• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY131: Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
*reads thread comments*
Come on people at this point its pretty obvious that Ash is winning there's no bait here, I can understand WHY people would be sceptical but I thought it was obvious around two-three weeks ago the outcome of the league.
I genuinely hope you're not one of the people to come crying in the review thread accusing the writers of misleading you if Ash loses to Alain.

Optimism is fine, but blind faith is foolish. At least be somewhat aware of the possibility Ash might lose.

I genuinely hope you're not one of the people to come crying in the review thread accusing the writers of misleading you if Ash loses to Alain.

Optimism is fine, but blind faith is foolish. At least be somewhat aware of the possibility Ash might lose.
That right, it's why I'm not keeping my hopes up yet until we know what happens then the battle ends.

Yeah, it can go either way. Who wins would deserve it and I think the other would be ok about losing.

My bets are on Ash winning, but I don't think its guaranteed. I just think they've been building up him winning for a few reasons. I'll be really pissed if he does lose though. Speaking of this, I honestly do not want to see people going "I told you so" if Ash loses.
Don't worry. I am not like that. I be fine with whoever wins. Although my bet is on Alain, I be glad to see Ash win to break the league losing loop.

*Sigh* It seems we still have no summary for this particular episode besides the title and that magazine scan

I'm not sure how I feel, really... I'm not expecting Satoshi to win, at all... This league has brought a rushed pace to a new level (2nd episode and final four already, you kidding me? Satoshi's done better in the 2nd one than he did in 3 leagues), no Orchid or Hanako appearance and no reserves at all. Ok, his team's really good this time (all of his members're fully evolved but Pikachu, we've never got that), but why is this league so f***** rushed? I thought BW's league was rushed, and this one ended up being even worse.

Quality > Quantity

Please, for the love of Arceus, enough with the comparisons to the Best Wishes League. You know deep down that the Kalos League will be light-years better than what the Unova League offered at the end of the day.

So obviously there's going to be almost no spoilery hints about who wins here before the episode actually airs. I certainly hope Ash wins... and I'm glad it's Alain that he's battling and not some random last minute trollbias.

You know deep down that the Kalos League will be light-years better than what the Unova League offered at the end of the day.
LOL

How about you let people speak their own opinions rather than pretending to know what their deepest thoughts are?

I mean, you know deep down that what you just said was so stupid.

LOL

How about you let people speak their own opinions rather than pretending to know what their deepest thoughts are?

I mean, you know deep down that what you just said was so stupid.
Relax there, champ. It's not like I'm holding a gun to their heads or something. Everyone is allowed to their opinions like you said.

I was just stating that when all of us look back at these two Leagues; most of us will know which one was better at the end of the day.

Of course there will be people who will think the Unova League was better(for whatever ridiculous reasons). I'm not going to force them to believe otherwise.

*reads thread comments*
Come on people at this point its pretty obvious that Ash is winning there's no bait here, I can understand WHY people would be skeptical but I thought it was obvious around two-three weeks ago the outcome of the league.

For the longest time I thought Ash's success in Kalos was certain myself, right up until Alain earned qualifying Badges within a handful of episodes to compete in League. And we learn this like two weeks before opening day, when he's been on the show since the very beginning? Something about that is wrong to me. If not simply sloppy. And it set off an alarm in my mind...It's almost like every other character who appears before Ash near the tail end of the journey, just to become his final League opponent.

Now we have an episode title that [possibly] spoilers the League's conclusion? And Ash 'finally winning' after this long a time? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd imagine something like that would be kept more vague. The cynic in me is saying its purely for generating excitement. And it wouldn't be the first time.

I still think he could win, but I'm seeing red flags :s

Last edited:
OK , I was thinking about this the whole day and I think ash isn't actually going to win. If something like this was going to happen, they wouldn't have leaked this much or maybe the kalos league is actually a subplot.

OK , I was thinking about this the whole day and I think ash isn't actually going to win. If something like this was going to happen, they wouldn't have leaked this much or maybe the kalos league is actually a subplot.
Hey everyone has his/her opinion, we must learn accept that, like I accept Keshav's opinion, but I think he will win, but I understand Keshav's opninion.

What do you mean with fishy?

I don't remember the "normal" location still being under construction. I remember the Lumiose Conference stadium still being under construction when the location was announced.
Perhaps I misread but the conference is not normally held there, which begs the question... why would the location change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom