• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your thoughts on the next games. What and when? 4th gen G/S or 5th gen colors?

Cytota

Reaction score
So apparently, next year's movie will be the last in the line of the Diamond and Pearl movies. All of the Gen IV legenedaries will have had their appearances with the release of this movie. It's been stated that this movie will be the last of the D/P/Pl movies.

So what now? Ash/Satoshi has 6 badges, there's no gold/silver remake between the "yellow/blue" of this gen, and no real idea of where the series will be headed. The span between 3rd and 4th gen was ridiculously long, but there was fire red and leaf green to keep it from being so hard to bear. The anime, regardless of it's connection with the games always is a good place to turn to when at a loss as to when our favorite franchise will make it's next installment, unless we have another orange islands filler.

So my question to you all is when and what will the next colors be? Try and back it up with some evidence or at least DECENT speculation.

My personal opinion is that 5th gen will wait until the next Nintendo handheld is available, although one could say that the DSi is much like the Gameboy color, and we'll have Gen 5 to Gen 4 as Gen 2 was to Gen 1. But if Gen 5 doesn't come around until the next handheld (which will be a good while due to the DS' massive sucsses) I think Nintendo and GameFreak will throw out another remake set of Gold and Silver to help fans in the wait and to collect all the pokemon money possible.

Any thoughts?

You are aware of the rather large number of people speculating (and hoping) that there will be a Gold & Silver Remake?

They could do natural phenomena.

Pokemon Earth and Sky, Moon and Sun, etc.

I'm still hoping that G/S remakes will be announced when we find out more about the latest movie.

Also, I was thinking today and it occured to me that there has never been an evil team in pokemon that had a female leader. Not counting Madam Boss, of course, because she's never mentioned in the video games to my knowledge. Rocket, Aqua, Magma, and Galactic have all been lead by men. Perhaps in the fifth gen the token evil team will have a woman boss.

The idea of the 5th gen team having a female boss is a pretty good idea.
Maybe a female rival as well?

I don't think they're going to use colors for the version title though, since I think they copyrighted "Black & White" mainly to prevent people from making more hacks and since they haven't used colors since the first gen, but that's just me.

I don't think they're going to use colors for the version title though, since I think they copyrighted "Black & White" mainly to prevent people from making more hacks and since they haven't used colors since the first gen, but that's just me.

I don't see how that would prevent hacks, but anyway... I thought that if they want to do a light / dark theme. I didnt know they had even copyrighted black and white.

Somethings been wondering me lately..

If the G/S remakes are true, they will probably come out after the 12th movie, as it has johto pokemon in it and can promote it. The Gen II pokemon in it may be for a different purpose, but we have yet to know the 100% reason they are in it. Now pokemons doing well and there probably will be a 5th Gen. Now the current D/P series should come to an end around the end or before, of this year. Next we should get a battle frontier if things go right, after a E4 and its then we may see future pokemon. In D/P/Pt, the battle island has been more important than Hoenn one was, so it was ok for the Hoenn BF to be shown in Kanto to promote FR/LG games.

Now some people think the BF will be shown in Johto, in promotion of the G/S remake. But why have a battle island that well in game if they won't show it off in anime? There is even a place for Dawn to go, the ribbon syndicate in the resort area and places for Ash to train in and so on, even Stark mountain could have some significance. This island is more important than Hoenn Battle Frontier is and they can't have the entire island somewhere else like Johto, it can't work that way.

So by the end of this year, the next Gen V games should be in the works, despite even having a possible remake too, remember, if your thinking of FR/LG remakes, they came before Emerald, the third Gen III was released, the possible G/S remakes are coming after the 3 Gen IV games have been released, so if pokemon is to go on, they have to think to the future of not just the games, but anime to. They have to think about what they are going to do next with anime, not just look back at redoing an older game as Ash in anime has already done Johto and they can't have him going back for a games sake, can they?

I am sure they could do both and are using the movie to promote the G/S remakes as it can't really be done in Anime because Johto has been done and they have to think of the 5th Gen for Anime and games as well.

Anyway, if I were thinking new 5th Gen names, given there is usually 3 games, I'd think "Moon, Sun and Star" or "Jade, Amethyst and Opal" or maybe "Steel, Bronze and Iron" but maybe they will do something different this time around

My personal opinion is that 5th gen will wait until the next Nintendo handheld is available, although one could say that the DSi is much like the Gameboy color, and we'll have Gen 5 to Gen 4 as Gen 2 was to Gen 1. But if Gen 5 doesn't come around until the next handheld (which will be a good while due to the DS' massive sucsses) I think Nintendo and GameFreak will throw out another remake set of Gold and Silver to help fans in the wait and to collect all the pokemon money possible.

Personally, I don't think the 5th Gen will be held off until another handheld console is made, the DSi is just coming out, outside of Japan soon and it will be around a long while and the 5th gen will have to come alng I'm thinking by the start of next year, unless a new chronicles series is created to bridge the gap between the G/S possible remake and Gen V as like I said, they can't have the show coming to an end in Sinnoh without thinking to nexct region for Ash to go, a 5th Gen one as he has been in Johto, and they usually usually use show to promote the next gen game, but they can't if the game does not yet exist, but was the chronicles that big of hit at the time? I don't remember as I never really watched it at the time and don't know anyone who liked pokemon at that time like I did, so overall waiting for a new handheld system probably won't happen.

Last edited:
im with the dark vs light style pokemon names but this would also mean adding a new pokemon type or using alot of normal types for the light side

I'd like to see a Pokemon purple or lilac.:D

Maybe they could do complements. Blue and Orange, Yellow and Purple, Red and Green. Oh, wait, those have already been out, except for orange and purple. Rats. They could name them after stones. Cobalt, etc.

I am pretty sure everyone has given up hope of Gold/Silver Remakes...
Your pretty much wrong there buddy theres a whole pack of us waiting for it to be released so we can finally sacrifice the gs remake goat and dance under the moonlight bare naked around the gs totem pole with Xatu at the top. I mean uh yeah there are a lot of us who want it.
Anyway as someone mentioned this time its very unclear. The anime would not be able to shift to jhot for the BF as now we have only 5 facilities not 7 and battle island has significance. So things really are unclear as to what the future holds in store more unclear then evne hoenn! just wait and see and dont make silly names is my guess.

After looking at all I said before on this thread, the only way there could be a G/S remake and make it work is if its released after a 5th Gen game, then they could carry on anime and then work on getting the old game out there, but right now, until I know about the significance the Johto pokemon in the 12th movie are, I'll wait and see what happens

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom