• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

Personally, I don't like to re-use a Pokemon on a playthrough team ever. Once I do a playthrough with a certain Pokemon I'll probably never use one my team again, even in future installments. I've made rare exceptions (usually when a new regional form for a past Pokemon I've already used gets released), but that's about it.

We should probably retire the term “regional rodent” since most of them aren’t actually rodents.
I agree; in fact, I’ve basically always used the term “regional mammal” instead, and this is ESPECIALLY the case with the most recent ‘mons of this category, Lechonk and Oinkologne.

I'm going to add Ultra Necrozma to the list of forms that should be out-of-battle forms, with a decrease in base stats so it wouldn't be OP.

mm idk how controversial these r but
  • the terms jerk rival and friendly rival were mistakes and are always used to dumb down characters down to bare bones tropes that they sometimes dont even fit and almost always ignore character development and depth.
  • almost 70% of paulo hate results from the fact hes stuck in a gacha game that takes ages to update with an overly toxic community people would b obsessed with him if he were in mainline. u can literally see it with kieran.
  • pokemon fans r unironically so miserable. i think i've seen liek dedicated hate groups 4 every single gen can u all not just hold hands frolick in a flower field or something
  • people who constantly go 'ermm pokemon should be darker...!' r so annoying because like 99% of them dont want any actual in depth storylines handled with tact especially so when storylines like that which do tackle darker topics r largely present in pokemon. its just wanting meaningless edge and gore most the time to see cooler 4 liking a kiddy seeming franchise.
  • also on that same topic people exaggerate how dark spe is so much. So Much. its so annoying booo. throwing red and yellows pikas at u instead. Do u hate joyous whimsy. None of them even pay attention to spe storywise all they do is post the same panels liek "heh...im not like u game or anime nerds... i like DARK MATURE CONTENT...unlike u kiddies(pushes up glasses

Anywyas joyous whimsy is good i think pokemon fans should go drink some apple juice have a nice meal sit outside in the sun 4 a little or something. Go appreciate life.♡♡♡pleas

mm idk how controversial these r but
  • the terms jerk rival and friendly rival were mistakes and are always used to dumb down characters down to bare bones tropes that they sometimes dont even fit and almost always ignore character development and depth.
  • almost 70% of paulo hate results from the fact hes stuck in a gacha game that takes ages to update with an overly toxic community people would b obsessed with him if he were in mainline. u can literally see it with kieran.
  • pokemon fans r unironically so miserable. i think i've seen liek dedicated hate groups 4 every single gen can u all not just hold hands frolick in a flower field or something
  • people who constantly go 'ermm pokemon should be darker...!' r so annoying because like 99% of them dont want any actual in depth storylines handled with tact especially so when storylines like that which do tackle darker topics r largely present in pokemon. its just wanting meaningless edge and gore most the time to see cooler 4 liking a kiddy seeming franchise.
  • also on that same topic people exaggerate how dark spe is so much. So Much. its so annoying booo. throwing red and yellows pikas at u instead. Do u hate joyous whimsy. None of them even pay attention to spe storywise all they do is post the same panels liek "heh...im not like u game or anime nerds... i like DARK MATURE CONTENT...unlike u kiddies(pushes up glasses

Anywyas joyous whimsy is good i think pokemon fans should go drink some apple juice have a nice meal sit outside in the sun 4 a little or something. Go appreciate life.♡♡♡pleas
I am really glad to not be the only one confused about Kieran getting so much praise and Paulo getting so much hate.

Kieran, character-wise, is  literally just a more rushed, less developed Paulo. I don't even think Paulo was handled very well. Kieran was surely much worse than he was in execution though.

I am really glad to not be the only one confused about Kieran getting so much praise and Paulo getting so much hate.

Kieran, character-wise, is  literally just a more rushed, less developed Paulo. I don't even think Paulo was handled very well. Kieran was surely much worse than he was in execution though.
YEAH it was so jarring seeing kieran getting so much praise when having such a similar arc especially when he was released so shortly after the villain arc concluded and i remember seeing SO much hate when the conclusion for it was happening.

Tbh i liek them both theyr both really good characters concept wise but have major problems execution wise especially thanks 2 pacing problems with paulo being in a live service gacha and kieran being in a postgame dlc. Theyr just those characters 4 me where i thank canon for giving me the base character then build upon them myself LOL

yep. it's always been there since the beginning of the franchise but up until recently it was written off as people being dumb over gen 1, but ever since like gen 7 people have just been getting more and more negative and toxic and miserable and it's depressing.

The fanbase at large had their perception about Pokemon radically shift from E3 2019 onwards. Sure, there was some negativity before. Gen 3 had the Pokemon transfer controversy, Gen 4 had controversy over going too far with its theme, Gen 5 was largely unappealing to older fans, mostly due to some "creative decisions" Gamefreak made regarding their games, Gen 6 was met without an upper version for the region of its initial game, and the Hoenn remake not including feature beloved by older fans, Gen 7 was met with an unfavorable amount of cutscenes, and an unnecessary addition of a third Kanto remake. Despite any of this, nothing even came as close to burning the community's perception of Pokemon down to the ground as the events from E3 2019 onward.

Everything changed when the Dexit nation attacked!

However, I've noticed things have started to look a little more peaceful since the Legends Z-A reveal. Megas are returning, the hype Kalos brought is coming back, Zygarde's finally getting the main game spotlight it deserves, etc. I can't say Z-A was the sole contribution. Pokemon Masters EX made some updates that made the game a lot more lively to its players all around, by having a photo mode for people to snap photos of all their favorite sync pairs together.

We'll see how all this goes as time moves on.

Back
Top Bottom