and feeding into the compressor.
  • A diesel generator that is placed on the platform, to power the compressor and the pump.
  • A secure compartment on the remaining section of the platform for securing diesel canisters.
  • 50 feet of garden hose, with a nozzle on the end that you can shut off with a lever.
  • Estimated weight: you're not pulling this thing up any hills, that's for sure.
Impractical? Yes. Dangerous with a high chance of killing you because of shoddy craftsmanship? Hell yes. Will it win the mad science fair? You fuckin' bet.

Fish-on-Wheels-by-Studio-Diip_dezeen_468_2.jpg

If it isn’t self-driving are they even training
This was on an episode of QI.

I stayed up late last night writing a scene in my Buizel fanfic where the two main characters meet, only to realise that I had no idea how to continue the scene, and think I wouldn't get stuck if I had the protagonist meet a different character. All part of the writing process!

Also, my Kindle kept autocorrecting the past-tense to the present-tense.

Writing is hard when you feel ill and your life is full of stress and you're behind on actual work. *sigh*

doubt.jpg

I'm trying to develop a habit of writing in free moments l. I used to write on the bus a lot. Whatever happened to that habit?

Using pen and paper to write on the local buses is a fool's errand! I'll give using OneNote a go and let you know if I succeed.

Back
Top Bottom