• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY110: Thunder and Onvern! The Lightning of Anger!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I'm not here for another of Ash's Pokemon evolving against a Legendary if that's what this is. How reductive.

Maybe Hawlucha vs. Articuno creates Ash-Hawlucha? xD
Mega Hawlucha maybe? Everyone is expecting his mega to be one of his older mon, or none at all due to the damn frog, but this could be an interesting twist.

Last edited:
maybe MEGA hawlucha vs Articuno.....A POKEMON Z PROMO....
This too might happen:p

Reactions: !Z!
I think its evolution will happen before this episode because why would they spoil Onvern in the title?

I think its evolution will happen before this episode because why would they spoil Onvern in the title?

Agreed. Noibat evolving with be the highlight of the episode as well as Zapdos.

The only episodes we have available are the Chesnaught and Dragonair episode.

The Chesnaught episode revolves around Clemont and the Dragonair episode revolves around Serena.

Noibat can't evolve in either of those episodes, and make any sense at all.

Besides you forget the episode Froakie evolved, the title was specifically Frogadier vs Barbaracle.

Reactions: !Z!
Here's a new summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Ash and his friends have decided to visit a town where a festival based around the legendary Pokemon Zapdos is being held. But then, intense thunder echoes through. The group hurry into a cave for shelter, where they encounter an injured rescue worker. He's unable to move, so Ash and his friends decide to deliver the medicine he was on his way to a group of children with in his place. But as they exit the cave, they see an angry Zapdos...

Glad we agree.
*Hopes you're actually being sarcastic* :D

Phew, looks like the plot itself can be more dramatic than the summary I guess.

remember Ritchie? If Charizard Y is posibble then rather as a oponent.
Would be cool if old rivals would apper after a long time.

Maybe it a coincidence? or they want to give the birds a chance, Articuno got plenty time on air in Battlefrontier.

That is true, Articuno has had a lot more air time than Zapdos and Moltres...

Last edited:
Here are two new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

eEpE668.jpg
AfjyVC5.jpg

From the first image.

As Ash and his friends continue their journey, they decide to drop by a town. Their reason for doing so is a festival based around the legendary Pokemon Zapdos. However, during the festival, intense thunder echoes through. Ash and his friends quickly take shelter in a nearby cave, where they encounter an injured rescue worker. He's unable to move, so the group decide to deliver medicine in his place, but...

From the second image.

As Ash and his friends continue their journey, decide to drop by a town where a festival based around the legendary Pokemon Zapdos is said to be held. But then, huge bolts of lighting start falling. Ash and his friends quickly take shelter in a nearby cave, where they meet an injured rescue worker. Ash decides to bring medicine to the waiting children in the injured man's place, but as he exits the cave, he sees an angry Zapdos.

First Noibat replaces Goodra and now it's copying Talonflame? Nope. This is just total laziness. And it's still too early to get Noivern.
It's almost as though they're outright trying to have each one of Ash's Kalos Flying types battle one of Kanto's legendary birds. Talonflame and Moltres duking it out was cool, but it's not as clever if you just repeat stuff all the time.
The only thing that can save this episode from being a rehash is if this were Alexa's Noivern instead, but that's highly doubtful...

Last edited:
Everyone is so against Ash's Noibat evolving, but why? Would it be so bad if it did? He still has 4 other pokemon that can fit into the small and maneuverable category, is he doomed to never have a large pokemon again? Will his Noibat have to join Gible and Bulbasaur as another pokemon that could have evolved into a much larger and intimidating pokemon but instead remained small for the sake of being the type of Pokemon that Ash could hold in his arms like a pet?

Personally, I really want Ash to have a Noivern, it's been so long since he had a pokemon that big and intimidating and I'm tired of all of his Pokemon being so small and "cute". But the worst part of it is, Noivern will likely follow in Goodra's footsteps and leave Ash's team, thus leaving us with the small, cute ones again.

Everyone is so against Ash's Noibat evolving, but why? Would it be so bad if it did? He still has 4 other pokemon that can fit into the small and maneuverable category, is he doomed to never have a large pokemon again? Will his Noibat have to join Gible and Bulbasaur as another pokemon that could have evolved into a much larger and intimidating pokemon but instead remained small for the sake of being the type of Pokemon that Ash could hold in his arms like a pet?

Personally, I really want Ash to have a Noivern, it's been so long since he had a pokemon that big and intimidating and I'm tired of all of his Pokemon being so small and "cute". But the worst part of it is, Noivern will likely follow in Goodra's footsteps and leave Ash's team, thus leaving us with the small, cute ones again.
It's not that we don't want Onbat to evolve into Onvern; we just simply think it's been to underdeveloped at this point. Onbat has hardly gained any battle experience outside of wild Pokemon, Rocket-dan, or Flare-dan. It's like asking a Koiking to evolve in its debut.

Secondly, we don't want the same way that Satoshi's Hinoyakoma evolved to be reused again.

Japanese cartoons have a long history of having spoilers be in episode titles...

Well it doesn't mean that Noibat will necessarily be super strong and mature upon evolving, remember that Gligar was pretty immature and weak as a Gliscor which also evolved very recent in terms of its capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom