• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY122: Satoshi Gekkouga VS Mega Yukinooh! Unleash the Giant Water Shuriken!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I am psyched for this. But is Ash still gonna feel Greninja's pain or get worn out?

Okay, I am psyched for this. But is Ash still gonna feel Greninja's pain or get worn out?
I think its possible we could get that answer this week in XY 121, though I still think he'll share the pain.

Only one way to find out for sure: Wait until the episode is out.

EDIT: Dephender posted a new summary.
http://i.imgur.com/G415QBO.jpg

Grenina does its absolute best, using "Water Shuriken" as its weapon!

Having interacted with the Pokémon in the forest after getting separated from his friends, Ash has matured a bit further. No longer lost on what to do, Ash faces his battle with fighting strength based on the knowledge and experience he has gained so far on his journey. And while concentrating on the memories made with the Pokémon, Ash summons up everything he has and uses it against his opponent. But as the ultimate opponent, Mega Abomasnow, appears before him, Ash takes it on together with Greninja.

Blurbs:
"Ash goes up against the Ice type Mega Abomasnow using Greninja's speed to his advantage. Its signature move "Water Shuriken" triggers as well!"

"As he goes up against the powerful opponent Mega Abomasnow, Ash and his Pokémon communicate each others' thoughts to one another and turn it into strength. Having deepened his bond with Greninja, Ash brings out its power."

Last edited:
The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Clemont: Yūki Kaji

Bonnie: Mariya Ise

Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Greninja: Yūji Ueda

Talonflame: Kiyotaka Furushima

Hawlucha: Shin'ichirō Miki

Noivern: Kenta Miyake

Dedenne: Megumi Satō

Wulfric: Ryūzaburō Ōtomo

Apprentice: Tsuguo Mogami

Here are two new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Ash once again challenges the Snowbelle Gym! Together with Ash Greninja, he goes up against the powerful opponent Wulfric, whom he lost against last time! If he wins, he'll be able to participate in the Kalos League, but will he win!?

Due to what happened in the forest, Ash has matured a bit further. No longer lost on what to do, he once again attempts a Gym match! His opponent, the Gym Leader Wulfric, sends forth the Mega Abomasnow he didn't use in the previous battle, driving Ash into a corner. How will this fierce battle end...? Will Ash manage to get the badge this time!?

The whole crew are out of their balls just to interfere with our ability to predict who will be being played :-(

(Unless we already know?...)
(ETA: Yes even I already know about Geckouga OK but the other two!...)
(ETA2: Is it even a 3vs3?!...)

Last edited:
The whole crew are out of their balls just to interfere with our ability to predict who will be being played :-(

(Unless we already know?...)
(ETA: Yes even I already know about Geckouga OK but the other two!...)
(ETA2: Is it even a 3vs3?!...)

I assume Noivern will be out for inspiration for Ash before the battle or a celebration after he wins the battle, because then Ash will be able to enter the Kalos League. Unless it's a 4 vs 3, but I kind of hope that's not the case.

It's been a while since last I was a Pokemon Master but, from what I remember of GCSE physics, ice is frozen water and water conducts electricity and Misty's gym was a piece of cake in Pokemon Yellow.
Jus' sayin'.
Pikachu should be in this battle.

Lysandre-Fan said that the referee said in XY 120 that the battle was actually a 3 V 3. Its likely this will be as well, though hopefully they can work it all in cause Mega Abomasnow seems to be the real threat this time, not Wulfric's tank of an Avalugg. I figure they'll spend more time on that battle over Avalugg and POSSIBLY Cryogonal.

I'm still not pleased to see a random Mega Abomasnow be the focus instead of the Avalugg that singlehandedly swept Ash before. It just feels like an unnecessary addition and I'm gonna be more than a little let down by the writers if they give this Chekhov's gun more screentime than it needs solely because of the Mega prefix.

Can you believe we've actually reached the point where we're happy to see Pikachu in a Gym Battle?

Also, I'm pretty sure this is the first time Satoshi has changed his line-up for a Gym Battle rematch since Touki in Hoenn.

I think for this match Ash should shake up its mon line up and use Pikachu-Talonflame-Greninja, yeah Pikachu needs another gym win, he hasn't been used since the 5th gym I think.

Yasss! my prediction came true :D Hawlucha got a win in the first match so Pika deserves to take its slot this time, hopefully Talonflame and Pikachu both get a win, hype 100%, can't wait for next week, Greninja vs Mega Abomasnow looks epic as well. <3

Is Talonflame seriously going to redeem its enbarrassing loss by beating Avalugg?! Hell yes! Also, Pikachu's back!

My only problem at the moment is that I can't see any hail during those scenes with Avalugg. Unless Talonflame's cleared it up with a new Sunny Day, it just feels like Wulfric's ace is being set up to fall much quicker with Abomasnow being saved for last this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom