• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY113: Elle VS Serena! Open the Door to the Future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is real bad..
With Serena's primary goal finished, the only thing they have going is the league, TF conflict, the 8th gym, and possible filler season. ;(

Why must they make it so obvious Serena beat Musavie and Sana? This episode better be worth.
Hm I doubt we'll be getting a filler season. I believe that XY will wrap up and Sun/Moon may start sometime this fall.

Well she could win it all, which would be a nice change of pace :p
And I expect her to get some more episodes after Master Class ends as well

Yeah, it's extremely unlikely, if not impossible, for a filler season at this point. Sun/Moon will come out this year and it will be probably be around November or December, so I don't think that there's really any time for what is considered a filler season to happen. The new series will start up around the time Sun/Moon are released, so I think that they'll just focus on wrapping things up for the Kalos journey instead of having a filler season. Serena will still have at least a couple of episodes focused on her after the Master Class, so I doubt that this is the last focus she'll get in the series.

There is probably about 30 to 36 episodes left in the XY series, if Sun and Moon is expected to come out around November or December. When they say holiday season, it usually means this. 6-9 of these are going to be dedicated to the league and the Pokemon Showcase arc is wrapping up next week.

A filler season is almost out of the question. They'll struggle to fit in some filler episodes if they want to do te plot justice. I see this performance arc finishing, some more TF focus, last gym for a few episodes (maybe including a Pokemon Village filler), the climax of the TF plot, more stuff on Alain and then the league. That would be the general structure.

I'm betting my money Sana would win being somewhat of a Nozomi. 2.0.

I'm betting my money Sana would win being somewhat of a Nozomi. 2.0.
I'll take that bet, as the episode title is "Aria vs Serena"

This is how I see the episode going -

Recap, introduction of the semi-finalists
Titles
Semi-final, the "something" mentioned happens
Commercials
Quick resolution of the "something", Aria vs Serena in the final. Aria narrowly wins (let's give Serena that). Everyone consoles Serena, Palermo gives her a "Told you so, but you still have potential, come and see me when you decide to take this seriously" talking to. Our heroes head off into the sunset while the narrator says something uplifting about Serena never giving up on her dream, DreamDream starts playing.

I'll take that bet, as the episode title is "Aria vs Serena"

This is how I see the episode going -

Recap, introduction of the semi-finalists
Titles
Semi-final, the "something" mentioned happens
Commercials
Quick resolution of the "something", Aria vs Serena in the final. Aria narrowly wins (let's give Serena that). Everyone consoles Serena, Palermo gives her a "Told you so, but you still have potential, come and see me when you decide to take this seriously" talking to. Our heroes head off into the sunset while the narrator says something uplifting about Serena never giving up on her dream, DreamDream starts playing.
Fair point. :|

Serena singing DoriDori during her final performance against Elle sounded so beautiful as well as the Fairy Wind, Fire Blast whirl combo which looked amazing as well. I'm sad that she's going to lose after putting on such a spectacular performance as well.DAMN YOU writers. Her last performance also looks better than all of her other performances I have seen.

Last edited:
I am realllllllllllllly wondering how is the Dub going to handle this because with Serena singing legit, how is Haven Paschall her voice actress going to sing this without coming across as out of place/Awkward. But I'm looking forward to this as everyone else is:)

Why isn't this episode animated by Iwane? Don't the people in charge of Pokémon care about Serena's showcase closure?

Either way, I hope we get to see the most out of Jessie's performance, and I want it to be perfect. I wonder how she will handle her loss, I wonder if she will give up showcases like she gave up contests after Dawn's loss at the GF.

I am realllllllllllllly wondering how is the Dub going to handle this because with Serena singing legit, how is Haven Paschall her voice actress going to sing this without coming across as out of place/Awkward. But I'm looking forward to this as everyone else is:)
They'll just replace the song with some kind of music like they always do. They did the same thing with May and Dawn at their final contests, so it's nothing new with the dub replacing music.

I didn't get the impression from the trailer that she's actually singing it in-verse, so I doubt it will be a problem.
(If I'm wrong, that scene will instantly sky-rocket to no1 position in cringiest ever moments in Pokemon...)

I didn't get the impression from the trailer that she's actually singing it in-verse, so I doubt it will be a problem.
(If I'm wrong, that scene will instantly sky-rocket to no1 position in cringiest ever moments in Pokemon...)
I doubt it will be in-verse singing, but her performance is definitely meant to be a reference to the animation in the DreamDream ending.

View: http://djsockpuppet.tumblr.com/post/141205092382

Good spot. I guess, this is her being her dream-self or sumfink equally deep?

It is both a reference and a way to save money without having to animate anything new.

The part of Serena's performance between 0.22 - 0.27 is very reminiscent of things like the dream performance in the credits sequence for DreamDream, I wonder if it's intentional?

That trip could be what happens at the end of the episode. I really want to see what it is, and I know that Serena will almost win and Palermo will make her disconsolate. Then Aria will make her happy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom