• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Review?

Pro
- the new pokes, lots of good ones to choose form.
- triple battle, more strategy is needed
- no more zubats and geodude

con
- new exp system
- no good place to grind pre-victory road.
- koromori is the new zubat
- the starter suck

What's the new exp system?
By the way, the dark dragon things final evo is at 64, not 69.

What's the new exp system?
By the way, the dark dragon things final evo is at 64, not 69.

the exp you receive in b/w depends on your pokes current lvl compare to the poke it defeated. the lower your pokes lvl compare to the other poke the more exp it receive. the higher your pokes lvl is compare to the other poke the lower the exp to receive.

it is pretty easy to get your pokes to around 40 pre-E4 but its gets very difficult afterward.

i am hoping on the 3rd ver they will have a place similar to iron island added and that they will raise the lvls of the pokes on victory road.

i give white a 39/40 for 1 factor alone NO shop to buy the stones. That is too unfair. both games get pokemon in each of the special citys specfic to the games but only black got a shop where you can buy all the stones which was totally unfair so now those in white have to work twice as hard just to get a single stone

True, but there's no easy way to get them from the forest.

True, but there's no easy way to get them from the forest.

Still, White has better exclusives, more triple battles, and dozens of extra wild Pokemon that aren't in Black version. So I think they balance out each other pretty well (in fact, White probably has the advantage).

i give white a 39/40 for 1 factor alone NO shop to buy the stones. That is too unfair. both games get pokemon in each of the special citys specfic to the games but only black got a shop where you can buy all the stones which was totally unfair so now those in white have to work twice as hard just to get a single stone

Don't you need highlink in order to get all the stones in black city?
You wouldn't believe how many people I've read on other forums over the past month asking why they can't battle many trainers or why they can't buy all the evolution stones in black city........

I don't have black version but the answer seems to be the same. You need highlink to get more characters that you can battle or buy off into the city.

It's the same with white forest. You can't get all the wild Pokemon unless you use highlink. I haven't reached white forest in white version but my hopes aren't very high after reading about that highlink stuff.

I'll judge it when I get to it.

Highlink you need another person with a DS and a game of white and black. Apparantely if you highlink enough white forst and black city get more characters and get bigger or something like that.=/

I haven't gotten to white forest in my game yet as I said however I'm hearing some dissapointing off the other forums on these since I don't have a second one of these games to highlink with.=/

Anyone who has reached black city or white forest want to confirm this.

Though Rotation battles are awesome.
Damn Straight.

One thing that Black has over White, is in Black you can see Wargle (due to Cynthia) but in White, you can't see the vultures.

Also, the EXP system makes happiness evolutions easier. I gave my Koromori the Soothe Bell, 1 massage and battled the GameFreak guy....it evolved after the battle, due to the huge level gain.

Damn Straight.

One thing that Black has over White, is in Black you can see Wargle (due to Cynthia) but in White, you can't see the vultures.

Also, the EXP system makes happiness evolutions easier. I gave my Koromori the Soothe Bell, 1 massage and battled the GameFreak guy....it evolved after the battle, due to the huge level gain.

In white you can capture Wargle apparently.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/628.shtml

I might double check though. I wouldn't be surprised if it were correct since this route has really high levels and isn't accessible till after the league.XP

Time to go searching.=)

I'm training while I'm hunting so it'll be a while.
EDIT: Yep you can capture a fully evolved wargle on route 11 in white version.=P

Last edited:
I do think the forest/city gets bigger, because I remember seeing them as bigger in a trailer for the games.

I do think the forest/city gets bigger, because I remember seeing them as bigger in a trailer for the games.

As far as White Forest goes, I don't think the explorable area actually increases, but the patches of grass grow larger and more trees grow. At least, on the first day I accessed White Forest it was like that, and now there's barely any grass at all...

Yeah they kind of do though I'm not entirely sure in what way except having more Pokemon or trainers or items.=/
I also found the gamefaqs discussion on the high link connection aswell.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/56586961

Go to the big post by flametakuya (19th post). I don't how much impact high link has but it seems to have some impact.

I have quite a few gripes with the games already. I don't have the games yet, and I have not read up on every aspect of the game. I want surprises this time. But my gripes are that you cannot trade items from previous games over. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. I have spent the the last three years collecting every TM, berry, and quite a few Masterballs just so I can have them for future games. But no. Actually, now that I think about it, thats my only problem with them so far. Huh.

guys i took 1 point off because theres no way to buy the stones and yes you can get them free but you have to go to high link first and then go back to regenerate the items each day.
a 39/40 is still a 97% its only a single point, i didn't take off anything at all really thats just barely 3 percent i don't understand why you guys exploded at me

Okay, so I was right.

That makes it better. My bro and sis are both getting the games, so I have two other people at least to high link with. My 40/40 has gone untarnished.

guys i took 1 point off because theres no way to buy the stones and yes you can get them free but you have to go to high link first and then go back to regenerate the items each day.
a 39/40 is still a 97% its only a single point, i didn't take off anything at all really thats just barely 3 percent i don't understand why you guys exploded at me

No one "exploded". It was merely pointed out how White has several advantages over Black to compensate for the lack of stones. We're not even talking about the stones anymore. In fact, we should be reviewing the games...

And I'll do this by reinstating how the lack of post-game content is Black and White's biggest fault. There's just not a lot to do. I have felt no motivation to go and play my White version, and I haven't played it since Saturday. Normally, Pokemon games last quite a while longer.

I don't really recall DP having much to do after it, or RS, or even RGBY for that matter. Post game is all for battling your friends, catching other legends, and getting those last little goodies.

Yeah it doesn't have much post game.

Though personally this post game is the most fun I've ever had with any post game Pokemon content in a long time. I usually get bored when playing past Pokemon games post game but I'm taking my time with this game and haven't gotten bored yet. I haven't finished all the post game yet. I'm finding it fun exploring every nook and cranny.=P

I don't really recall DP having much to do after it, or RS, or even RGBY for that matter. Post game is all for battling your friends, catching other legends, and getting those last little goodies.

Definitely not RS or RGB, but Diamond and Pearl did have a lot to do. For starters, the mainland of Sinnoh itself is as long as the entirety of Isshu, if not larger... Then, Sinnoh had the Battle Island afterward. And maybe it was just me, but all the post-game features like the PokeRadar, swarms, new Wi-Fi features like the GTS (at the time) and the Underground did significantly increase longevity. To be fair, I haven't gotten to the Dream World yet, but that aside... in-game, Black and White just don't feel as expansive or feature-packed as Diamond and Pearl.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom