• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY122: Satoshi Gekkouga VS Mega Yukinooh! Unleash the Giant Water Shuriken!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we get to see Mega Abomasnow. Also, Ash hasn't lost any of these trials yet, as he's passed out everytime. I think that this may not be a gym rematch. It could be a battle to help finish off Ash-Greninja perfectly and stop the constant fainting.

Considering how neither the summary nor the real title mention anything about this being a Battle for the Badge (Sorry for the pun), this could be more likely.

Ash lost their initial battle (badly, I might add), this is now definitely an official rematch. Why wouldn't it be?

I just hope Ash smashes Wulfric here. He can almost beat Diantha's Gardevoir and Alain's Charizard, but has trouble against Sceptile and Avalugg. But the previous episode before this one indicates Ash-Greninja becoming pretty in-sync.

Anyone else find it hilarious that the Abomasnow Ash swatted aside is the big obstacle here instead of the Avalugg that no-sold everything his trio of speedsters dished out? This is like Cress's Panpour all over again.

Anyone else find it hilarious that the Abomasnow Ash swatted aside is the big obstacle here instead of the Avalugg that no-sold everything his trio of speedsters dished out? This is like Cress's Panpour all over again.

Either Wulfric was testing Ash before, or it's because it's Mega Evolved now.

Well don't forget, previous titles have had mentioned the battles between two Pokemon, and those battles weren't the focus of the episode. Like XY036, where the title mentioned a battle between a Talonflame and Ash's Hawlucha, but the main battle was really between Ash's Fletchling/Fletchinder and Moria's Talonflame. Or, it is as GurahkWeavile mentioned, Mega Abomasnow could be stronger than Avalugg as a Mega-Abomasnow.

Well don't forget, previous titles have had mentioned the battles between two Pokemon, and those battles weren't the focus of the episode. Like XY036, where the title mentioned a battle between a Talonflame and Ash's Hawlucha, but the main battle was really between Ash's Fletchling/Fletchinder and Moria's Talonflame. Or, it is as GurahkWeavile mentioned, Mega Abomasnow could be stronger than Avalugg as a Mega-Abomasnow.
Or it could be a separate individual Abomasnow entirely, like Lenora's Lillipup and Herdier. That's the scenario I'm betting on since we didn't see any Abomasite or accessory in the last battle.

Or it could be a separate individual Abomasnow entirely, like Lenora's Lillipup and Herdier. That's the scenario I'm betting on since we didn't see any Abomasite or accessory in the last battle.

Unless Wulfric found it while Ash is in the Winding Woods.

Unless Wulfric found it while Ash is in the Winding Woods.
I suppose that's possible. I'll be honest though, after the way Avalugg completely demolished Ash even with Greninja's transformation, I'd rather see him rebound and beat it in the rematch. Mega Abomasnow alone just doesn't sell it for me since it wasn't what he lost to. Know what I mean?

Well, there's also Abomasnow's Snow Warning ability. It took a tole on Ash's Pokemon the whole battle, and he maintains it even after Mega Evolving. That is a major obsticle for Ash to overcome.

Reminds me of how in Roark's Gym that crazy Onix was the highlight of the initial fight but the second time it was Rampardos.

Yeah, this first match against Wulfric reminded me of Roark's gym, that Onix was a beast just like Avalugg.

I think for this match Ash should shake up its mon line up and use Pikachu-Talonflame-Greninja or Hawlucha-Pikachu-Greninja, yeah Pikachu needs another gym win, he hasn't been used since the 5th gym I think.

I'm excited to see Mega Abomasnow. I've hardly seen it anywhere in the games, and it only had a short appearance in the first Mega Evolution specials. It's one of the most underrated (or perhaps underwhelming) Megas, so I'd like to see how the anime gives it a buff.

That Abomasnow went down so easily in the first match, so I'm thrilled knowing that Wulfric's Abomasnow is coming back with a VENGANCE! Ash has that tank of an Avalugg, AND a MEGA to deal with. This is gonna be great, but I'm still disappointed that it seems like this could be yet another 2 V 3. I think that is my only complaint about the XY series gyms. Its the fact that the later gyms have been 2 vs 2.

That Abomasnow went down so easily in the first match, so I'm thrilled knowing that Wulfric's Abomasnow is coming back with a VENGANCE! Ash has that tank of an Avalugg, AND a MEGA to deal with. This is gonna be great, but I'm still disappointed that it seems like this could be yet another 2 V 3. I think that is my only complaint about the XY series gyms. Its the fact that the later gyms have been 2 vs 2.
The first match was actually a 3 v 3, it was just that Avalugg was so strong that it swept Ash's entire team.

Did Wulfric mention it? I know we didn't get the vs screen, which was odd, but I'm sure we'll see in this episode.
The referee stated that the rules of the battle were a 3 v 3 and we didn't get a VS screen most probably because it was to show that Ash wasn't thinking clearly and was only battling Wulfric to prove Shota that he can get the badge as well.

Picture1.png

so bulbapedia used this picture as a thumbnail for xy&z episode 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom