• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You know what'd be neat thread

Exactly. They need a place for resurrecting fossils, which was not destroyed by a volcano.

Speaking of which, it'd be neat if there was a good place to actually find some fossils. Cinnabar Volcano would actually work well for finding some. Or maybe in a cave somewhere like how they were in Mt. Moon.

Speaking of which, it'd be neat if there was a good place to actually find some fossils. Cinnabar Volcano would actually work well for finding some. Or maybe in a cave somewhere like how they were in Mt. Moon.

OMG. I accidentally dropped the word "would" and it sounded like I actually was sure about Fossils being included in HG/SS. Actually, I'm not. I don't really think that Fossils will be included in HG/SS, as we're able to get them all in DPPt. But I DO see their inclusion as a possibility.

And I rethought the case of Cinnabar Volcano cave. If it's going to utilize Groudon (and be completely dedicated to it), then it would have to be version-exclusive (only in SS). And, in turn, that means that the cave couldn't be too... "major". Just a simple dungeon you must get through to battle and catch Groudon. And then, you don't have really much to do there.

Unless, they settle it differently - Groudon would be catchable in just a little chamber of the cave. This chamber would be available only in SS, but the rest of cave would be available in both version, with all its elements. Same would go for Kyogre cave somewhere else (I just have no idea where would that be since Seafoam is occupied).

I think it'd be neat if Pewter Museum of Science was back.

Why? Everyone is bitching about big things in Kanto - like Safari Zone, Mewtwo's Dungeon, Cinnabar, simple dungeons and general lack of challenge. But no one even says anything about Pewter Museum. And honestly, I think that the possible inclusion of Pewter Museum is way more interesting. Why? Because it'll actually show what are Game Freak's reason between changes and retcons in HG/SS. If they bring back the things that everyone is whining about but leave out things like Pewter Museum or Lavender Radio Tower, it'll mean that the changes are merely fanservice which is supposed to increase the game's selling. But if they include Pewter Museum and such unimportant stuff, it'll mean that they are really trying to make the game better, more detailed and that they're trying to advance the game world.

In other words, who cares if Safari Zone or another useless cave which wasn't there in GSC is brought back. Details like Pewter Museum of Science will show HG/SS true colors.

I know what your saying - and kinda agree, that id much rather the games include an awesome world that the designers designed - rahter than the fans. But if there was limited space i would much rather see locations that i really enjoyed in RBY like safari zone, lavendar radio tower and seafoam island (as well as a new, accesible cinnabar volcano) over buildings like the Pewter Museum which i always intentionally avoided (who wants to pay to go in a building :p). But im more than happy to have a reduced Mount Moon - it always irritated me how long and (forgive me) boring (in a repeditive sense) it was.

And I rethought the case of Cinnabar Volcano cave. If it's going to utilize Groudon (and be completely dedicated to it), then it would have to be version-exclusive (only in SS). And, in turn, that means that the cave couldn't be too... "major". Just a simple dungeon you must get through to battle and catch Groudon. And then, you don't have really much to do there.

Unless, they settle it differently - Groudon would be catchable in just a little chamber of the cave. This chamber would be available only in SS, but the rest of cave would be available in both version, with all its elements. Same would go for Kyogre cave somewhere else (I just have no idea where would that be since Seafoam is occupied).

Im fairly sure that it was announced that G&K are roaming pokemon.

Ah. True. I forgot.

So, just a cave inside a volcano, with strong fire and rock Pokemon in it, which might or might not use to be a home for Groudon.

Sounds plausible, I believe...

I know what your saying - and kinda agree, that id much rather the games include an awesome world that the designers designed - rahter than the fans. But if there was limited space i would much rather see locations that i really enjoyed in RBY like safari zone, lavendar radio tower and seafoam island (as well as a new, accesible cinnabar volcano) over buildings like the Pewter Museum which i always intentionally avoided (who wants to pay to go in a building :p). But im more than happy to have a reduced Mount Moon - it always irritated me how long and (forgive me) boring (in a repeditive sense) it was.

I actually agree with you on Mt. Moon. The original RBGY Mt. Moon was just another cave, something we had plenty of. There were plenty of caves back then. When GSC changed Mt. Moon to a small passageway and Mt. Moon Square, it actually felt unique and different from all the other caves.

I think they said that Groudon/Kyogre moved around, but that doesn't mean that they're wandering pokemon like Entei or Raikou. I think they'll still have the marine/terra caves or something similar.

This is getting off-topic though.

It'd be neat if Kanto had that white Shaymin rock.

It'd be neat if Kanto had that white Shaymin rock.

I REALLY hope it does have that rock - but what would be its purpose. A path to another Shaymin or a path to a place to obatain a Gracadia Flower? After all isnt it non tradable?

I REALLY hope it does have that rock - but what would be its purpose. A path to another Shaymin or a path to a place to obatain a Gracadia Flower? After all isnt it non tradable?

It'd be neat just to have it as a little cameo. Though getting the Gracidia Flower from it would work too. I doubt they'd have Shaymin accessible from it though, there are lots of legendaries in HGSS already.

I'm pretty sure that Groudon and Kyogre roaming was just a rumor.

It'd be neat if your room was customizable to the same level of secret bases, or else if you could decorate a secret base on top of your room. Like I said somewhere else, one would be a home, one would be more like a gym.

Being able to surf from Olivine to Goldenrod. Then again, I guess it's always easier just to go to Cianwood and pick up Fly.

Putting Larvitar in the game at an earlier cave (actually putting all 2nd gen Pokemon in Johto; WTF@Houndour at Route 6).

So, just a cave inside a volcano, with strong fire and rock Pokemon in it, which might or might not use to be a home for Groudon.

How about Heatran?

It would be really neat to have more customization options. Such as being able to give your character different clothes, hats, sort of like Battle Revolution. (By the way, Im talking about DS pokemon games) or as like Martonimos said, being able to decorate your room the same as your secret base.

It would be really neat to have more customization options. Such as being able to give your character different clothes, hats, sort of like Battle Revolution. (By the way, Im talking about DS pokemon games) or as like Martonimos said, being able to decorate your room the same as your secret base.

That could work, just as long as it didn't focus too much on that aspect. Some hairstyles and a few choices of wardrobe would be nice. It'd even give Mom something else to buy with your money.

I want water eggs.

I want to give Gyarados a STAB Flying attack other then Bounce. I'll take Aerial Ace at this point.

It would be neat if you had an NPC that could change pokeballs. What I mean is say I hatch a Horsea, it comes in a plain old pokeball, but for esstetics I want my future king of the sea to come flying out of a dive ball whenever I call him out. I would take him to the NPC and have the Dive Ball in my pack. The NPC transfers the pokemon to the new ball and the old one is discarded (so you can't use a Master Ball over and over). If not in HG/SS, then maybe in PKMN5.
I really like this idea. But people being able to catch 'whatever' with their Masterball and then just changing it back to a normal Pokeball, therefore gaining back their Masterball and all that will affect gameplay too much. Leaving holes in the idea.

It would be neat if you can place 'training' equipment in your decorative secret base and leave a Pokemon behind in there. By being in there, the Pokemon will train and level up just like in a Daycare, change being that different stats get trained (like EV training) by different types of furniture and decorations. When you change base, the Pokemon will be sent to the PC.

It would also be neat if you could -just like mentioned by CLASSIFIED- customize your character a bit. Doesn't have to be much; and I have no solution to the trainer sprites. But the idea itself is likable and it would've be neat if they put in that option.

What I would personally really find neat is the ability to level up yourself. The system will be different, but you being able to level up as a trainer would be cool. Leaving more benefits for catching Pokemon and/or participating in certain events as you rise in level yourself.

I really like this idea. But people being able to catch 'whatever' with their Masterball and then just changing it back to a normal Pokeball, therefore gaining back their Masterball and all that will affect gameplay too much. Leaving holes in the idea.

Well like he said, the old ball would be discarded. You'd effectively use up a ball to change the appearance of your Pokemon. Inefficient, but like he said, it's for aesthetic purposes.

Maybe he does give you the ball back, but if your Pokémon's in the Master Ball he's careless when getting the Pokémon out of the Master Ball and it breaks, acting like a simple Ultra Ball?

Baby Pokémon having their own eggs would be cool.

How about like a Spinder effect? Every now and then (say, as rare as shinys?) you find a Pokémon with markings or something on it.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom