• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You Know You're a Big Pokémon Fan When...

When you refer to an annoying person as being like, "A Spritomb with Wonderguard."

- You dress like a pokemon professor on occassion for fun (Guilty)
- You run into the street to rescue a copy of Pokemon someone has discarded from being run over (Guilty)
- You have occassionally posed the question to your friends if any character from pokemon would win in a fight against a character from Guilty Gear (Guilty)
- You helped create a pokemon tabletop RPG game (Very guilty)
- You have learned to walk anywhere in your hometown without vision so you never have to look away from the screen. (Guilty)
- You canceled a business meeting so you and your employees could go to a pokemon event at toys 'r' us. (Guilty, I own an otaku culture magazine... so technically going to a PKMN event is still work)
- Part of your job includes pokemon... (Extremely Guilty)

Last edited:
-You refer to series like Bakugan and Digimon as "satanic" XP
-You go to an event. Only to find out it ended yesterday. You start crying in the middle of the store.
-You call your Mother, "Delia"

68. The type chart has become so wired into your head that somehow it just "feels right", even in real life, that birds are weak to electricity, dragons are weak to ice and plants are weak to birds.
69. The type chart has become so wired into your head that even though you don't actually remember what the weaknesses of type A are, you can imagine attacking type A with each of the types in turn and immediately know the answer.
70. You look back every time you see any word containing a P and a K.
71. The first thing you think of when you hear certain words is a Pokémon named after that word or similar (e.g. "eradicate", "pigeon", "blaze", "deoxyribonucleic acid", "butterfly", "quasar", "cinder", "quill", "far-fetched").

GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY! *Has a mental breakdown*

Lol. It's true, it's helped me in a few weird situations of Biology. I'll forget something really simple, remember the types of Pokemon, and remember it. xD

When you plan to go to an anime convention in December in an Ash costume made by thrift store items. (guilty)

You started a band that plays songs inspired by Pokemon. GUILTY AND UNASHAMED.
My favorite song I play is Scyther's Lament. "This is the curse of a lover born a fighter. Tell me what it's like to hold a girl in your arms."

1. When you don't have any room in your bed or room anymore because of the amount of Pokemon plushies in your room. (Well, not exactly guilty, but i'm running a little short on room in my bed because of my oversized Latias plushie.)
2. When you try to imitate Pokemon moves when you're fighting. (Guilty. I once tried to Focus Punch a guy who stole my crisps.)

Last edited:
* When you force all your friends to do something pokemon related
* You wonder how Pokemon breed
* You threw pokeballs at random animals, and if it doesn't catch it. You remind yourself that you have to weaken it first
* You weaken animals by using your pets 'leer' and 'growl' attacks.
* If your pet isn't there with you, you curse yourself for not bringing an ultraball, and then go charging with a stick (They run away)
* You took a leek and twirled it
* You place that small eevee figurine on a small pillow next to your pillow
* You like spoons o.o
* When your dog starts to whine. You tell it to growl instead
* You constantly get blackmailed by friends because of pokemon
Guilty..very

You go on WI-FI, and >50% of your battles end with a Light-worthy plan that garrented your victory by round 2.

1. You think that Pokemon would be better PCs in New Super Mario Bros. Wii
2. You nickname your favorite sports teams after a Pokemon.
3. You auto-fave/friend/subscribe ANYONE having ANYTHING Pokemon-related on a social networking site(Youtube/Facebook/MySpace/Twitter)
4. You like the Cresselia/Darkrai rivalry over the Peyton Manning/Tom Brady rivalry

When you have so much Pokémon plushies in your room there's no more room for anything else.
When you draw Pokémon while you should be paying attention in class.

When you spend hours trying to write a decent five thousand word fanfiction just to have a chance at getting the newest game for free. Me? No, I'm not guilty at all.

Lol when you can close your eyes, max the volume and tell what wild pokemon it is from its cry lol (guilty) :p

I can do that with most pokemon. xD

When you continue to play the games, when you should be doing your homework / chores.

When you have Bulbapedia, Smogon and Bulbagarden forums as Bookmarks on your browser (Guilty for years).

When you have two Handhelds so you can complete the Pokedex and get traded pokemon yourself. (Guilty)

When your mum accidnetaly throws away your Diamond cartridge you make her buy you a new one Guilty!
(and dont ask)

When you get every single pokemon game, and you never part with them (and you even sleep with them).

...In HIGH SCHOOL, you still defend pokemon, while others decide to rip on it. Oh well... Thanks

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom