• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

Caught a Thundurus with the IV spread: 31/25/17/19/31/31 Timid nature and it has Hidden Power Ice.

It was two hours of soft-reseting for one with Hidden Power Ice and i took this one because i was getting really tired of soft-resetting.

Over the last several days of Wonder Trading, I have gotten a level 100 shiny Ho-Oh, a Cobalion and a shiny level 100 Togekiss holding a Pixie Plate. I've also gotten two different Pawniard, both with 4IVs each and Defiant, which makes them great for a future shiny hunt.

All this because I'm trying to devalue the heck out of Custap and Rowap berries. XD

I've gotten Kyogre in Pokémon Shuffle, with Mega Audino, Bulbasaur and I think Espurr. I got lucky in the beginning, being able to Mega-Evolve Audino very quickly. As the combo went on in one turn, I begun to imagine Mr Popo's evil laugh from DBZ the Abridged series >:)

I used the Pokenave to look for an Absol with a life orb and the very first one that was picked up has the life orb and I caught it!

The last month when I was capturing Mesprit but ran out of useful types of balls. So, I had six Dive Balls left and I almost gave up on hope. But persistently I threw one and captured Mesprit. Surprisingly it wasn't a critical capture. Felt like a winner after that one. :D

The last month when I was capturing Mesprit but ran out of useful types of balls. So, I had six Dive Balls left and I almost gave up on hope. But persistently I threw one and captured Mesprit. Surprisingly it wasn't a critical capture. Felt like a winner after that one. :D

I had a similar situation with Mesprit because I forgot to buy more Ultra Balls before going to catch it. I ended up catching it in a Premier Ball. XD

Yesterday I had maybe the most epic (and luckiest) battle I've ever had: PX7W-WWWW-WWXK-WFRZ

In short: After a series of mistakes and mispredictions, I ended with a just Lapras, at 11 HP, against a Suicune around 2/3 HP carrying Snarl. A guaranteed loss.

And then the other player, instead of finishing my Lapras with Snarl, used Scald, activating Water Absorb! My Lapras restored enough HP to use Freeze-Dry twice and end the battle.

I was IV breeding Contrary Snivys just now and one of them hatched shiny. I was like "whoa, didn't see that coming" until I realized that the Snivy I had in the day care was Japanese. I was Masuda Methoding and didn't even realize it. XD

I started playing Pokemon Shuffle and I want to catch every single Pokemon in the game. After failing to catch a Pichu in the first try, I tried again and ended up at 14% catch rate since I messed up somewhere and thought that Pichu will run away again. Instead, I caught Pichu!

After nearly a freaking month of no shinies in my Friend Safari, I got lucky last night and ran into a shiny Lampent with its Hidden Ability. making this even sweeter is the fact that I did some Wonder Trading earlier and somebody Wonder Traded me a shiny female Houndour. Talk about "YES!!".

The best "Yes" moment I've had to date was probably a critical capture with an ultra ball on a Giratina
That was just OMFG YESSS that feeling was perfection

In my X Wonderlocke, I was training a Noibat at the Battle Chateau. I fought a Viscount with an Axew. I managed to get the Axew in the red. Then on the next turn, Axew outsped me due to a Scary Face on turn one, and used Dual Chop.

Noibat survives with 1 HP, then finishes off Axew. Fortunately the Noibat was female; otherwise, it would be taken out due to Axew's Rivalry.

Finding a shiny Cresselia after only 4 hours ... YES!!!
Said Cresselia has a Bold natere ... HELLZ YES!!!!
Stats: 31/8/26/31/31/27 ... WHAT THE?! *%#$& OH YES!!!!!

So I just found a shiny legendary Pokemon that can be used competitively to great effect! :D

The other night I was playing Pokemon shuffle trying to get Kyogre before the event ends. Retry after retry couldn't catch Kyogre because I would run out of turns even though I have my mega, Pichu, Mew, and Bulbasour. I ended up using the -1 complexity and taking out Mew. I ended up getting combo after combo and taking a lot of damage on Kyogre all because I took out Mew from my team and finally caught Kyogre with only 15 minutes left of the event. I was really happy. :D

Finally got that darn Up Grade for my Porygon in my Wonderlocke so it can evolve. Took a ton of toil in the Poké Mileage Club. Now to transfer it into my game.

And before anyone asks, I do allow use of PGL in my run, but only for retrieving certain things. The shop is off limits, for example.

YA!

Got an Eevee from another trainer (I guess wonder trade) and it has the nature I want AND 4 perfect IV's WOW! YES!!!!! Still chaining them with the Dex to get that star potential up also part of my chaining I found a SHINY ONE!!! OMG! Not the nature shitty IVs but I'll level it up to one of the evolutions that look AWESOME Shiny crappy stats OH WELL just in game to "look cool!" OMG! YA! (I do have Shiny Charm not sure how far that lessens your chances so OMG! excited when I found it WOW!) Well on my way to making a team!!!

Maybe I'll have one made by summer or ready to go before Pokemon Z comes out :) I hope with all this hard work these great IV parents etc. etc. transfer over to Gen. 7 and onward. THEY SHOULD with that Bank thing. Come on the competitive scene starts from scratch every generation? I wouldn't think so LoL! I'd be pissed! After putting in all this IV EV training for EACH POKEMON SHEESH!

I was in Battle Spot Doubles, and after a mix of mistakes and bad hax, my opponent had all four team members: an almost healthy but paralyzed Aegislash behind a Substitute and a Gyarados at 75% or something HP, with a Liepard and a Salamence, both very damaged, in the back. I had only a paralyzed Lapras at 60% HP or something, and a healthy Terrakion at -1 Attack due to Intimidate. Now, Aegislash totally walls Terrakion and isn't exactly afraid of Lapras, so I thought on forfeiting. However...

First turn: Lapras uses Hydro Pump on Aegislash, Terrakion uses Rock Slide praying for a flinch. Something better happened: Gyarados ate a critical hit and KO. Aegislash tried to use King's Shield (I noticed because it got back to Shield Forme), but couldn't move due to paralyisis. Lapras' Hydro Pump managed to break the Substitute.

My opponent sent Salamence to Intimidate again. My Terrakion's attack is now lowered at -2.

Second turn: She (or he?) switches Salamence for Liepard. I use Rock Slide again, the chip damage is still enough to KO Liepard. My Lapras couldn't move, but then magic happens again and her Aegislash got flinched and couldn't move either.

Then she sent Salamence again (the only left) to leave my Terrakion at -3... but then she disconnected in frustration. I can't blame her, haha.

Next battle, in a very WTF moment, my opponent forfeited at the second turn for no reason. Now I got past 1600 points for the very first time.

This morning i was in Join Avenue just trying to get more shards from the museums and stuff, and i went to the Lottery shop to pick up my usual PPup or Ultra ball, when the guy says "You've won first prize, a MASTER BALL". :-D

This morning i was in Join Avenue just trying to get more shards from the museums and stuff, and i went to the Lottery shop to pick up my usual PPup or Ultra ball, when the guy says "You've won first prize, a MASTER BALL". :-D

Where do you get ultra balls in the Lottery?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom