• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

I was walking through the grass in Mt. Silver in Pokemon SoulSilver. I first found a regular Ponyta. I ran away from it. Then I found a shiny Ponyta. I caught it right away. I had no idea I was that lucky. :U

I got into G/S/C pretty late as Pokemon Crystal was new at the time, my first shiny was a Cleffa hatched from the egg given to you near the start of the game. The next one of course was Red Gyarados followed by many pokemon I can't remember. My latest one was a legit shiny Eevee, now an Umbreon hatched using the Masuda method in Black & White. The new Masuda method is far too easy to use to get shiny pokemon now.

My first shiny was a Lombre, which I got over the GTS on Platinum last night.

The red Gyarados but my first real shiny catch was a yellow swablu, ran into it by random while running through the area in ruby with the volcanic ash...it was pretty sweet....i evolved it and traded it to my poke diamond....which was later stolen.:-:)bawl:

Other than the obvious shiny Gyarados in Gold, Crystal, and HeartGold:

Generation 2:
  • On 10 April 2006, I found a shiny Bellsprout in Route 24 in Crystal.

Generation 3:
  • Circa 2003, I found a shiny Zubat in Shoal Cave in Ruby. I believe it eventually evolved into a Crobat.
  • I caught a shiny Doduo in FireRed. I believe it eventually evolved into a Dodrio. I no longer have this one (see below).
  • On 3 May 2005, the day I got Emerald, I caught a shiny Poochyena at the beginning in Route 101. It eventually evolved into Mightyena. I no longer have this one. In early 2007, someone else stole my copy of Pokémon Emerald, tried to see how far he could go without saving, and accidentally saved over my save file. My Mewtwo, Venusaur, and the aforementioned Doduo/Dodrio, all from FireRed, my original Swampert from Ruby, and this Mightyena, were among the Pokémon lost. (I did get it back, though)
  • More recently, in 2010, I caught a shiny Spheal in Shoal Cave in Emerald.
Today (9 September 2011), I caught a shiny Furret at Route 43 in Crystal. I put it in a box in Pokémon Stadium 2, as I expect Pokémon Crystal's save battery to run dry soon. The save battery in my copy of Pokémon Gold has already run dry.

My first shiny was actually a shiny totodile in the original silver game. However, this was back before I knew about shiny pokemon... :p I thought it was a glitch in my game so I restarted it. XD

Well, technically I caught my first shiny in Generation V about a week or so ago. It was a Pidove, Female. I was on my way to Nacrene City. I decided to walk around in that grass that produces two monsters at a time. All of a sudden I got a random encounter of 2 Pidove. At first I was like "Eh, whatever" then I noticed one had a blue-ish tint to it and I was like "Holy Crap! First shiny in the Unova region!" So, I used my team of Pansear and Herdier to weaken it. Well, more like Herdier took down the non shiny, while Pansear used Incinerate to weaken it. Since it was nighttime out, I decided to use the Dusk Ball after trying to capture it in the Ultra Ball my Pick-Up Lillipup got failed. After that I caught it and decided to look at it. It had a Naive Nature and it's special ability was Super Luck. With that, I decided to take this Pidove under my wing and level it up to Unfezant.

A shiny Chansey in Pearl. I will say that was horrible to capture, it didn't wanna stay in the ball. Its a good thing I had decided to always keep like 50-100 balls just in case >_>

My 1st was a shiny Zubat in sappire that I found in granite cave delivering the letter to Steven. I had no idea why it was green, but I kept it and evolved it to a Crobat and kicked ass with it :3 That is until my idoit cousin started a new game :/ I did get a shiny Treecko as my starter NOT TRADED OR HATCHED one time :D That was my best one. The only other one I've gotten is the red Gyarados.

The first shiny I ever SAW was a Nincada in Emerald, but the first I caught, I believe, was a Kricketune in Platinum, which I later traded. I never played GSC, so I didn't get any shinies there.

Mine Would Happen To Be A Shiney Charmander, Accidentally Hatched. (it was the first egg O.O)
Sadly, because i got it so quickly, I'm so very impaitent at getting others. I was driven to near insanity trying to get a shiney Pidgey. (hatched about 1,2,3,4 boxes.. so 120 Pidgeys)

my first shiny was in emerald a shiny poochyena then platinum or diamond a shiny chimchar and in white shiny zorua!

My first shiny was a Wheezing that exploded on my face. My second shiny was a Quagsire that ran away in the Safari Zone. My third shiny was a Tentacool that I caught and traded to a friend. My 4th shiny was a Shellos whom I caught and traded to the same friend. I hoped to find a shiny in Black on my journey but I found no shiny...

I found a shiny zubat while walking through a cave in Soul Silver. I almost ran away from it until i saw it sparkle.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom