• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Personality Type on the Myers-Brigg Test

What MBTI type are you?

• Total voters

Cap'n Jack

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
I was browsing around on Ponychan and I found out about this thing called the Myers-Brigg Test. It's a test designed to discern your personality. It's surprisingly accurate for a simple "yes"-or-"no" test.

Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology

My result:

I am a very expressed introvert, a distinctively expressed intuitive personality, a distinctively expressed thinking personality, and a moderately expressed judging personality.

When you get your results on this test, it gives you hyperlinks to some professional analyses of your personality. I read mine, and they were scary accurate. I'm very impressed with this test.

What about you?

This is what I got:

moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Sounds like me, I suppose.

This is what I got...

very expressed introvert
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

I got INFJ, which is being called the "rarest" personality type. I guess I win.

The strength of each aspect:
very expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed judging personality

It's so great that something can be analyzed like this. They called this type the "counselor". I guess I am cut out to be a therapist when I grow up.

I got INFP and these results:

very expressed introvert
slightly expressed perceiving personality

I agree with "very expressed introvert", but not "slightly expressed perceiving personality". I like to think perceiving is my biggest strength.

INTJ
distinctively expressed thinking personality
distinctively expressed judging personality

May or may not be accurate... I really have no idea.

I took the official test with my counselor once. I am an INTP.

For those who aren't sure what each one means:

Introversion (I) vs. Extroversion (E) is whether you are more energized by solitude (introvert) or by social situations (extroverts). So, for example, an introvert gains energy by spending time alone or with a small group of people, and loses energy being out in public, at wild parties, etc. Extroverts feel the opposite way. (It's NOT about how shy or talkative you are, or how good your social skills are - it's about where you are most at ease. Someone can have great social skills and still need a lot of alone time, for example.)

Intuition (N) vs. Sensing (S) is about how you take in information. Intuitives tend to think in the abstract/theoretical, and the big picture. Sensors tend to prefer the details and concrete examples. Intuitives also tend to look toward the future, while sensors take each moment as it comes.

Thinking (T) vs. Feeling (F) is about how you make decisions. Thinkers tend to value logic, justice/fairness and objectivity more. Feelers tend to value emotion/intuition, mercy and subjectivity more. (Note that this isn't about HOW logical or emotional you are, it's about which one you VALUE more.) In general, thinkers prefer doing what they think is right even if it pisses other people off, while feelers prefer doing what will keep the most people happy even if it's not their first choice. Thinkers are the people who will go to the mat on any issue, while feelers would rather avoid conflict.

Judging (J) vs. Perceiving (P) is probably the easiest to understand - it's basically whether you prefer things to be more planned out or spontaneous. Judgers tend to be more organized and perceivers tend to be less organized.

Here are my results:

Distinctively expressed introvert
Distinctively expressed sensing personality
Moderately expressed thinking personality
Slightly expressed judging personality

I did not know I had a sensing personality.

INTJ:

distinctively expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality

This describes me better than I can ;_;.

INTP

distinctively expressed introvert
slightly expressed thinking personality
distinctively expressed perceiving personality

More or less what I expected, though in these tests I always seem to flip-flop between thinking and feeling personalities (and I definitely base decisions on feelings rather than logic in reality).

I got:

Very Expressed Introvert
Moderately expressed intuitive personality
Moderately expressed thinking personality
Slightly expressed judging personality

I guess its reasonably accurate

ENFJ
Extraverted 22%
Intuitive 50%
Feeling 50%
Judging 22%

slightly expressed extravert

Seems I'm the only Extravert so far...

More or less what I expected, though in these tests I always seem to flip-flop between thinking and feeling personalities (and I definitely base decisions on feelings rather than logic in reality).

I flop back and forth between INTP and INFP on Internet tests; I would take the official test (in which I got INTP, as listed above). You can get it administered from a counselor or other person who has had training in administering the test.

Seems I'm the only Extravert so far...

It's the Internet, what do you expect? :loopy:

I always get the same result when I take this test; ISFJ.

It says introversion is my strongest of the 4 attributes by a landslide, which I do agree with. I used to be pretty extroverted actually up until a few years back. I had a personal tragedy that forced me reassess everything. One thing I realized is that, for the most part, I don't like people. I get called anti-social a lot, but that isn't true. I do have friends just not as much as most people do. I'm happy with that.

I have one best friend from way back that I do everything with. Then I have 2-3 other friends that I speak to and hang out with every now and then. I'm introverted but I'm far from shy. I don't mind speaking to others, I'm pretty confident in communication skills actually. Most introverts can't say that.

It also say that loyalty is my strongest personality trait. That I possess a willingness to do anything for those close to me. That's most definitely true. If anything, I'd say that I'm the strong silent type.

ISTP.
Introverted 22%
Sensing 25%
Thinking 1%
Perceiving 78%

You are:
slightly expressed introvert
very expressed perceiving personality

I've changed a lot through years, I used to be highly introverted and way more thinking.

INTP.

very expressed intuitive personality
very expressed thinking personality
distinctively expressed perceiving personality

slightly expressed extravert

ISFP
* moderately expressed introvert 33%
* moderately expressed sensing personality 38%
* moderately expressed feeling personality 50%
* moderately expressed perceiving personality 33%

Not bad, I guess?

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
78 62 38 44

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* very expressed introvert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Quite accurate, I think. It said a lot about how INFJ's pick their friends carefully, and we're sometimes aloof and never gullible. Sounds just like me.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom