• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You notice any tiny annoyances leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bittersweet

We're very concerned.
Reaction score
With what we've seen so far from Pokemon Black and White, have you noticed any little things to do with the graphics or what not that you found REALLY annoying that are gone?

1. I have noticed that your opponent actually THROWS THE POKEBALLS NOW!!! They don't just appear on the ground after the opponent 'slides' off the screen. That really bugged me. With every new Generation, I was thinking "How hard can it possibly be for GameFreak to animate the PokeBall being thrown onto the field?"
And it's finally been rectified! :banana:

2. Additionally, Pokemon that are flying during battle aren't just 'floating' anymore. They're actually flapping. :)

3. I know that the battlefield layout was supposed to denote distance. The opponent's Pokemon was in the top right because they were in the distance... But it never really looked convincing to me. I never really got a sense of depth. It always just looked like two flat pictures. I expected this to improve with Diamond and Pearl, but when I saw the battlefield, it was sort of...underwhelming.
But now with this moving camera, it actually DOES look 3D to me. And from what I've seen, it looks absolutely fan-f**king-tastic. :spin:

Has anyone else noticed little things they've seen rectified now in battle or the overworld?
Or agree with what I've listed here?

The enemy trainer doesn't really throw the Pokeball mind you, it sort of flies onto the field while the trainer fades into the background.

The enemy trainer doesn't really throw the Pokeball mind you, it sort of flies onto the field while the trainer fades into the background.

Well, at least it doesn't just appear at their feet. And I thought I saw the opponent's sprite move a little to denote 'throwing'.

Well, at least it doesn't just appear at their feet. And I thought I saw the opponent's sprite move a little to denote 'throwing'.

I think that only applied to maybe one of the NPC, maybe Cheren. While Bel didn't have such animation or something.

Or maybe I'm just thinking of the Player Character since if I remember correctly he/she actually does throw the Pokeball.

One change that I think I will like is the fact that Pokemon flashed and the HP gauge is reduced at the same time (making the overall battle quicker). Although it was not an annoyance, trainers "throwing" Pokeballs is a nice touch.

I think that only applied to maybe one of the NPC, maybe Cheren. While Bel didn't have such animation or something.

Or maybe I'm just thinking of the Player Character since if I remember correctly he/she actually does throw the Pokeball.

No, everyone throws their Poke Ball.

Closing because the thread is outdated and is now replaced with the little things thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom