• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Travelog!

I just beat the game a few hours ago. The champion battle wasn't really that great ._. Diantha's team was kind of a mess and she is kind of a boring character compared to Cynthia, Alder and Iris :T the scenery and her battle theme were quite awesome though (did anyone notice there are pieces of the Unova E4 battle theme remixed in Diantha's battle theme?). Anyway, the Elite Four was hands down the most epic in the series imo. I loved their teams and if not by my awesome Aegislash, I would have certainly lost to any of the members. I think I should mention that Siegbold's Clawitzer was a pain in the ass to beat (I really need to train this Pokémon in my next playthrough). Their designs and personalities are quite awesome as well, specially Malva's. I really enjoyed the ending and the final battle against AZ, though his team was kind of meh (but every single one of his Pokémon make sense judging by a storyline perspective). His Floette appearing after the battle was sweet and heartwarming.

So, it took me 35 hours to finish the game. Usually, I finish Pokémon games in 20~25 hours, but I guess the Pokémon Amie and Super Training features extended the game time quite a bit. My team by the end of the game was:

- Delphox Lv. 68
- Chesnaught Lv. 64
- Aegislash Lv. 63
- Aromatisse Lv. 62
- Noivern Lv. 62
- Goodra Lv. 50

Although the game was a bit underwhelming in some aspects (like the rival... seriously, Calem sucks), some Gym Leaders having disappointing teams and the Team Flare Scientists not getting enough focus (and an unique battle theme), I will still dare to say that Pokémon XY are the best games in the series. I guess Platinum just lost its place as my favorite Pokémon game. Anyway, now I am wondering if I should trade my Delphox to a friend and restart the game... or should I wait a bit more to replay it? I dunno.

So after finally progressing more today, I made it out of Lumiose City and to the next town. My Fennekin and Fletchling finally evolved, but I hope to get to route 6 before the second gym, as I want to catch an Oddish (which I heard is found on route 6) and finally add another member to my team. It'll also give me type coverage since my other Pokemon are Fire types. xP (I've boxed the event Torchic and will box my Bulbasaur)

Well, I just defeated Team Flare and caught the legendary Xerneas without fail. I have replaced my Ice type with an Abamasnow, which I proceeded to name Obamasnow. But yeah, my team is all in lv 60's besides my Abamasnow which is at lv 51 being non-stop trained.

Well, after finding a shiny Furfrou the first day of owning the game (Sunday), last night I found a shiny Murkrow in a hoard on only my second encounter on route 6. I'm thinking of repacing the Hawlucha on my team with the Murkrow, but I'm not to sure yet...

I just beat the game a few hours ago. The champion battle wasn't really that great ._. Diantha's team was kind of a mess and she is kind of a boring character compared to Cynthia, Alder and Iris :T the scenery and her battle theme were quite awesome though (did anyone notice there are pieces of the Unova E4 battle theme remixed in Diantha's battle theme?). Anyway, the Elite Four was hands down the most epic in the series imo. I loved their teams and if not by my awesome Aegislash, I would have certainly lost to any of the members. I think I should mention that Siegbold's Clawitzer was a pain in the ass to beat (I really need to train this Pokémon in my next playthrough). Their designs and personalities are quite awesome as well, specially Malva's. I really enjoyed the ending and the final battle against AZ, though his team was kind of meh (but every single one of his Pokémon make sense judging by a storyline perspective). His Floette appearing after the battle was sweet and heartwarming.

So, it took me 35 hours to finish the game. Usually, I finish Pokémon games in 20~25 hours, but I guess the Pokémon Amie and Super Training features extended the game time quite a bit. My team by the end of the game was:

- Delphox Lv. 68
- Chesnaught Lv. 64
- Aegislash Lv. 63
- Aromatisse Lv. 62
- Noivern Lv. 62
- Goodra Lv. 50

Although the game was a bit underwhelming in some aspects (like the rival... seriously, Calem sucks), some Gym Leaders having disappointing teams and the Team Flare Scientists not getting enough focus (and an unique battle theme), I will still dare to say that Pokémon XY are the best games in the series. I guess Platinum just lost its place as my favorite Pokémon game. Anyway, now I am wondering if I should trade my Delphox to a friend and restart the game... or should I wait a bit more to replay it? I dunno.

I guess sliggo doesn't evolve ino goodra at level 70 then. At what level did it evolve for you? Also, how can goomy learn infestation? Not only is it a dragon type, it doesn't look anything like an insect!

Last edited:
Finally got the game.

Picked Froakie as my starter and then spent around 45 minutes just on Route 2 catching everything and being amazed by the awesome looking battles and sprites.

Currently on Route 3 catching everything there as well and training my Fletchling.

I guess sliggo doesn't evolve ino goodra at level 70 then. At what level did it evolve for you?

Sliggoo evolves into Goodra starting at Lvl. 50 in permanent rain (i.e. You can't use Rain Dance in a battle to level it up, it must be raining on the terrain).

So I just defeated the Pokémon League and, um... WHAT?! Seriously, any bad thought I had about Pokémon X up to this point was pretty much negated from the moment I entered that Pokémon League castle. The scenery is gorgeous, the E4 members have so much personality for characters you only see for a few minutes, and that post-Champion scene tugged on all of the heart strings and made me feel all of the feels. @Reila was right in saying that the Champion was boring compared to Cynthia, Alder, and Iris, but omg DAT ROOM. DAT ROOM. How much money do these people spend on building these Pokémon Leagues?!

I personally found the E4 battles easy; other than the Fire E4 member (?!?!), I was pretty much OHKOing Pokémon (a few of them by critical hits, I'll confess), and the few times I didn't OHKO an opponent, I used their healing/Full Restore mechanic to my advantage. I can't believe I almost gave up on my Sylveon, he easily became the MVP of my team. Fairies FTW!

At first I wasn't sure about buying Pokémon Y, but after completing the main story in X, I pretty much need to get Y at some point. I have to experience that story again!

CURRENT TEAM
Goodra (Gummiworm, F), Lvl. 68
Chesnaught (Chestnut, M), Lvl. 68
Talonflame (Flameur, M), Lvl. 69
Aegislash (Kayblader, M), Lvl. 69
Sylveon (Fairyodd, M), Lvl. 69
Meowstic (Discoschtick, M), Lvl. 69

Just beat Clemont! Before that though, I went splurging around Lumiose a bit. Fought in the one and two star restaurants, got a berry juice, went to the art museum, fought some of the trainers in the alleys, etc.

Then I played in Amie a bit. I have all of my Pokemons hearts (except for Skrelp) maxed out. After I finished with that, I decided to evolve my Helioptile and Floette. So now my team is nearly finished, and all that's left to do is evolve Skrelp, get a Pumpkaboo, and finish the last few gyms. Though I'm honestly considering switching out Vivillon. I mean, it's level 47 and its Sp. Att just hit 99 .____.

While I would like a Pokemon that can fly, I'm not interested in Hawlucha or Fletchling, so I'm thinking about replacing Vivillon with Amaura. I might wait until the Psychic gym, might not.

Current team:
Skrelp (Cyanide) - 40
Florges (Lily) - 48
Delphox (Hazel) - 49
Vivillon (Babochka) - 47
Heliolisk (Sandy) - 47

I'm just starting Victory Road now, and I beat Wulfric about an hour ago. I've been roaming around Lumiose City for a bit, trying to memorize my way around. Wulfric was pretty easy; he only got hard when he spammed full restores. His Avalugg was the only thing challenging in the gym, due to its high defensive.

I think I might evolve my Floette and Doublade before I start Victory Road. I'm not sure if they are going to learn any more moves. Hopefully I'm right; I would like to have Aegislash and Florges on my team before the E4.

Oh, and while I was in Lumiose City I checked out the Stone Emporium. When I was first there, I was offered the Mega Stone at $1,000,000, and now he asked if I wanted it for $500,000. Hopefully it'll go down to $250,000 soon. I can afford the $500,000, but I don't want to spend all my money on a Mega Stone.

I'm still in route 10 trying to catch the elusive Emolga. I've been wanting the cute Pokemon in my team.
I think it would bring a nice adorable element in it. Oh Emolga, pls show up :)

Current Team:
Froagadier lv30
Kirlia lv27
Pancham lv28
Amaura lv28

Well, I've been taking my time. Had some breeding projects to do, so that ate up some time, but well worth it the effort (especially since I got a Noibat in a trade that I managed to get a good egg from, so I'm super happy!).

Anyway, moving on, I defeated Serena, then I beat Shalour Gym and did the whole Tower of Mastery bit, and got Surf. Now I know I said I was only gonna use Gen VI Pokemon, but at least one pre-gen Mon has ended up on the team: Lucario, so I can effectively test the waters of Mega Evolution and get the hang of it. He's still be a sub member, but since most of my team is almost ridiculously overleveled at this point, I'll spend some time with him and my other newbies. Here's the current team:

Current Team
Delphox (Nina, female): Lv 49
Gogoat (Spar, male): Lv 43
Greninja (Rei, male): Lv 44
Noibat (Ryu, male): Lv 35
Sylveon (Deis, female): Lv 33
Lucario (Bo, male): Lv 32

Reserves
Pyroar (Katt, female): Lv35
Pangoro (Rand, male): Lv32
Talonflame (Garr, male): Lv38
Inkay (Myria, female): Lv26
Doublade (Fou-Lu, male): Lv43

I'm gonna do some grinding with my weaker members to get them up to the 40s. The Battle Chateau has been a good training ground (and heavy in the profits as well), so I'll probably backtrack a fair amount for that, as well as cash in some of my Pokemiles for some goodies (Fly would be really useful right now...). Progress is slow, but that's because I'm taking my time to explore and find new things and such (since I'm still without the guide to clue me in on things like secrets, learn-able moves and such). But so far so good. I haven't lost once (probably due to excessive exploring, thus unintentional grinding + abusing EXP Share), so I'm still good. Hopefully it continue.

That's all for now.

I saw somebody documenting their Nuzlocke run today at the local used-game store. Their Frogadier made it through Grant's Gym with very little trouble (despite Tyrunt's neutrality to Water attacks), and subsequently to Geosenge. They were not expecting that street battle against Korrina's two Lucarios, though, and apparently don't remember much about how to battle Steel. Frogadier's Quick Attack barely scratches them, and the frog isn't fast enough to outspeed them either. I recommended using Water Pulse for the neutral effectiveness and STAB, but too late -- Frogadier went down.

Minute of crushing silence.

Who to send in next -- I spot the Golbat in their party and recommend it (double Fighting resistance and Confuse Ray). The first Lucario goes down from confusion damage, and the Golbat handily takes down the second with Wing Attack.

Frogadier gets boxed. I feel partially responsible for that casualty (the player also blames themself for not being sure they actually healed up at the Pokemon Center first).

Well I'm currently at Reflection Cave. Here is my team so far. Any suggestions for a sixth team member.

Quilladin (Chester)- Lvl 31
Fletchlinder (Skyler)- Lvl 30
Wartortle (Poseidon)- Lvl 31
Honedge (Leonardo)- Lvl 29
Tyrunt (JP)- Lvl 29

Just beat the fourth gym. After 70 hours. You could say I take my time, but that would be an understatement. It was the easiest so far, probably because I have two fire types and am beginning to get slightly over-leveled.

So to start, I chose a nice little Fennekin, a male who I named 'Maple'. The name just popped into my head when I was thinking about colors.

Near the beginning, I caught myself a male Fletchling ('Flitter'), and a female Scatterbug ('Stacy'). I forget if it was before or after the first gym, but I encountered a Furfrou. In a moment of somewhat unwitting brilliance, I caught it in a Luxury ball (STAB Return ftw!).

The first gym was pretty easy, though I may have been a little under-leveled. But it was bug, after all.

Soon after, I caught myself a male Espurr ('Maro'), A female Honedge ('Trex'), and a male Nincada ('Jan'. Prounounced the Dutch way, with the J being like an English Y). I replaced Jan with the Amaura.

I then promptly challenged the second gym, and promptly got demolished by a Tyrunt. If you'll notice, my entire team is weak to Rock or Dark. Tyrunt's pseudo-STAB on Bite, along with his rock tomb, was enough to OHKO or 2HKO my entire team. I also only had one pokemon with a super effective move, which was my terribly under-leveled Amaura. In fact, my entire team was still under-leveled. It was a traumatic experience in general. Despite this, I re-challenged the gym with the exact same team, and managed to win. Granted, it involved setting up a bunch of Swords Dances and Automizes on my Honedge, and still barely surviving, but a win is a win.

I headed out and...
EEVEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
'nuff said. XD Replaced the Amaura.

Beat the third Gym with that team, boxed the Lucario ('Star'), and then went on to beat the fourth gym easily.

Team, all around L. 36-38:
Delphox (M) - Maple
Talonflame (M) - Flitter
Meowstic (M) - Maro
Duoblade (F) - Trex
Furfrou (M) - Sil
Umbreon (M) - Aqo

I still want to pick up a Female Espurr or Meowstic, 'cuz I WANT BOTH!!!

edit: Also, I am in love with the soundtrack of this game.

So I finally caught a pair of Ralts, one male and the other female, then decided to keep pressing ahead. I make it to Lumiose City but find nothing interesting to do, thanks in no small part to the blackout. I take in a few shops, get told that I'm not trendy enough for one of the boutiques, make a PR vid and blow this Popsicle stand.

I head down Route 5, get to Camphier Town, get myself a nice big Berry plot and try to leave town. No such luck as a FREAKING SNORLAX is passed out in the middle of the road. My reaction:
"Oh, you big fat ass! Move your big fat ass!!"

This means a trip to Parfum Castle in order to get a Poke Flute. Shauna and I are tasked with this; we get to the Castle, pay a thousand bucks to get in(!) and try to find the stupid flute. In order to get the flute, we have to corral someone's unruly poodle in the process but get treated to a fireworks show afterward. We also get the flute and get back to Route 7, but not before I catch a male Honedge and name him Rhisling. I save before Snorlax is awakened and on my second try, get a female, which I catch. I yank the Sitrus Berry from her and plant it immediately, then get the slag outta Dodge. But before I get to Connecting Cave, I put my female Bulbasaur into Daycare to start breeding. I then head out to--hopefully!--the coast of Kalos. When I get there, I get my Poke Dex upgraded, get to Ambrette Town, learn about Fossils and have to rescue some dwick who's in Glittering Cave. Once that's done, I get a Sail Fossil and head on my way. For some odd reason, my gut is telling me to get to Cyllage City. I just have to get there.

I get to Route 10, beat a Psychic who says that my Pokemon are well, you know, then plunge into the nearby grass. The first thing I run into is a male Eevee, which I promptly leave. I'll wait until December for my Sylveon, as I have a shiny female that I can transfer over. Undaunted, I dash into the tall grass that is near a group of odd standing stones and I'm immediately attacked. Is is just me, or does the Pokemon I'm facing have an oddly familiar fin atop its head...?

"A wild Golett appeared!"

My reaction: :eek: :yahoo:

Rhisling comes out and I order him to hit the Golett with a Fury Cutter; it doesn't take off much but the Golett smacks Rhisling with a Shadow Punch. I bite my lip and throw a Premier Ball. One shake, two, three....and he bursts out. I mutter an angry curse, switch to my Beedrill and try again. Sting gets smacked with a Rollout and nearly faints, but hangs on with one HP. (Thank you, Pokemon-Amie!) I throw a Great Ball this time, get two shakes and the Golett breaks out. I'm starting to get a bit nervous now; I don't want to flee as I want this little guy, but he's putting a serious smackdown on my team. I sigh, send out my Pikachu and try a Luxury Ball. It doesn't even shake once before the Golett is free. Said Golett pops off another Rollout and my poor Tesla, my poor Pikachu, faints.

Now I'm more than a little panicked. My remaining team members are Leobreaker, my Litleo and my underleveled female Ralts, Kikyo. I know Kikyo won't be able to take hit one from this Golett--she's eight levels below him--and the Golett has a Type advantage. So I send out Leobreaker and pick through my bag. I have one Ultra Ball and two Dusk Balls. If I blow the Ultra and the little guy breaks out, I'm massively screwed. However, this battle is taking place at night, which gives the Dusk Ball the edge. So I throw a Dusk Ball at him, watch as it sails to its target and gasp as the Golett is pulled inside. The ball drops and my heart is hammering in the same rhythm as it shakes: one, two, three...

*click*

The Golett is caught and my team is now complete.

My current team is:
Titan: Golett(GL, but will be referenced as male), level 25, Quirky with Iron Fist; Likes to thrash about.
Shurikroak: Frogadier(F), level 23, Mild with Torrent; Strongly defiant.
Sting: Beedrill(M), level 23, Jolly with Swarm; Scatters things often.
Leobreaker: Litleo(M), level 22, Adamant with Unnerve; Capable of taking hits.
Tesla: Pikachu(F), level 22, Rash with Static; Very finicky.
Kikyo: Ralts(F), level 13, Jolly with Synchronize; Good endurance.

I'm planning on going back to the Battle Chateau for some training and cash, as I'm in need of both. Once I get Titan and Shurikroak at a good level, I'm going to go after Grant. Wish me luck.

In the city with the sundial. Things have been going smoothly.
"This area has 3D, Team Plasma must appear" has become a personal running gag.

3DS is charging atm so I don't have my team's levels with me. 48-ish with farfetched at 35 iirc.

Why do I always seem to encounter female Pokemon? Where are all the males?

I really wanted to catch that Rivalry Axew in Connecting Cave, but my Kirlia hits too hard and he broke out of the Ball too easily at full HP.

Then I encounter a SHINY Gulpin in a horde battle and what's the weakest thing I can hit it with? Apparently, Fletchinder's Flame Body. About three turns later I have it snagged in a Luxury Ball (I don't really like the look of Luxury Balls, but the shiny broke out of a Premiere Ball so...) .

I made some progress today. Went to Geosenge Town and spent a while there trying to figure out what to do before I went back to Cillerage and actually found out where the gym was since I missed it before. Took Frogadier and Braixen out of the PC and went to fight the gym, mostly using Froagadier for the trainers. Grant was not difficult at all. Then went back to Geosenge, saw the Team Flare dude and fought Korrina and her 2 Lucario, then was able to progress. I went in Reflecting Cave(very pretty) and fought the trainers, earning some cash and have finally arrived at Shalour City.

Team as of now:
Frogadier Lv 26
Phantump Lx 28
Noibat Lv 26
Sylveon Lv 30
Hawlucha Lv 30
Braixen Lv 28

Really wanted to keep Helioptile and may rotate it and Frogadier.

I have spent some time at Route 11 and tried to catch a Dedenne. Finaly I was succesful and I boxed the little rodent. Other new captures is: Sawk and Carbink. I moved on through the cave with mirrors and reached Shalour City! I defeated Serena, even though her Braixen was nasty. Then I went to the gym but... I forgot go buy healing stuff! I managed to defeat all the trainers anyway and when I reached Korrina Nacho the Quilladin and Bamboo the Pancham were fainted. The rest of my team was damaged. Thanks to my Fletchinder (King Bob) I managed to defeat two of three and my Swirlix Mr Fluff damaged Hawlucha but I failed. I healed up and returned. This time I dereated her(even if Hawluch still was a pain to beat). Then I got the Mega Ring, a Lucario, defeated Korrina again...
So now I will continue my journey in Kalos. Lucario was boxed btw.

Back
Top Bottom