• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Favorite Ash

Ash has had multiple personalities on the show depending on what saga you're watching.

There's no way to deny it. Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh Ash are all different from each other.

Yeah, it is called character development.

I like the Ash in the episodes where he proves that determination and guts can get you almost anywhere.

ex: the Johto episode where he beat the Computer kid and his Scizor - love that episode, it just has Ash written all over it, beating the odds and never giving up - with an iron determination, which his pokemon evidently reflects.

Ash has had multiple personalities on the show depending on what saga you're watching.

There's no way to deny it. Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh Ash are all different from each other.

The question is which Ash do you like, not which of Ash's personalities based upon which region he is in do I like.

Because of that the question should have been reworded or else my answer is valid.

I am waiting for Ash to turn his hat back. I am waiting for it to happen since 9th movie. Maybe we will get to see it against the battle with Paul.
Omg, this!! D: I loved that turning the hat back thing - it actually DEFINED my childhood.

Of course Kanto Ash. He had the best outfit, he was perfect noob in battles and was nervous in arguing with Misty.

XD Yup, I definitely like the noob Kanto Ash. This isn't exactly from the Kanto, but he's also great in The Power of One.

I am waiting for Ash to turn his hat back. I am waiting for it to happen since 9th movie. Maybe we will get to see it against the battle with Paul.

Omg, this!! D: I loved that turning the hat back thing - it actually DEFINED my childhood.

When Ash Ketchum from Pokemon turns his hat around, you know shits about to go down!

//i join too many pages on facebook i admit! hahahahahaa

When Ash Ketchum from Pokemon turns his hat around, you know shits about to go down!

//i join too many pages on facebook i admit! hahahahahaa
OH MY FUCKING GOD! >:D So I wasn't the only person who thought of that FB group when this topic is broached...

That hat <3 It needs to come back.

HAHA Yah I miss the whole Ash turning his hat backwards thing too.
It'd be classic if Ash did it in his battle against Paul, I'd love the writers so much if they did it even just that once. It'd show how serious he'd be when battling Paul, that he wants to take him down.

I wonder if Paul met Kanto Ash what would happen. Ash would probably smack him.

I like Kanto Ash. The immature dork that always tries his best, becuase that was what was fun to watch. Primape goes Bananas!

I like Kanto Ash because back then he had a sense of humor. Right now his dialogue is flat and monotonous,a and most of the time he's just talking about training or battling Pokemon. Seriously when is the last time he's made a joke?

HAHA Yah I miss the whole Ash turning his hat backwards thing too.
It'd be classic if Ash did it in his battle against Paul, I'd love the writers so much if they did it even just that once. It'd show how serious he'd be when battling Paul, that he wants to take him down.

I miss Kanto Ash and him turning his hat backwards! I can picture it right now, and want to cry. That would be awesome if he did that in battle against Paul.

Hasn't he already battled Paul? That full 6 on 6 battle, right? The one he lost?

Yes, but I mean it would be more epic in the league cuz this would be the last battle between Ash and Paul. After all the training Ash did and stuff for this fight. It'd just be such an awesome feeling yah know?

I favor the Ash we're seeing now; he has the thick air of responsibility of season 4 and 5 Ash, but he's less "contrived" now.

Kanto= Funny Ash
Johto= Training Ash?
ADV=Growing Ash
DP=Mature Ash

I like ADV he was a mix of Funny, Mature and bold Kanto close behind simply because of humor. It was a one man show, Hilarious too. Johto didn't appeal to me. It seemed somewhat boring. *shot*

Kanto= Funny Ash
Johto= Training Ash?
ADV=Growing Ash
DP=Mature Ash

I like ADV he was a mix of Funny, Mature and bold Kanto close behind simply because of humor. It was a one man show, Hilarious too. Johto didn't appeal to me. It seemed somewhat boring. *shot*

Ash of Pokemon Advanced is more mature than his Diamond and Pearl counterpant. Isn't it?

Ash of Pokemon Advanced is more mature than his Diamond and Pearl counterpant. Isn't it?

IMO in ADV Ash was becoming more mature. It wasn't until late BF/Early DP he showed signs of maturity. ADV still had the Immature over excited Ash (e.x Whishcash and Ash) Whishcash stealing Ash's badges Ash overreacting? Obviously he wasn't as funny as Kanto Ash but its over blown calling him "mature".

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom