• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Speaking of PBR, Stargazer Colosseum Master Set 8 is giving me a severe case of rage right now. No matter what I do, they always one hax ahead of me. Either a quick claw "mysteriously" activates, Sand/Snow Veil work more often than they should, raping me to death with crits out of nowhere, etc. It's pissing me off SO MUCH. Every time I come up with a strategy to shoot down their hacks, they go "lol whoops we'll crit you instead". fffff

HOW, I repeat, HOW can the COM know my Dialga is packing a Thunderbolt?! I never used it against her. How can she go "lol wait" and send out a tucking Rhyperior to take the electric attack while the slow fothermucker known as Slowbro sets up his Trick Room?! AUGH! I swear, I'm getting bomewerh or a cheating for the Wii. They will soon know how it feels to be raped to rage with hacks, like I did to the Battle Frontier! fffff

Playing FireRed (alongside a LP of FireRed by someone on Youtube that I happen to really like!) and got to level 15 on Saur (my Bulbasaur) remembered that Saur learns PoisonPowder AND SleepPowder on level 15, o I thought "Oh! I'll jut put them to Sleep and Poison them too!" .....stupid, stupid, stupid!!! You can't do that! *sigh* And the Move Relearner is on Two Island, which I won't be going to for awhile...

In my Platinum playthrough a while ago, I was battling Cynthia in the Elite Four. I'm out of healing items, and my last Pokémon is Staraptor, who is at about half health. I defeat her Roserade, and she sends out her last Pokémon, Lucario. Then the following happens:

Staraptor used Roost!
Staraptor regained health!
The foe's Lucario used Close Combat!
The foe's Lucario's Defense fell!
The foe's Lucario's Sp. Def. fell!
It's super effective!
Staraptor fainted!

I thought that was a glitch, and I was furious. I found out the secondary effect of Roost a while later.

In Battle Tower with Marley. I'm with Weavile and Azumarill. She has an Electrode and Aerodactyl. The opponents send out Lickilicky (I think) and Porygon-Z. Lickilicky takes out my Weavile with Close Combat and the Porygon-Z freezes my Azumarill with Tri Attack and eventually kills it. That meant the battle was all up to Marley. The stupid Porygon-Z also paralyzes Electrode.

Miraculously, while paralyzed and at red HP, Electrode defeats Lickilicky, Porygon-Z, and the third poke (forgot what it was) with only Toxic. I was crying tears of joy in my head. Electrode eventually fainted though, and Marley sent out Aerodactyl. The opponent sent out their last poke, Charizard. I was like "lol rock slide and bye bye Charry"

Aero did use Rock Slide.
"The foe's Charizard avoided the attack!" Wat.
Charizard used AncientPower!
Aero's HP went down to less than half so I wasn't too worried.
But then Charizard's stats all went up. And then somehow, Charizard outsped Aerodactyl and killed it with another (Attack-boosted) AncientPower.

That long, long battle, all over in a matter of seconds at the end.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

A few days ago I was playing Pokemon Battle Revolution and my opponent's Pokemon used Fissure. A) I didn't know that Pokemon could even use Fissure, B) it hit on the first try, and C) it KO'd the Pokemon I was relying on most for that battle because it had the most type advantages against my opponent's Pokemon. I can't remember how the battle went but I think I lost because of it

Just last night and this morning.. Was playing Colosseum, Trying to catch Ariados.
The grovyle in my opponents team just kept killing me out right. Had to reset at least 10 times total.
Caught the bugger at half hp practically on a whim of "maybe I shouldn't be trying to single it out as the last one on the field..."

Finding a shiny Rakou in Soulsilver. Seriously the runaway Rakou in my game sparkles! But then I realize my pokes arent fast enough to cause a status inducing move so I throw a Quick Ball. One, Two, Three BAM! It pops out and runs away

It'll still be shiny the next time you encounter it, you know.

With a mustache.

Whitney and her stupid Miltank. After attract and, I don't know, the tenth MooMoo Milk, I lost it xD

I just beat her today after trying to defeat her all last night and this morning. That Miltank has too high defence, its stomp/rollout is really strong, and Milk Drink leaves everything hopeless. And just when you think you're about to kill her, she still has 2 super potions to spare, and that damn berry that takes off any status inflictions right off the bat.

God, I had to tie my frickin DS to my wrist, to stop me from throwing it at a wall.

Not technically 'in-game,' but this is certainly a "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-" moment: somehow damaging my DS--my copy of HeartGold inside--and thus corrupting my file. Along with every event since the release of HG/SS. PokeWalker courses? Gone. Enigma Stone? Gone. Jirachi? Gone. Mew? Gone. Arceus? Gone.

Many tears were shed. Many curses were shouted.

Any time I've ever turned off the game without saving; after doing this a couple of times I now slowly and methodically save twice before gingerly sliding my DS' switch to turn it off.

I literally spent four fucking days trying to catch Giratina in Platinum. WTF.

EDIT: That and deleting my original Silver save file after I made a "I'm not going to save this" file after the lottery said I won because of my Gengar whom I didn't have on the file I was on. I went to the PC and went to "Move Pokemon W/O Mail" which saves the game. -_-

Though looking back NOW, it was a good thing. My Silver (which surprisingly STILL WORKS) has so many good pokemon as well as three legit wild shinies.

Any time I've ever turned off the game without saving; after doing this a couple of times I now slowly and methodically save twice before gingerly sliding my DS' switch to turn it off.

I do this too. Every once in a blue moon my game will freeze randomly - I don't know if it's the game itself, or the console, or whatever - but it happens, so I always get paranoid about saving often.

Ditto. Since I got a DS less than a week ago, my left fingers still must understand that the "up" button is not so "up".

Luckily the last time it happened, I forgot I saved short before. Indeed that gave me the chance to correct some mistakes. Everything went better than expected.

How could I forget the time I erased my Diamond save file?

I dropped my DS while saving in the Battle Tower. Sure enough, it froze. 150 hours down the drain. I silently raged for days. That save file had my first and so far, only shiny. I had Pokérus too (I was too dumb back then trade over an infected poke to my Pearl for safekeeping). :C

EDIT: Woot, 100th post xD

Oh don't get me started on Lugia. Screw that son of a ***** sideways with a poleaxe. More than 100 Ultra Balls. Asleep. False Swiped to 1 hp. I hate that thing so badly.

hahahahaha i used one pokeball and caught it and it was lvl 70
:lol:

I'm trying to catch Ho-Oh but my Tyranitar keeps landing critical hits on it so I have to keep restarting. Even when I get it's health down low enough, Sand Stream kicks in and makes it faint.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom