• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

First shiny was an Unown (V) in LeafGreen. Dark blue, thought it was a glitch at first. Got super excited til I found out I couldn't use it for anything. It's hidden power was normal type >.<
Was the greatest and worst moment of my gaming life.

Shiny Spinda (not counting the Red Gyarados from GSC) in Sapphire, and since I was young, I killed it, thinking it was a glitch. When I told my friend, she all but killed me. I've yet to encounter another Shiny, excluding SS' Red Gyarados. Yeesh.

Shiny Spinda (not counting the Red Gyarados from GSC) in Sapphire, and since I was young, I killed it, thinking it was a glitch. When I told my friend, she all but killed me. I've yet to encounter another Shiny, excluding SS' Red Gyarados. Yeesh.
I'm sorry but I laughed that you killed it because you thought it was a glitch!
Aaw poor Spinda. I'd love that shiny! :3

Shiny Pidgey in route 1 in my firered. Thank god i had pokeballs but i was scared since my charmander was lv. 12 while pidgey was a lv. 2....it is now a lv. 100 Pidgeot in my black version :)

And you were not the first. I barely knew what a shiny was, because I played RGB, then RSE, then GSC. So yeah. Weird order, I know.

SS Gyarados doesn't count for me. But once in LeafGreen, I ran across a Red Gyarados on the route right below Pallet Town. Stupid Thrash confusion killed it, but yeah.

So my first unique Pokemon that I caught was in White: my gloriously blue Pawniard.

My first ever shiny (discounting Gyrardos) was a Shroomish that I found in my old Ruby Version. I didn't know shinies back then and yes, I did freaked out b/c I thought it was a glitch so I decided to catch it w/ a Repeat ball to experiment with it. It's a Breloom right now since my friend/neighbor trained it and I may be willing to transfer it to my Black alongside w/ my other legit shinies I've caught.:3

Oh and I forgot to add, this happened in 2006.:p

And you were not the first. I barely knew what a shiny was, because I played RGB, then RSE, then GSC. So yeah. Weird order, I know.

Don't worry I played DP then Leaf Green after that I got Platinum. Then in order from there. I always heard of shinies because of the TCG (Which I played for about 2 years before I could afford a DS Lite.) I had always wondered about Pokemon, it looked so fun and cute but I didn't like how they faught and got hurt. Now it doesn't bother me.

Anyways I've never owned a legally shiny Pokemon. I have some legendaries given to me but their probably fake.

I, sadly, had never heard of shiny Pokemon until around 4 years ago. I definitely was enthralled when i learned of them.. my first was actually one my friend had traded me; i believe it was a shiny mew in Pearl. I shiny hunted in every single one of my games with no luck, until a few years back i had restarted my game on soul silver. I was surfing off of the coast of Cherrygrove city, not even looking for a shiny, and i came across a shiny Tentacool! I flipped out, smiling like mad, happy that i had found my first legit shiny. Although Tentacool is relatively weak, i was ecstatic. Being around thirty levels more powerful than the Pokemon, i caught it quickly. In the end, i ended up trading it to a friend, but i have never forgotten the experience. Yes, i am a complete geek :)

My first shiny was the Red Gyrados from the Lake of Rage, but the first one that was from a random encounter was a shiny Audino (Yes, Audino) just outside of Nacrene City. I haven't seen another one since. :/

While starting Diamond for the first time, my very first step into the grass was a shiny Hoot Hoot. No Pokeballs. Whomp-Whomp. But the first shiny I actually caught was an Onix. To this day, I hate that Hoot Hoot and will never stop hunting it after it taunted me.

Apart from the Red Gyarados, my first shiny was a Raticate, the route before reaching Olivine City, I think that's Route 38, in Pokemon Gold. I've seen around 10 shiny Pokemon in 10 years. :p

Sentret in silver. But i just caught a shiny golbat on my platnium. After already catching one on my soul silver about a year ago. I mean come on, what are the odds of that?

In Soulsilver, I had just entered Mt Mortar and a shiny Cubone appeared! Of course I caught it. :)

That's the one and only shiny I've found myself, aside from trades etc... and I've been playing since Red/Blue.

In Plat. I caught a Shiny Tropius in the Safari Zone. I named him Littlefoot.

P.S. Am I the only one who has never caught the Red Gyarados??

My first (other than the gyrados of course) was a shiny Rattata I found in Fire Red about 15 minutes into my 5th or 6th run through.

My first (and so far only) was a shiny Joltik I got in Chargestone Cave on Pokemon White. I have little luck :/

The first not-Red-Gyrados shiny I ever found was a Geodude in SoulSilver. Even though it's not one of my favorite Pokemon, I was so excited about it! I later traded it to a friend for all of the Kanto/the other Johto starters ^^; (along with fodder, of course, but she really wanted the shiny haha)

I've thought about trying to hatch a shiny, but I just don't have the patience XD;

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom