• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY131: Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain to ignorant old me what these rumours are about there being no gyms in S&M?

Or it might be from ash winning a league which is highly speculative and I'm not allowed to speculate here for some reason...

It might be due to the island trials and that you'll have to battle a leader on a island to win a badge of some sort? I think.
Honestly, they'd still be gyms in every sense of the word even if the games never call them as such. It reminds me too much of the untrue Dark/Fighting/Psychic starter rumors of Gen IV anyway.

I'd say we might be getting a little off topic...

Or it might be from ash winning a league which is highly speculative and I'm not allowed to speculate here for some reason...
No one said you can't speculate.

Anyway, this battle is going to be the best in my opinion. Ash's potential to win this league is high but not 100%. However, I don't see why he has to lose apart from the old status quo reason.

Each time writers gave Ash win something (Orange League, Battle Frontier) they gave us cold shower with Gary beating Ash each time after that. I wonder if Ash wins Kalos league or even becomes Champion will he once again lose to Gary..

For all we know, as the battle is reaching it's end and the winner will be decided, the entire stadium shakes as team Flare attacks Luminous City leaving everyone shaken up and confused. During the confusion, Alain and Malva runs off to join team Flare in the attacks. This would happen at the very end of the episode.
This. I'm pretty sure this is what's going to happen, and it honestly makes it very difficult to get excited about this "greatest decisive battle."

Regardless of who actually wins I think it would be better if Ash lost. It would be weird to see him lose to anyone who was not an Elite 4 member or Champion if he was a Pokemon Master. It would feel to awkward if he was the one getting taught when he should be teaching after that. This is assuming the anime follows tradition and he still wants to compete in an Alola league after that. If there's no league in Alola then I guess, surprise me.
How long do you think Ash is going to lose? No other character in all anime series have lost almost all major tournaments except maybe pathetic protagonist from Baby Steps who reminds Shota.

Each time writers gave Ash win something (Orange League, Battle Frontier) they gave us cold shower with Gary beating Ash each time after that. I wonder if Ash wins Kalos league or even becomes Champion will he once again lose to Gary..
This would be amazing and a top reason for him to win.

As long as Ash doesn't lose here against Alan's Mega Charizard only to beat him later, to save Zygard on Team Flare arc, I'm cool.

Here are some new summaries for the episode, courtesy of Dephender. There is also a new image of the episode.

dtuU80G.png

From the image.

Ash and Alain's fierce battle finally concludes!! But those guys from Team Flare have been doing something fishy behind the scenes!?

Ash's Greninja and Alain's Mega Charizard fight! But which of them will win and dominate the Kalos League!?

I think the way the summary says "But which will win and dominate the Kalos League" at least implies that Ash will take down the rest of Alain's Pokemon, leaving the main focus as Ash-Greninja vs. the OP Mega Charizard X. The way the summary mentions Team Flare makes me very suspicious though. Will they crash the battle? Will they interrupt the trophy ceremony? Who knows.

I think the mention of Team Flare could just be the magazine talking about Team Flare's preparations for an attack after the league, because I still think it would be kind of strange for them to interrupt the battle. Plus, don't forget that one of the latest summaries implies that either Ash's Greninja or Alain's Charizard will be the winner.

While Alain winning or the battle getting interrupted would be lame, I have to wonder why the writers would make Ash win a league after nearly 20 years only for the following episode to immediately deviate from that accomplishment. They haven't foreshadowed an Elite Four challenge at all, unlike in DP.

If the last pokemons are going to be ash greninja and mega charizard, then surely ash will win this time as greninja's power has become 3x since b the last time the 2 battled. But who knows what is going to happen.
The hype is real!

While Alain winning or the battle getting interrupted would be lame, I have to wonder why the writers would make Ash win a league after nearly 20 years only for the following episode to immediately deviate from that accomplishment. They haven't foreshadowed an Elite Four challenge at all, unlike in DP.
Watch them set the Champion League in Alola and Ash learns about it after the Flare chaos.

Especially if the 'no gyms' rumor is true.

Whatever happens, I don't know what the writers were thinking by making Alain so invincible against all the gym leaders and other league challengers. He's only used Metagross and Charizard until now, and yet Ash will make him use all his Pokemon (before he even sends out Greninja)? We know that Ash isn't that stronger than everyone else in Kalos.

Maybe Alain is giving Ash an easier time by not bringing out his aces first.

Especially if the 'no gyms' rumor is true.
I no longer see that being the case after the recent Masuda interview.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom