• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You Know You're a Big Pokémon Fan When...

You stay up until 1:30am on Monday morning, watching Pokémon Sunday and reporting news for a Pokémon fansite. (Guilty).
When a Wi-Fi Event starts, you go into town the day it starts to download it because you don't have Wi-Fi (Guilty).

... When asked what kind of animal ears you would wear, you blurt out Eevee to a group of non-pokemon fans

... When you spend all night planning a stratergy to defeat the Battle Frontier.

... When you wear your PokeWalker to work and try to pass it off as a normal pedometer.

... When you place a plushie Darkrai next to your lazy sibling who is napping at 3PM hoping it will give them a nightmare.

... When you find yourself in a dilemma over which plushie you want to sleep with tonight ... then deciding to screw the rules and dump the whole lot on your bed.

...when you refer to a gym leader as if it's some guy you are going to get into a fist fight with later.

save the bag from the 10th anniversary event that they gave out

have the rare pikachu nintendo64

get the original pokemon games on the 64 then get them at the virtual shop channel on the wii

When you (Guilty of all):

-Treat your Pokémon with care, love, and respect
-when your dream is represented by your fanfiction (2AS1)
-When you make trainer sprites and VS sprites for the human forms of your Pokémon (click 2AS1 stuff in my sig)
-When you make a bookmark on Firefox named é so you have easy acces to it. The unexisting location? None other than the nickname of my Porygon-Z, http://474.
-When you sleep with your PokéWalker below a pillow next to you
-When you have a weekly schedule for your Pokémon that go on your PokéWalker (order in my sig starting at Monday, nobody on Sunday)
-When you make ages for the human forms of your Pokémon (from youngest to oldest: Tommy-11 Fergie-12 Charlie-13 Paulina-14 Drake-15 Megan-16)
-When you have Bulbapedia, BMGF, Bulbanews, VS sprite category in Bulba Archives, and trozei category in Bulba Archives on your bookmarks.
-When you have beaten Endless levels 1-89 on Pokémon Trozei
-When you have every Pokémon except Celebi on Platinum.
-When you make the following Pokémon out of Legos:
Ampharos
Umbreon
Giratina*
Darkrai*
Tropius
Cyndaquil
Lugia head (mosaic)
Meganium (Mosaic, walking sprite)
Latios (micro)*
Latias (micro)*
MissingNo.
-When you know how to build the * marked Pokémon by heart
-When you post detailed instructions for building Darkrai on BMGF (check it out, "Lego Darkrai" album on my profile)
-When you immediately run like a ninja to get your wallet when you found a used Pokémon Trozei for sale at only 10 bucks. And I'm lovin' it!

Phew. More to come.

- You talk into your DS to 'encourage' your pokemon in battle.
- There's 13 pokemon forums bookmarked on your computer.
- You once had an engaging time trying to teach preschoolers about pokemon.
- You scream in happiness after beating a tough gym leader/ trainer.
- Mope about not being able to connect to the GTS.
- Doodle on your Poketech app for lawls.
- Wish on a star for pokemon to suddenly be existant.
- Bring your DS to school to own everyone with your level 100 charizard.
- Draw your own comic series about pokemon.
- Write a fanfiction about your pokemon.
- Pair random pokemon together in the daycare and wait for eggs.
- Raise two ditto in the daycare and hope for a ditto egg.
- Post long lists about how you know you're a huge pokemon fan.
- Read pokemon stories every night.
- Feel sentimental about some of your pokemon.
- Obsess about EVs and IVs.
- Spend half the night hunting for shinies.
- Memorize all the pokemon.
- Laugh when someone accidently says something that relates to pokemon.
- Own the manga.
- Own countless plushies.
- Follow all the latest news on pokemon Black and White.
- Argue in chat rooms about which pokemon is the cutest.
- Can't stop making lists about pokemon.

When you...
-Make pokemon noises such as Jigglypuff's song
-Like hearing Pokemon sounds when looking up a Pokemon's summary
-Get Bidoof's sound stuck in your head XD
-Bring your Nintendo DS to school to play
-Bring your Pokewalker to school to get more steps
-Read Pokemon manga
-Got SAD when Pokemon Special/Adventures got licensed
-Draw Pokemon
-Join BGMF and Global PokedeX Plus
-Watch Pokemon videos
-Get obsessed with some Pokemon shippings
-Eventually get your younger brother obsessed with Pokemon like you are
-Play with Pokemon plushies when you're too old to play with stuffed animals
-Play Pokemon for hours
-Look up Pokemon art
-Get slightly annoyed when people or oneself misspells Pokemon names
-Actually once attempted to complete the Pokedex in Ruby
-Know 'the Pokemon's evolving!' song
-Once try to make a Pokemon family in the games
-Sometimes make Pokemon move references
-Try to predict what will happen next in the pokemon anime

You know it when...
...you collect colored stones in the park and throw them at dogs, just to see if they will evolve to wolves.
...you watch all Pokemon movies, sequels, episodes, banned episodes, special episodes, underrated episodes, pilot episodes, epilogues, commercials, and even Pokemon-fan retard videos from Youtube.
...you draw imaginative Pokemon characters that does not even exist, and collect them even though they are already considered "trash"
...you imitate Pokemon sounds, even though you sound WAY too much like a deactivated robot, like Pikachu, "Pika, Pika" Bulbasaur, "Babashow" or even Pachirisu, "Chpchpchpppa!!!!"
...you want to be a character in Pokemon episodes, like a rival, sidekick, professor, trainer, Team Rocket member, or even a Pokemon. Yes, a Pokemon.
...you collect Pokemon posters, books, magazines, Mangas, figurines, dolls, shirts, cushions, pillows, aquariums, toilets, cookie jars, plungers, light bulbs, tissue papers, mousepads, yo-yos, or even nailcutters.
...you act as a Pokemon trainer when nobody sees you. "That's the spirit!"
...you enjoy posting messages in these forums.
...lastly... if you enjoy reading this message.

-Start doing your own pokerap of every Pokemon when you see their images (I got all of the Plat or Diamond or whatever version 493 sprites of Pokemon in Paint), Arcanine, Budew, Mew, Lilep, Houndour, Spinarak... Tyranitar!:p
- Keep the wrappers from your Pokemon cards and those boxes they come in
- When you try to imitate a Pokemon

OK, this is going to be a long one ...

-when you have your Pikachu plushie on a prominent place in your room, even though you're almost 17
-when you think of getting your Poliwhirl plushie from the attic and putting it next to said Pikachu
-when you have a whole bag full of plastic Pokéballs that contain small Pokémon figurines from when you were a kid
-when you take the bag and pretend you're going on a Pokémon journey at the age of 10
-when you go in the forest and actually look for Pokémon after that
-when you and your best friend dress up as Ash and Brock for the Carnival
-when you still watch the anime
-when you buy a new DS mainly because of Pokémon Black and White
-when the first Internet sites you visit every day are Bulbanews, Bulbapedia and Bulbagarden forums
-when you join Bulbagarden forums and go by the username Ash93 XD
-when you post in the forums every single day and really enjoy spending your time there
-when after 3 weeks you already like people on the forums better than your classmates
-when you secretly wish Pokémon would suddenly become real
-when you actually make that wish upon a shooting star
-when you imagine what kind of Pokémon your family, friends and yourself would have in real life
-when you imagine going on a Pokémon journey with your two best friends
-when you draw and take notes of the last two statements
-when you think what kind of Pokémon gyms would your country have
-when you talk to your Pokémon and encourage them while playing the games
-when you are excited after a great battle
-when you think of strategies for Gym Leaders and Pokémon league in the games
-when you decide to get the 4 missing stickers for your first Pokémon album after 10 years
-when you have all the episodes of the anime that ever aired in your country on videotapes
-when one of the main focuses in your life is Pokémon and the upcoming generation

Guilty of all of these, and there are actually more. But my mom is calling me to lunch, so I have to stop XD

have the rare pikachu nintendo64

I got one better.

Going to so much trouble in importing a Japanese Pikachu Nintendo 64 and buying the very 1st Japanese stadium that never got outside japan which doesn't accept even half the Pokemon from your japanese green version for battling due to it being not 100% complete model wise (there's only a small selection of rentals aswell) and knowing all this while buying because you want it as part of your collection.

I actually did this just so I can say I have all 3 stadiums finally but the true first game is rediculously limited compared to the 2 that did make it out.XD

Also just to add on top of that.
Buy Pokemon games just because they're dissappearing. Did that back when the 3rd gen games were being pulled off shelf here and to makes matters worse I already had the games so I ended up buying a spare Emerald and a spare sapphire.o_O

Naming your animal crossing town after Pokemon.

Naming toon link in windwaker after Ash from the anime.

I'm actually kind of guilty on those things.^-^;;;;;;

Last edited:
- When you sit down at ten in the morning to play "just a little while", then look up at the clock and realize that it's 5.30 PM.
- When you spend all day writing a combination of posts to Role Plays and a URPG capture story.
- When you own some form of 13 of the 16 games in the main portable series that have English translations.
- When you have a notepad devoted to sketches and doodles of trainers you created yourself.
- When you reply to a list like this.

Guilty of all.

When you have over 100 splices
When you have a drawer dedicated to them
Have almost every single game

...You not only collect the plushies and figurines, you also create backstories for each one.

You know it when...
...you collect colored stones in the park and throw them at dogs, just to see if they will evolve to wolves.
...you watch all Pokemon movies, sequels, episodes, banned episodes, special episodes, underrated episodes, pilot episodes, epilogues, commercials, and even Pokemon-fan retard videos from Youtube.
...you draw imaginative Pokemon characters that does not even exist, and collect them even though they are already considered "trash"
...you imitate Pokemon sounds, even though you sound WAY too much like a deactivated robot, like Pikachu, "Pika, Pika" Bulbasaur, "Babashow" or even Pachirisu, "Chpchpchpppa!!!!"
...you want to be a character in Pokemon episodes, like a rival, sidekick, professor, trainer, Team Rocket member, or even a Pokemon. Yes, a Pokemon.
...you collect Pokemon posters, books, magazines, Mangas, figurines, dolls, shirts, cushions, pillows, aquariums, toilets, cookie jars, plungers, light bulbs, tissue papers, mousepads, yo-yos, or even nailcutters.
...you act as a Pokemon trainer when nobody sees you. "That's the spirit!"
...you enjoy posting messages in these forums.
...lastly... if you enjoy reading this message.

I always throw stones at dogs and see if they will evolve.
Dog owners don't really like me. :I

Here's a new one for me:

When you spend $12 (about P1000) at the Wonderland carnival games to get a Shaymin plushie because the other ones just aren't cute enough.

Coincidentally, most dolls also cost P1000 in the Pokemon games.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom