• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first post on the forums

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Everyone (when they first join) makes a post that starts their time as a member here. My first was when I first joined actually. It was a standard short and simple hello and introduction. What about you guys?

Last edited:
I originally was unable to verify for a while after registering, but when I was approved I did make a welcome post. It was nothing more than just an overall introduction of myself, but I also included some of my favorite Pokemon at the time.

My first post was a short intro post in the General Chat thread:
Hi Bulbagarden! I first learned of this forum on the subreddit r/pokemon and thought I’d check it out. After browsing for about a week, I decided to join as the content looks right up my alley (r/pokemon has become mostly memes lately, which isn’t my cup of tea). It’s a little different from what I’m used to, but I think I’ll adapt in time.

I had to go waayyyyy back for this!

I'm a new member, obviously... xD I'm never too great with these introduction topics, as is indicated by my incredibly bland title.

My name is [redacted], but on most forums I go by Envy. I chose this username here because Envy was already taken. The username actually says a lot about me, for those who know what it means. My main interests are music, history, music history, and wind instruments (and their history)... An Aulos is a combination of all four, an ancient woodwind instrument from Ancient Greek culture. There's also the fact that I have a strange fascination with ancient Greek and Latin words, so it also looks and sounds cool as a word to boot. xD

I'm probably somewhat old, at age 24, almost 25. :embarass: I have been into Pokemon since Generation I, and when it comes to the games, I have never been able to pry myself from it. Don't worry, I feel absolutely no shame in that. The (mainline) Pokemon series is really the only gaming series that I feel guaranteed to enjoy every single installment. While everybody else complains about the games being the same thing over and over again, I easily love every Pokemon game I play. Even R/S/E, which I have always felt like were the weakest of the series, I found plenty of enjoyment in and would love remakes someday.

So I'm really looking forward to X/Y. The introduction of fully-fleshed trainer customization officially made my hype blow through the roof. xD

Anyway, I've probably already made this long-winded enough... That's totally in my nature. :embarass: So, I will end with a more general introduction of me. As you know if you read the above paragraphs, I love wind instruments. I don't play the Aulos (nor do I think I would really want to, to be honest. xD), the instruments I really play are the bassoon and I am learning the tenor saxophone. I also would love to learn the oboe someday. Those are my three favorite instruments of all. =) Probably my other unmentioned interest is that I love animation, English and Japanese. In fact, to be honest it's all I watch. Yes, at 24. That's right. xD

I think that'll be enough. If anybody even managed to get this far. =P

Name redacted, because that wasn't my real name, but instead a nickname I went by all around because my ex gave it to me. My ex is long gone now. But that time in late 2013 was at the height of thinking that everything was going to work out, but... Anyway.

Other things I have to note have changed:
-Obviously I'm no longer 24. Lol
-I'm glad Envy was taken. I don't much care for that username anymore. This one is much cooler.
-I totally did learn to play the oboe and it has become my main instrument.
-I would totally play an aulos if I could get one, now. Back then I found the sound of early reeds to be a bit jarring, but after becoming really interested in early music my ears have adjusted.
-Pokemon mainline series has disappointed me Gen VII and beyond.
-I now will watch live action shows instead of solely animation.

It looks like my first post was made on the day I joined, but it wasn't an intro post. My guess is I joined to make this post specifically. It was a question in the Pokemon Anime section about what your favorite episode was. I was 16 when I joined the forums and had only recently gotten back into Pokemon after a long time away from the series, so I didn't have much to talk about at the time.

I do believe my very first post was the typical intro topic

Wow it's amazing how I first joined 4 years ago and I still haven't cracked 1,000 messages lol.

My first post was asking a question for a Sun and Moon giveaway Bulbapedia did back in 2016. To enter the giveaway we needed to answer 5 trivia questions correctly, and I had a question on the fifth one:

Question 5: Does the Pokemon's move have to be Gen 6 exclusive, or can it already know how to learn it from a previous generation?

Turns out my question had already been answered on the first post in that thread.

I created my account and made my first post on this site back in January 2008, so that's more than 13 years ago. I was 14 years old at the time. A while back I dug into my post history and found it:

For context: GameFreak said there would be a "special event" in Diamond and Pearl on a certain day, which turned out to be a diamond dust weather effect in the overworld (extremely disappointing, I remember thinking it would be something special like a new Pokémon appearing or whatever).

Anyhow, after that single post, I left my account for 5 years for whatever reason and then picked it up again in 2013 when I started to watch the Pokémon anime again. I don't think I ever made an introduction post on this site.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom