• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

When I found and captured my first Legendary.

So, I had yet another just now. Even better, it's a story of the GTS actually being useful for once.

I'm planning on doing a second run, but this time I'm going to make it a little bit interesting. I'm going to have all three Kalos starters in my party with their hidden abilities. So I'm searching the GTS for a Hidden Ability Chespin. I notice one who only wants a Swablu. I have about 3 or 4 Swablu I've transferred up from Dream Radar, so I figure "why not"?. I'm disappointed to find out that this particular Chespin does not have Bulletproof. I'm a lot less disappointed when I notice it has Pokerus.

The story doesn't end there. While doing further searches, I come upon a guy trading a Chesnaught who wants a Landorus. Ordinarily, I wouldn't even consider that trade, but I recently both got White and reset my Dream Radar save file, so I'll be getting two more soon anyway. When I receive it, it has five IVs and Pokerus again.

Long story short, I got what I was looking for and two pokemon with Pokerus in the bargain, all by taking a chance with the GTS, which has given me nothing but grief in the past.

FINALLY defeating the Elite Four in my Black. Stalled me for two months because I was a rookie at Pokémon. I also saved inbetween battles and kept resetting so to not lose my defeated E4. It was a matter of luck, really. Another moment was in my SoulSilver, I was down to just my Togepi fighting against Morty. After draining all of Gengar's Sucker Punch PP by Metronoming, I spammed Extrasensory until Gengar fainted. 4x effective only did 1/4 of its health! If this was Gen 6, I'd have had my first proper blackout. I lost that cartridge...

My "YES!" moment had to be when I was playing Pokemon Y and finally encountering my first shiny ever. That being a Goomy.

Opponent sends out Chansey carrying eviolite and uses minimize on it, I set up Charizard X with 3 dragon dances and KO said Chansey with one hit.

I was playing triples at Battle Spot rated battles, and I had to face a Mega Manetric and a Lanturn. My last pokemons were Mega Aggron and Sharpedo.

The opponent predicted that I'd probably use Protect on Sharpedo (which I did), so they spammed their last attacks on Mega Aggron.

Mega Aggron survives a direct Thunder AND Scald attack AND delivers an Earthquake to finish them off both. Man, I just love my Silver Boss :D

I caught a shiny in Heartgold (other than the red Gyrados) in the beginning and it definitely made me go YES!!
Then, of course, there's been a lot of ''yes'' moments that I can't remember too.

I was EV/IV training Pokemon on the route with the wingull herd when all of a sudden I find a shiny Bagon. Not only is Bagon one of my favorite Pokemon but it was also the first time I've found a shiny for four or five years.

Whenever I flinch the opponent with an Iron Head or an Air Slash and it wins me the game

Opponent's team has a Galvantula so I know he's gonna lead with it. I lead with Froslass and taunt the Galvantula first turn, preventing him from setting up web. Then, my first ice beam does a little over half his health and freezes him. At that point I was like "Hell yeah! Screw you Galvantula!"

It's been a long time since I've raised a Pokemon to level 100, back in the original Silver version in fact, but my Magmortar has finally reached that milestone. It's been a long road since I caught her as a Magby back in Black 2.

Always figured it'd be my Staraptor (Pearl) or Darmanitan (White) that reached level 100 first, but Magmortar was most often in my party in Y thanks to having Flame Body as an ability.

Just hatched a Chansey, the 718th Pokemon for my National Pokedex. Finally.

I've been playing since Red and Blue, but I've never had a 100% complete Pokedex before. Mostly complete, sure, but until coming to this forum I stood no chance of getting certain event Pokemon.

(And yes, I'm purposely ignoring Gen 6 events.)

I'm currently playing SoulSilver and experienced a minor "YES!" moment during my battle with Morty at the Ecruteak Gym. I had to switch Togetic out since one of two Haunter's had used Curse. Morty sent out Gengar; I sent out my Quilava. Morty's Gengar used Shadow Ball and reduced Quilava to 1 HP. I use Flame Wheel and get a 1-hit KO thanks to a critical hit. These situations have happened to me before, but it's the most recent in memory and made the battle significantly more exhilarating. The gym almost felt like a challenge..!

I also received my Eevee from Bill and was thrilled to find it had a Bold (-Atk, +Def) nature: ideal for an Umbreon. IV wise, it's above average it looks, but not bad at all considering it's not bred. It also has 27 for Defense. Not sure how I should train it. Hp/Def or HP/Def/Sp. Def? So many choices...

I also received my Eevee from Bill and was thrilled to find it had a Bold (-Atk, +Def) nature: ideal for an Umbreon. IV wise, it's above average it looks, but not bad at all considering it's not bred. It also has 27 for Defense. Not sure how I should train it. Hp/Def or HP/Def/Sp. Def? So many choices...

Bold might be better for Vaporeon, but it is still a solid choice for Umbreon (especially if you already have a Water-type Pokémon in your team). You will have to forget about physical attacks with that Eevee if you want to make the most of it. :)

Bold might be better for Vaporeon, but it is still a solid choice for Umbreon (especially if you already have a Water-type Pokémon in your team). You will have to forget about physical attacks with that Eevee if you want to make the most of it. :)

Ah, this is very true. Vaporeon was the definite second choice, as the original team that I had run back in 2001 (the halycon days!) had a Jolteon. The reason why I opted for Umbreon is so that it could run Mean Look/Toxic/Moonlight. I'd like an offensive move for the fourth and final move to give it some attacking capability, but Sunny Day is ever so tempting because it'd both boost my Typhlosion and enhances the HP recovery from Moonlight. Then again, switching out would negate the effects of Mean Look without a baton pass, so I suppose something like Dark Pulse would be best. So many decisions...

Also, I simply love the idea of Typhlosion attacking with STAB, Sunny Day in play, with low HP ... goodness! ;)

Last edited:
I was playing Emerald and I just caught Rayquaza (which I nicknamed "Serpentera") with a timer ball right after it used rest!!! *fist pump*

Taking out an opponent's Volcarona with a suicide Dragon Dance+Flare Blitz Charizard (not mega evolved) combo (long story short: the opponent had Choice scarf Imposter Ditto as their last pokemon, and I had Charizardite X on my Charizard so I didn't want to risk Ditto copying Charizard X). Then trolling the opponent's Ditto with Blissey until it fainted.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom