• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your version of Pokemon

Reaction score
This is for people who've dreamed of creating their own Pokemon plot or/and show. Tell what characters, the plot, and soundtrack.

Commander Saturn
Cyrus
Lucian
Roark
Juan
Wallace
Steven
Harley
Paul
Butch
Team Magma
Team Aqua

My version is a 24-like one, where Butch is Jack Bauer and Juan is President Logan. The others are assistants and what not. The theme song would be the NCIS theme. During the large battles (i.e.Groudon vs Kyogre) the song "Navras" would play and the score would be a combination of Sean Callery, Christopher Young, Don Davis, Rob Dougan, Akihiko Matsumoto, Grant Kirkhope, David Clynick, Mike Oldfield, and Hans Zimmer.

I've had plenty of ideas for Pokemon games and shows. One I remember plotting years ago was a 3D version of Pokemon--every Pokemon in 3D in two versions, trading being done memory-card to memory-card (or console to console nowadays). Basically, the main characters would be kids starting their journeys, as usual, adventuring in a new region and such.

The big gameplay difference would be integrating combat into the battlefield: if you encountered, say, a Pidgey, you'd fight it in the field right there as it emerged from the tall grass. Back then I imagined something like Quest 64, now I imagine something closer to Knights of the Old Republic. There'd be a quick pause to let you access the situation, and when you hit A, your first Pokemon goes out. You'd control the Pokemon directly, with the beast handling attacks and the trainer handling switching and item-use. Either one could run.

Also, the trainer could take a more aggressive role in combat--for instance, using a slingshot to goad Pokemon into attacking, or running into battle to use debuffing or damaging items on the enemy or healing and buffing items on your own Pokemon. And, if you had, for instance, Handler's Gloves, you could attempt to keep an escaping Pokemon in its ball, essentially giving you a reroll on your capture rate.

Sounds better than the console RPGs...

I have this version of the Pokemon anime where instead of taking place in Kanto, Johto, Houen, Shinou etc, it takes place on the east coast of the US. Kanto being partly in Northwestern New Jersey and the part of New York that surrounds it. Johto being on the left side of the Delaware water gap. Shinou being out more west, maybe right west of Pike County maybe. Houen being all the way by Lake Erie. And the Orange Islands would be Bermuda.

Warning, this post is massive, and you can get lost in it easily.

I actually picked out a place on the New Jersey map where Ash's town would be. And whenever I actually pass one of the roads that leads there, I make a huge deal "OMG That road leads to Pallet town!11" And Misty lives in Pennsylvania, ironically not in Cerulean city (which is located in New York, right by where PA, NJ and NY meet.

Clair (and Grace, Harley, Chigusa, Jasmine, Shelly, Hazuki..... so many other characters) live not too far from the Delaware water gap in Fusube.
Butch from Team Rocket, lived all the way over in California until a crazy neighbor of his scared him off to go with his mother on his parents' split off. He ended up in a house right next to Cassidy (cliche, I know) and both of them live in a town in Pennsylvania, just a little west of Fusube.

The school - Cassidy, Clair and nearly everyone in this area of Pennsylvania went and met at Pike County Academy, a huge school at the top of a gentle, but big grassy mountain.

And in this version of Pokemon -
Casey is Ash's sister, only she's commonly referred to as Raina
Violet is the most prominent Cerulean sister aside from Misty
Cassidy has a large family. And it's sad how I can name them off the top of my head.... Dottie, Connie, Cassidy, Cici, Caeser, Chad (father) and Casey (mother). Not to mention she has a pet Raticate, Suicune and her mother has a little home breeding center.
Cassidy's father grew up in southeastern New Mexico and befriended Native Americans.
Giovanni is Ash's father. Leading to a whole new set of plots involving Team Rocket's hidden plan,
lots of people think Butch is a Mormon. (that was some random trivia I made up at the time, don't take it too seriously)
Harley has a little sister, who apparently idolizes him
Misty's mother.... nuff said

I think I've written enough O_O

I want to be able to pick a pokemon to follow you, sprite customization, or at least a few choices. One big idea is a complete overworld map for fly, with other trainers flying their pokemon, random encounters, etc, and controllable paths etc. Maybe have the level or some other stat effect how long you can fly on a certain pokemon. This was you can access certain areas easier. Also fix 'teleport' so that it goes to any poke-center like current fly.

My dream team of characters, who I have given full rosters of pokemon, and given each pokemon move-sets for no reason whatsoever: Kiri from sootopolis, Reflection guy from petalburg, Jessie, James, and Sabrina. Go figure. I had some sort of plot where all the legendary pokemon ended up turned human or something at some point...

I thought of this version last night while I was watching Boston Legal. Morty and Eusine are lawyers. Morty would be Denny Crane, Eusine would be Alan Shore, Loreili would be Shirley, and Pryce would be Paul. Now I have the theme song stuck in my head.

I'm thinking this as I go along.

The Natzis are attacking Britain using pokémon and we use pokémon. Lanc, Cynthia, Wallace, Steven and Blue, the league champions, are the commanding officers. Team Rocket, Magma and Galactic are working for Hitler's great, great grandson. Team Aqua are neutral and they are Purists. They want to defeat all. The generals are the Gym Leaders and Ash is a Natzi. Darkrai and the Legendaries have been captured by Team Aqua. Luckily, America and Japan are making many war versions of Porygon, Castform and other man-made pokés to help the Brits.

I'd love it, if they made this a TV show.

On the subject of a Gold/Silver/Crystal remake...

I wouldn't mind an extended Kanto. Have it full-sized, but with obvious differences in the map--e.g., trainers have blitzed the forest, make it explicit that Pokemon have migrated from other regions into Kanto... Stuff like that. I wouldn't mind some dramatic plot twists, either--E.G. the radio in Pokemon Tower becoming possessed, causing all kinds of supernatural shenanigans until the protagonist can stop whatever fancy undead beastie is clogging up the works.

Ah, plot... how I've grown to love it since I started RPGs.

This version is based off my fanfic about Eric Daimon getting his revenge against Team Rocket.

The soundtrack

Mewtwo's theme- Those Chosen by the Planet (from Final Fantasy VII)
Eric's theme- Believer (from Digimon Savers)
Peggy's theme- Live and Learn (from Sonic Adventure 2)
Giovanni's theme- Final Bowser Theme (from Super Mario 64)

Decisive Battle- Guardando del Buio (from Kingdom Hearts [1, not 2])
Legendary Pokemon Council- Snide's theme (from Donkey Kong 64)

My idea

LOL, My perfect Pokemon game.

You can choose a Pokemon to follow you (like in Amity Square (Pokemon D/P)). Not only 'cute Pokemon' but even Gyarados and Steelixes. And when you're flying, you can navigate the Pokemon that's flying to then town you wish to go to. And sometimes, you could encounter some Pokemon too...

The TVs are crappish. Why not make them that you could watch a Pokemon episode on the TV?

You know how Trainers call out attacks? Well, the game should have a microphone that allows us to say something like 'Bubblebeam' or 'Dodge the attack'

And last but not least, Pokemon contests. We'd get to make our Pokemon do amazing contest Performances (like in AG). Of course, we must design it before doing the performance.

That's all for now.

Know what always bugged me? In Red/Blue/LG/FR, Lt. Surge tells you that his Pokemon saved him during "the war".

But what war? THAT is what I think there needs to be a series and/or game of.

The hero could either be Lt. Surge himself or some random soldier trainer who is enlisted into the army for whatever this war is. I would really be intrigued as to what a WAR using Pokemon would look like. Especially Pokemon like Wigglytuff.

Anywho, for a war-esque game I suppose a system like Advance Wars would work, where you select which Trainers are sent into battle, choosing them by their type/level (Flying Pokemon from airports, sea Pokemon from docks, etc). It would keep the back-and-forth turn theme that Pokemon uses so much, anyway.

Either that or a RTS system. That would open the floor for much, much larger Poke-armies. Could you imagine a swarm of hundreds of assorted Pokemon under each player's control?

And both would be multiplayer. So everybody wins! XD

My version? Well, I'd have my team, Ninetails, shiny Grumpig, Totodile, Pikachu, and Megainium. We'd also find a wild, wounded Celebi, whom we'd take care of and eventually join our team.

What would we do? Well, we'd have alot of adventures. Instead, of traveling just to gain gym badges we'd travel to uncover the deepest darkest mysteries that this earth has ever known! It would kind of be like discovering rather or not some myths are true or not. Sure, we'd put ourselves at risk, but we'd do some amazing things in the process.

Another, story could be this. There's an evil organization (sound familar, right? Well, this one's a little different /kind of the same.) Anyway, the evil organization spread something through a big company building, affecting every person and Pokemon, into doing what they want (world domination). We'd have to go clean across the world to get an item, buried deep in the heart of the Jungle, just to sneak into the building (if not we'd end up getting infected.) It would take a long time to get the item though.

Copious amounts of Jigglypuff, Endgame as the scenario writer, and the total slaughter of all three of the infamous female leads in the first episode, just to piss everyone off. Then we bring in replacements and see how the popularity polls go...and kill the winner!

You can tell I've never, ever put much thought into this.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom