• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY139: Farewell Satoshi Gekkouga! Xerosicy's Counterattack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't look that way. If it were to come back then it should go to Oak's lab. If it gets released, then it is unlikely to ever come back. Just another fully evolved pokemon released. Shouldn't have caught it if he is going to release it.

Greninja is actually free now, while ash's other pokemon are rotting in Oak's lab.

It doesn't look that way. If it were to come back then it should go to Oak's lab. If it gets released, then it is unlikely to ever come back. Just another fully evolved pokemon released. Shouldn't have caught it if he is going to release it.
I don't agree with this. Ash and Greninja developed a lot together so not having that relationship at all is worse than this supposed separation, in my opinion. Ash leaves so many Pokémon with Oak, it is much more interesting, and emotional, to see Greninja leave like this. Personally, while heartbreaking, I'd much rather see Greninja remain in Kalos for its own purpose instead of staying cooped up in Kanto with the rest of Ash's Pokémon.

It's a shame that Oha Suta had to reveal that specific shot. I would have much rather experienced it live since it does seem to strongly suggest Greninja leaving Ash.

It could be Ash and Greninja looking at their past at what they had done together.

Though I guess it would be a better idea to show the fans of their accomplishments, instead of showing one of the most backlashes scenes again... It would be like salt in the wounds. And they would put shots of Ash and Z Greninja together, instead of only Ash-Greninja. For eg. Winding woods episodes, Frogadier evolution etc.

But let's wait until we get some sort of confirmation. For all we know, it could be an aspiring animator trying out their skills.

I really wanted Greninja to beat the zard atleast once, it's a shame that he has battled it thrice and he pushed it to its limits the second time but couldn't do much on his third try, He lost all the 3 battles....
We haven't seen many battles of greninja in his perfect form, I really wanted to see more and wanted to see that shuriken again.

What im wondering about is how the water shurriken overpower diantha's gardevoir's shadow ball but the giant water shurriken couldn't overpower zard's blast burn ._.

Maybe i am just grasping for straws, but, what if that warm little scene was not a goodbye moment, but instead just a regular moment that only served to remind us how close Ash and Greninja are? Like, say, after they defeated Xerostic, they share that little scene as an emotion reinforcement of the fact that they did it with the power that they access and share as a team. Just had to say that, please respond to it.

Maybe i am just grasping for straws, but, what if that warm little scene was not a goodbye moment, but instead just a regular moment that only served to remind us how close Ash and Greninja are? Like, say, after they defeated Xerosic, they share that little scene as an emotion reinforcement of the fact that they did it with the power that they access and share as a team. Just had to say that, please respond to it.
Well, nothing that we know about the episode so far rules out that possibility. We'll have to wait for more info before we can be certain.

I don't agree with this. Ash and Greninja developed a lot together so not having that relationship at all is worse than this supposed separation, in my opinion. Ash leaves so many Pokémon with Oak, it is much more interesting, and emotional, to see Greninja leave like this. Personally, while heartbreaking, I'd much rather see Greninja remain in Kalos for its own purpose instead of staying cooped up in Kanto with the rest of Ash's Pokémon.

It's a shame that Oha Suta had to reveal that specific shot. I would have much rather experienced it live since it does seem to strongly suggest Greninja leaving Ash.
I disagree. It is not more interesting and emotional, it is just poor handling and writing on the writers part in my opinion. It was his only fully evolved water starter and they are going to ditch it?! It is like the writers are saying "Here you go fans...Ash gets a fully evolved starter!" and then says "sorry but we decide to release it since Ash doesn't need a fully evolved water starter!"

Greninja has no purpose in Kalos. I was fuming when they decided to release Ash's first fully evolved pseudo-legendary. Goodra had about five episodes and they decided to drop it like that for no reason. Why give Ash powerhouses if they going to get rid off? They have just wasted the whole series with Greninja now that they are ditching it. It's release had made the whole thing a complete and utter waste in my opinion.

Greninja has no purpose in Kalos. I was fuming when they decided to release Ash's first fully evolved pseudo-legendary. Goodra had about five episodes and they decided to drop it like that for no reason. Why give Ash powerhouses if they going to get rid off? They have just wasted the whole series with Greninja now that they are ditching it. It's release had made the whole thing a complete and utter waste in my opinion.
they don't want the next generation be non sense/easy sweep. Why make pikachu overpowered then get rid of its power when a new gen starts?

they don't want the next generation be non sense/easy sweep. Why make pikachu overpowered then get rid of its power when a new gen starts?
Greninja just need to be place at Oak's lab. There was no need for a release. As for Pikachu, it has been known to be reset often in the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom