• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your First Pokemon Capture

In Blue, almost certainly Pidgey; unless of course it was Rattata...

In Platinum, it was a Starly, with Pokérus. It's now a Staraptor, and infected all my Pokémon throughout the adventure. A few steps after capturing it, I then caught a shiny Starly...

Last edited:
GenI-Pidgey
Gen II- Hoothoot
Gen III- Zigzagoon
Gen IV- Shinx or Starly

genI-Pidgey
genII-Hoothoot
genIII-Tailow
genIV-Starly

See a pattern?

In Blue, almost certainly Pidgey; unless of course it was Rattata...

In Platinum, it was a Starly, with Pokérus. It's now a Staraptor, and infected all my Pokémon throughout the adventure. A few steps after capturing it, I then caught a shiny Starly...

I want some of that damn luck.

I think it was Bellsprout. I didn't like catching pokemon for a while. .-.

Sapphire: Zigzagoon

FireRed: Pidgey

LeafGreen: (same as above)

Emerald: Poochyena

Diamond: Starly

Pearl: Bidoof

Platinum: Starly

Blue: I think it was a Ratatta. It was ten years ago today, as a matter of fact, so my memory's a little blurry.

Yellow: Caterpie. I was trying to ape Satoshi's anime journey as close as I could.

Gold/Silver/Crystal: Sentret. I wanted my first catch of Generation II to be a Johto Pokémon.

Ruby: I think Zigzagoon.

Emerald: Probably Poochyena.

FireRed: Pidgey. Currently the Pidgeot I took to the Elite Four.

Diamond: I'm pretty sure it was Starly. Again, it's now a Staraptor, and it's been on my team ever since.

It's always one of the Pokémon on the first Route, since I like catching a full party of six right in the beginning of the game.

I don't remember very well.. But should be..
Gen II : Sentret
Gen III : Wingull
Gen IV : Starly

It was either a Pidgey or Rattata in Blue. A Zigagoon in Sapphire, and a Starly in Pearl. I can't remember Gen II....

In Pearl, Shinx (now a Luxray), I trained all the way up to Level 80 somethin'. In Platinum, I don't really remember... Maybe Starly/Shinx. But the first Pokemon I caught that was seriously apart of my team is Geodude (now a Golem) :3

Pidgey all the way. 1st pokemon I ever caught. Starly is a good replacement for it.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom