• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

The yes moment to end all yes moments when I was little:
-in 2001, escaping from Mt. Mortar (the cave near Mahogany Town) WITHOUT a Pokemon that could use flash. I was stuck in there for a week because I got stuck in the section that is off the 'main path'

and:

-walking across the Sky-Arrow Bridge the first time and seeing Castelia City from a distance and seeing the amazing graphics of B&W

My most memorable YES moment was in Blue, and I was 10 years old. I was taken back by the legendary Pokemon and had to have them to rub in my neighbor's face (specifically, the Bird Trio). I remember I saved before Articuno, took a few breathes, and after a 10+ minute battle of whittling its HP down and throwing ball after ball at it, I had finally caught it. I proceeded to dance around my neighbor who was without a legend-worthy Pokemon.

Also...finally finding and catching a damn Tauros in the Safari Zone on Blue...I still hate that thing.

I wasn't feeling sleepy so I was catching Eevees on the Trophy Garden, just enough to have one of each evolution, but the appearance rate for these Pokémon are so low that I took hours (maybe I was training there too defeating other Pokémon so it lasted this time)... Around 04:00 am it was there, the first shiny of my life, a beautiful Staravia. OMG, it used Whirlwind about 3 times failing on all of them!! It wasn't entering on the ball, but I finally could False Swipe it and then used a Great Ball to catch it. YESSSSSSSSSSS!

From older games (Red) I can cite getting the Surf HM - I was so young then, it was very hard to find myself on the Safari Zone! -, and the Strength. When I got them with the help of a friend I was very happy and could finally continue my game getting out of Fuchsia! ^^

I think catching the legendary birds was very special too, they took time through the kind of "mazes" they were located on and specially Zapdos was very hard to catch as he keeps evading the balls.

Last edited:
just thought i would try out the beauty contest in my pokemon pearl... as the results came in i thought i did bad since the dancing act went down horrible,,,,,

YES!!! me and glaceon won a ribbon!!!! it feels great :D

My triumphant return to GTS last week which netted me, in the space of 14 hours, three shinies.

Finally catching all six Pokemon I sent over for the Poke Transfer. (You have no idea how badly I suck at the Transfer mini-game...)

-Defeating Gropius and Ghetsis with only 1 try by sheer luck( I forgot how).
-Evolve my powerful 600 stat non-legendary to full stage.
-Catching Palkia Giratina in pearl and suicune with only 1 quick ball

Catching a shiny Darumaka in Black. It came right out of nowhere while I was training my Sandile.

In Black, I was facing Giima and I was seriously underleveled. I managed to take out all his pokes, him using all his full restores, and he was down to his last Bisharp. I sent out Chandelure, but it was KO'd by night slash.

LOLZ for Flame Body XDD I watched his Bisharp slowly die of burns as I waited with my Serperior XDD YESSS

My Yes Moments:

After setting up the perfect team in Platinum, I FINALLLLLYY beat that damn Cynthia & her stupid lovely Pokemon.
Finding Feebas after like 3 hours & then evolving it into a beautiful Milotic.
(Don't ask why) When the strange guy gave me his villa in the aftergame of Platinum LOLOLOL idk I was excited. xD
When I beat Lance and his freakin three Dragonites.
I finally caught Latios in my SoulSilver.
When I got my SoulSilver game x3

MY NEXT 'YES' GOAL MOMENT: To beat Red. He's so hard though :(..... lol.

Finding my first wild shiny ever, a Shellder. I was SOOOO excited. Finally, 600+ hours of gameplay paid off!

Getting three shinies on one GTS Negotiations trade session. For Lv100s that weren't EV'd in any way. Lol.

would you believe it if I said I caught Reshiram after tossing one Quick Ball and one Dusk Ball?

....I bought 100 Ultra Balls... gimmie my money back you f***ing dragon....

but anyways... YESSSSSSSSS

Against Ghetsis, I was seriously underleveled, and the only poke that could stand up to him was my newly caught Reshiram

I feared his three-headed dragon, and prayed and prayed when Dragon Pulse hit my Reshiram...

Reshiram survived the hit with 4 HP!!!

Reshiram used Dragon Breath!!

It's Super Effective!! Hydreigon is paralyzed!!

Reshiram uses Dragon Breath right away!!

Epic WIN. YESSSSSSSSS

Pokemon XD: Catch all three legendary birds with Premier balls in the battle against Greevil... IN THE SAME BATTLE!!

Me: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

*clears challenge*

YEEEESSSSSS!!!

my YES monent.....

getting 2 victini today.... one on black and one on white.... i love these events....

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom