• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Yoshinori Ono anouces Street Fighter X Tekken and Street fighter 3 3rd strike online

Status
Not open for further replies.

h1tm0nl33

The Fighting Gamer
Reaction score
Story from: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jul/24/ono-announcements-comic-con-2010/

Capcom's Yoshinori Ono announced Street Fighter vs. Tekken — a 2 vs. 2 crossover game with 2D gameplay — and showed a trailer for the title.

Street Fighter vs. Tekken will be available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The two teams behind the project started talking about making a game like this a year ago.

Also, Namco will be developing Tekken vs. Street Fighter, a different game with Namco developers heading the project.

Ono also said that an online version of Street Fighter 3 Third Strike will be released. It's not coming in the immediate future, they said they're going to take their time and do it right — but it will happen.

• Ono said the blank character slots for SSF4 arcade won't be revealed until the Tokyo Game Show in September.

• New alternative costumes in the works for Super Street Fighter 4. Available in the fall, based on past designs. Everyone gets a new costume.

• Capcom will have official tournaments called Capcom Cup competitions utilizing Tournament Mode. This was talked about back when they did tournament mode, but it's nice to see it come to fruition. Started in Japan yesterday, but will happen in all regions soon.

More details coming very soon...

and here a 3rd person veiw of the Street Fighter Cross Tekken Trailer I'll update it later
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-EBx-MFNw

Last edited:
Re: Yoshihiro Ono anouces Street Fighter X Tekken and Street fighter 3 3rd strike onl

Street Fighter x Tekken sounds pretty boring right now, though admittedly the gameplay in the trailer does look nice.

But I'm all for SF3 online, especially since I just started playing it again.

Re: Yoshihiro Ono anouces Street Fighter X Tekken and Street fighter 3 3rd strike onl

There was already a SF3 online for the original xbox, but it was shutdown when Live was.
Also, there is a Tekken X Street Fighter in development by Namco Bandai, which will probably play more like Tekken.

I sincerely hope they rework the game to look completely different from what we've seen so far. It's an early build, but it just seems to look too much like Street Fighter IV with Tekken characters added. The assist mechanics and wall bounces are promising though.

3rd Strike online? I guess this is to please the 3rd Strike community who are basically SOL at Evo since the new games in production are bound to take priority over the classics now.

bad news everyone or good news depending on you're viewpoint but Street Fighter X Tekken is not coming out for another 2 years and Tekken X Street Fighter might not come out until 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom