• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Breeding for Prankster Riolu. Lost count as to how many got the Ability and not the perfect Special Defense. :disgust:

Edit: And another got the Ability and got its HP chosen at random, and it's not a good IV that it got.

I accidentally chose three pokemon and made it the final decision - so I ended up battling someone 3 vs 6

of course I lost

Meh, happens sometimes.

Last edited:
I started a new game in X and changed my region so I could get Icy Snow, but when I evolved it, it was High Plains,

Tracking down Zapdos in X. Even when I don't use Fly, it sometimes decides to go to the other side of Kalos. :disgust:

Tracking down Zapdos in X. Even when I don't use Fly, it sometimes decides to go to the other side of Kalos. :disgust:
Articuno turned into an asshole at the last time i needed to see him, i was at the route he was and he was never showing up, it drove me nearly crazy.

Articuno turned into an asshole at the last time i needed to see him, i was at the route he was and he was never showing up, it drove me nearly crazy.
Just be glad you are not facing one who cannot be paralyzed (I didn't have any sleep users on me). Finally got it to appear in the cove, and it destroyed every ball I tossed at it, even after my Ampharos weakened it. Had to use up my Master Ball so it won't be forced to use Struggle and KO'ing itself. I named it "Frustration," because it caused a lot of hassle the entire time.

Just be glad you are not facing one who cannot be paralyzed (I didn't have any sleep users on me). Finally got it to appear in the cove, and it destroyed every ball I tossed at it, even after my Ampharos weakened it. Had to use up my Master Ball so it won't be forced to use Struggle and KO'ing itself. I named it "Frustration," because it caused a lot of hassle the entire time.

I didn't paralyzed or put sleep the Articuno but two minutes after i caught it i traded it for a Xerneas in the GTS just because he was an asshole during the entire time that i had to find him and the Xerneas has 31 IVs in four stats so it was great trade imo.

I was TPK'd...by a random wild Vulpix.

It was in Emerald, on Mt. Pyre, I can't remember my exact team (I've tried striking the painful memory from my mind) but I know I had six Pokemon with me, two of which were at least Level 50, two in the 40s, and the others were 20-something and a teen.

I entered battle, sent my Level 50-some Sceptile out. Bad typing, but it was a Level 29 wild Pokemon, I should've trounced it regardless. Somehow, the Vulpix was faster, used Confuse Ray, and my Sceptile just kept hurting itself in its confusion; I never got a single hit off.

It just did the same for all my other Pokemon; turn one Confuse Ray, I was unable to land a single hit. I tried curing the confusion, but it would just immediately use Confuse Ray again, plus it kept using Will-o-Wisp, so my health was ticking down all the time.

I used three or four Full Restores, trying to keep my Pokemon alive as one after another fell to this demon fox, before I decided it wasn't worth wasting them, I'd just try to fight through the confusion.

No such luck. This random wild Vulpix nuked my entire team, because I couldn't get a single hit off 'cause of Confuse Ray.

I was TPK'd...by a random wild Vulpix.

It was in Emerald, on Mt. Pyre, I can't remember my exact team (I've tried striking the painful memory from my mind) but I know I had six Pokemon with me, two of which were at least Level 50, two in the 40s, and the others were 20-something and a teen.

I entered battle, sent my Level 50-some Sceptile out. Bad typing, but it was a Level 29 wild Pokemon, I should've trounced it regardless. Somehow, the Vulpix was faster, used Confuse Ray, and my Sceptile just kept hurting itself in its confusion; I never got a single hit off.

It just did the same for all my other Pokemon; turn one Confuse Ray, I was unable to land a single hit. I tried curing the confusion, but it would just immediately use Confuse Ray again, plus it kept using Will-o-Wisp, so my health was ticking down all the time.

I used three or four Full Restores, trying to keep my Pokemon alive as one after another fell to this demon fox, before I decided it wasn't worth wasting them, I'd just try to fight through the confusion.

No such luck. This random wild Vulpix nuked my entire team, because I couldn't get a single hit off 'cause of Confuse Ray.

This is why I always keep at least 10-20 Persim or Lum berries on me. Confusion will ALWAYS screw you over by either not affecting your opponent at all, or making you hit yourself 100% of the time.

I keep losing the sky battles as I just have Charizard. That's defo one.

My FUUUU moment is trying to battle this friggin' troll Mewtwo in Leafgreen. >.<
Got the thing paraylzed, but it doesn't even matter. Only once, ONLY ONCE, did the dialogue say "Mewtwo is paralyzed! It can't move!" rest of the time it just kept trolling me by using recover, or popping out of it's pokeball, or killing off my pokemons, and so forth....
IT
IS
RIDICULOUS. D:
I finally just restarted. That has to be the WORST wild legendary pokemon battle ever. D: Argh, I should of saved my master ball...;.;

So I get out of a battle in which my Granbull unfortunately took a fall. Revived her, restored her to full HP, then continued on my way. Not even five seconds later, I'm jumped by a Durant that just won't let me leave. Carnivore (my Granbull) is at the front of my party, so she's sent out... Durant ends up getting a 2HKO Iron Head on her before I can finally run away. I yelled, "what the hell I just healed this thing!" and did it again. -_-

At least the next Durant I ran into let me run away. Good lord.

I was trying to catch a few Quilladin in the Friend Safari so I could Wonder Trade them. I catch one with no problems and continue on. Quilladin number two shows up: it's female and I'm excited. Somebody's gonna get lucky when I trade them, I think.

No such luck.

This little demon proceeds to Leech Seed my Bisharp and wear at her with Needle Arm and Pin Missile. I don't dare use False Swipe, lest that Quilladin use Take Down and kill herself. And forget switching, I get Seeded again! My Bisharp's HP is in the yellow and about to hit red, I've blown about 23 Balls trying to catch this thing so I choose a Repeat Ball and mutter, "You have two choices: get in the Ball and live or break out of it and I will kill you where you stand."

The Ball didn't even shake. I then told my Bisharp to take that thing out with Poison Jab. I laughed as that monstrosity fainted.

After that, I gave each Quilladin one chance and one chance only--if they didn't stay in the Quick Ball I tossed, I nuked them on the spot. Don't ask me how, but I still managed to get 15 of the idiotic things.

I never want to see Quilladin again. >_<

I spent a couple hours playing through my version of X and I knew it was going to be time to charge my system soon so I made a save right after saving Abomasnow and went to the pokemon center, picked up and Eevee to evolve in Frost Cavern and after all that was done I fed a couple stones to other Eevees and made some new mons. Then I got this wild hair up my @@@ and decided to label my boxes according to Kalos pokedex and move everyone where they go. Done and as I move the last one red blinky... I log out of the box to save and BAM!! the system drops out. Not even a full minute into the blinky light and it is gone. I usually get a good 10 or 15 minutes of blinky but not last night.

Dom

A critical capture failed. I know chances exist, but as far as I know, it's symptom of a TERRIBLE luck...

Well, at least I'm almost sure Ditto copies catch rate too, since this one was transformed into Metagross. (I know it used to be this way, but I thought it was changed to keep its standar catch rate)

A critical capture failed. I know chances exist, but as far as I know, it's symptom of a TERRIBLE luck...

Well, at least I'm almost sure Ditto copies catch rate too, since this one was transformed into Metagross. (I know it used to be this way, but I thought it was changed to keep its standar catch rate)

OK you are going to have to forgive my ignorance here but how does Critical Capture fail? I mean if the ball hits the ground and "tink" stars that is a critical capture, how does this fail when the stars mean it is a capture and a capture with 0-1 bounce is supposed to be a critical capture. Is there something I'm missing here?

Dom

OK you are going to have to forgive my ignorance here but how does Critical Capture fail? I mean if the ball hits the ground and "tink" stars that is a critical capture, how does this fail when the stars mean it is a capture and a capture with 0-1 bounce is supposed to be a critical capture. Is there something I'm missing here?

Dom

the first signal of a critical capture is a fast shake at the pokéball before starting to fall. Then the ball hits the ground, shakes once and the Pokémon is captured.

But this time, the ball shaked and the Pokémon escaped :(

On my 2DS I see that shake at the top almost every time I throw a normal Pokeball but on my 3DS not so much. I did notice that when I would see it on my 3DS that the capture was usually but not always quick. I always just chalked it up to the 2DS being a little bit faster in the hardware department and also not having the 3d screen or code to have to process.

Dom

Okay, so when I rematched Valerie in the Battle Chateau today, my Lv.95 Talonflame lost EIGHT TURNS IN A ROW due to Sylveon's Attract. Eight! Sylveon was practically burning to death all by itself (srsly, Draining Kiss on a Fire type with Flame Body?)....

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom