• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

I traded off a lot of leftover Shinx (as I am trying to breed for a shiny) over WT, and I got some good hauls, including a 5V Eevee holding an Enigma berry.

Found and caught a shiny while ev training the shiny I had just caught. T'was a good day

I was rearranging my PC when I found my shiny Phione that I never raised. It's not competitively bred and I've never seen anyone use it before. I EV-trained it in HP and stuff and taught it Dazzling Gleam just for the sake of teaching something.

I took it to Free Doubles, and I was matched up against a Weavile and a Machamp. I was about to click Scald when I realized that I could just use Dazzling Gleam to damage both. It didn't do too much (Phione's stats are not exactly good), but then the opponent suddenly switched pokemons like crazy over the next few turns. I think they didn't expect Phione to know Dazzling Gleam and I guessed that maybe they were panicking.

I won so I guess this is a Yes! moment XD

Finally, after a week and a half of searching, I find a shiny Charmeleon.

On a related note, I showed my nephew the shiny Magmar I caught while searching for charmeleon. First thing he says: why does it have a flaming butt on it's head.

Defeating Champion Gary for the first time in RBY.
Defeating Red for the first time in GSC.
Finally Encountering a Munchlax in Platinum.
Defeating Ghetsis in BW.
When Lysandre showed up to battle wearing that ridiculous Mecha outfit. although that was was a YES! out of hilariousness not because of epicness.
When I finally encountered my first Shiny Pokemon.
When I randomly caught a Pokemon with Pokerus.

I bought X this summer (already had Y and OR) just to get a Xerneas with my ID and play through the other story, etc., and I beat the E4 on Thanksgiving day, then caught Mewtwo and Zygarde same day. While trying to hunt down Moltres, I took a detour through Reflection cave, and forgot to put on repel.

*sparkles!* I got my third EVER random encounter shiny, a solosis. Before that, I got a Noctowl in Y, and a Poliwag aaallll the way back in gold, which unfortunately died with the battery.

Also this week, a shiny torchick from wonder trade (#wtw is amazing), and boldore and onix from the same friend safari. Part of me wants to start recording for all the shinies I've been getting in gen VI.

Won a double battle against full legendary team with a non-legendary/non-pseudo team. :D Probably those weren't EV'd/IV'd not sure, but still... it always feels good to spank legendaries with less-strong Pokemon and a fun strategy. I applaud the trainer who battled me though, he didn't disconnect when he lost! :)

So, I honestly didn't know the games existed til like 2010 cause I grew up in third world countries, but I was a huge fan of the original anime run as a kid and was obsessed with Mew since I first knew of his existence. I totally wanted one even though I didn't know about the games. I even had this plastic Mew figure that made the Mew noise when you patted its head that I took with me to college (where it got stolen, boo. Who steals a plastic pokemon thing? Especially since the batteries had died by then...).

Then I finally discovered the games in 2010. Eventually I acquired most of the games, including My Pokemon Ranch. My "YESSSSSSSSSS" moment was the day I finally got to trade an egg to Haley for her Mew. *squee*

While deciding to breed a Venomoth in AS to get certain egg moves for fun, I ended up getting a shiny Venonat in the fourth batch of eggs. That was completely unintentional, even though I knew that one of the Venomoth's breeding partner was a foreign Mon, I wasn't going for a shiny at all. It just happened. That's the second time I got a shiny without intentionally doing so, the first time was when I got a shiny Turtwig, which also happened on the fourth batch of eggs. The icing on the cake was that the shiny Venonat had 4 perfect IVs in all the right places, as well as a great nature. That was also unintentional, as I really could care less about IVs, so that was a nice bonus.

When I became the Kalos Champion in X.

In Pokémon Picross, a puzzle suddenly appeared, so I took it on.

Had to rely on trial and error due to having no compatible Pokémon, as it was 15x20 and all I got were 10x10 ones. And somehow I completed it. The puzzle was for Manaphy.

My Cofagrigus' first battle online. Trained in HP, Def, SpDef. Will-o-wisp to burn the opponent, 3 Iron defenses to maximise Def, Hex remaining life out of opponents, insert protects as needed. Set up well against a Pokemon I can't remeber, opponent sends out Regigigas. I burn Regigigas, he charges Cofagrigus to remove slow start. At this point I panic. This is a full power Regigigas that I can't damage (I was reluctant to switch as Cofagrigus would need to set up again). Turns out Cofagrigus was already too well set up for even Regigigas to deal decent damage on. We stall out Regigigas until its burn kills it. I defeated a very powerful Pokemon WITHOUT attacking (this took like 8 turns). Cofagrigus then set out to defeat 2 or 3 other Pokemon before finally being whittled down.

I took a detour through Reflection cave, and forgot to put on repel.

*sparkles!* I got my third EVER random encounter shiny, a solosis.
Don't use repels kids.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom