• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first WTF moment in Pokemon

SquishyFace

Because squishy
Reaction score
just tell your first WTF moment or your favorite. ex. like when you saw Magikarp for the first time. or when your egg hatched into a weird pokemon.

my first one was when i saw throh. my favorite one is when i was about to battle Iris, but then my egg was hatching and i thought it was gonna be an epic Zorua or something, but then Larvesta popped out of it and said WHASSSAP! i was not expecting that.

I had bred a Magikarp egg and was somewhat confused to find that the summary page already said it was "about to hatch!". It wasn't until later that I realised this was because of Magikarp's low hatching time.

My first WTF-moment was when the last game came out. Those pokémon look like all the inspiration went away... :(

I had bred a Magikarp egg and was somewhat confused to find that the summary page already said it was "about to hatch!". It wasn't until later that I realised this was because of Magikarp's low hatching time.

Well you see that's because a Magikarp will lay 1000 eggs, each of those 1000 eggs will hatch into a new magikarp, and each of those will lay 1000 eggs, giving you a million Magikarp, that will lay another 1000 eggs giving you a billion Magikarp.

My first WTF, was seeing Lance had a 3rd Dragonite in Pokemon Gold after having only narrowly beaten the 2nd one which was a surprise in itself.

I found out that Bouffalant wasn't an evo of Taruos.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the days of Hoenn in the green shards of Emerald, me and mah Lv. 95 Blaziken were kickn' everyones butt!

Until the Phobe of the Elite Four.

Quick Attack! But it didn't affect Dusclops! (Ok...)
Cut! But it didn't affect Dusclops! (Not that too!)
Slash! But it didn't affect Dusclops! (Unbelivable.)
Double Kick! But it didn't affect Dusclops! (O_O"...FUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Then began my long search for Rayquaza.

Probably finding out the plot twists of Mystery Dungeon 2 and Ranger 3, respectively
My face: :0
My reaction: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

When I played through Crystal with my brother we freaked out when we saw all three Dragonites. Somehow, we managed to KO all of them and got Lance down to his Charizard. We only had our Red Gyarados left, and the idiots we were, left it without training at level 34. Two surfs later Charizard was down and that gyarados was renamed G.Jennings.

Morty's gym in Gen II. I could not figure out how to even go further than one step without being warped back to the beginning. I was like 11, so this was before I had access to the internet. But one of my friends at school managed to help me out by drawing a map of where to walk through the gym. It was still pretty bizarre to me at the time, though.

When I discovered Alomomola isn't the evolved form of Luvdisc.

Forgive me, but when I first saw Audino's illustration, I thought it was a male counterpart of Chansey....

When I first realized that all the trainers in the Gear Station were all hax trainers.

Seeing Shiny Gyarados in Crystal.

Nuff said. XD; I had nooo idea what to think at the time...though I assumed it was something they got off the anime xD;

I was a new player back then. U_U; Had no clue what a shiny was at all...lol

Vanilluxe. I just went WTF. A pokemon that looks like an icecream. I didnt know whether to facepalm or fut the wuk.

When I discovered Alomomola isn't the evolved form of Luvdisc.
I found out that Bouffalant wasn't an evo of Taruos.

Absolutely that, and additionally, when I found out that Emolga wasn't a Pachirisu evolution. So many wasted opportunities.
This, this, and this. I also let loose a "WTF?" when I found out that Purrloin wasn't a pre-evolution of Glameow. (Don't ask...)

But the biggest "WTF?" moment for me: "Golurk can learn Fly?!" After the initial shock wore off, I then spent twenty minutes grinning like an idiot. I could now realize my dream of soaring through the skies on the back of a giant robot. Thank you, Unova. :-D

I think my first WTF moment was when I played Crystal for the first time.

Everything had colors.

The Pokémon moved.

I could play as a girl.

My little seven-year-old mind was blown.

When Brock's Onix used Screech. I didn't know the Game Boy was capable of creating such a horrible sound. Good thing I wasn't wearing headphones.

Back in the old Gold/Silver days when I used the spraybottle on Sudowoodo XD I seriously did not know that was a Pokemon. When the battle music started playing I literally went WTF?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom