• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V

all i really could think of when watchng this episode was this...

[video=youtube;sjwiwcUKK1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjwiwcUKK1c[/video]

If they have XYZ, Syncrho, Fusion and Ritual it should be interesting.

They did show a Synchro monster at the beginning right before all of those Duel Monster advertisements and I remember reading confirmation that this series will include different kinds of monster summoning, rather than focusing on one kind of monsters like the other spin-off series. That still sounds like a welcome breath of fresh air after Zexal was just spamming Xyz monsters left and right with little variety. GX and 5D's focused a lot on Fusions and Synchros respectively as well, but aside from maybe the later arcs of 5D's, it didn't feel as overbearing by comparison. We did see some other kinds of monsters being used every now and then.

I'm still hoping that all of the main characters have a deck that specializes in a particular kind of monster. Yuya's deck could be all about Pendulum Monsters, Yuzu could have Synchros, Reiji could have Fusions, another character could have Xyzs and another character could run with Rituals. It would help to make the duels less tedious. I'd prefer that Yuya wasn't the only one with Pendulum Monsters, or at least he isn't the only one who has those cards for too long, but everyone having different kinds of monsters like that would be so fantastic. It would give some much needed attention to some of the older kind of monsters like Fusions and Rituals too.

My theory right now is that, although Yuya apparently is the one who caused the Pendulum Monsters to appear, duelists across the world had their cards change as well.

And then in the future it will be revealed that it's part of the villain's plot or something.

You know, Arc V didn't disappoint. All I was left to say was WOW!!!!! That was a good beginning, and I"m hoping it is good all the way through. Yuya is likable and interesting with his back story and his goal. I like Yuzu, seriously, after a long time, I think we got ourselves a good female lead.

Yuya's deck is interesting in all seriousness.
I WANT AN DECK FULL OF ANIMALS IN TOPHATS!!!!! His hippo is awesome, and I love what they did with the summoning of Odd Eyes Dragon. The contrast and representation of the Magicians and Dragon to his "fun" card really is nice. Also, DANCING HIPPOS FTW!!!!!!

Oh my Numeron Dragon/Ra, the opening and Ending sound fantastic. I just LOVE the opening, especially how it changes up when the Pendulum Summoning happens and OEPD being ridden and it looks like it is smiling. I LOVE the ending, it catches Arc V well as well.

What I love the most though is that it hooked me like 5ds did, I did enjoy what Zexal gave but it didn't hook me as much, but here I am ready for episode 2.

That's possible that his father knew about the power of the pendant, or at least I could see some connection between its power and his disappearance. As for Yuya winning, that's probably a guarantee. I doubt that they'd want to show him losing the first full duel of the series, especially after he created Pendulum Monsters. Joining the Leo Duel School just for creating a new kind of monster makes sense, but winning with a brand new kind of monster would grab more attention and praise. Besides that, I don't mind the idea of Yuya defeating a champion duelist in the first match of the series. It's not significantly different from Yugi defeating Kaiba in the first episode of DM in that regard. Plus, it's fairly typical for the protagonist to defeat a stronger opponent within the first few episodes in order to give the impression that they're the underdog overcoming challenges. The only cheap part of Yuya's victory would be that it most likely will be due to the Pendulum Monsters that he just magically created. I'm not sure if Yuya would get Strong's title in this match when it seemed more like a random challenge rather than a title match to me, but I haven't read any translations for the episode yet, so I could be mistaken about that.

I'd have no problem if Yuya beating Strong lead to something more, like maybe Strong being desperate for revenge to the point that he becomes a villain. I'd just like if there was more reason to the win plot wise than just glorifying Yuya even more in front of thousands of people, fixing his dad's name so quickly and then getting accepted in a new school he'd likely go into. The outcome I'd like the most is if it ended up in a tie. It would be a first, and maybe at least if Yuya ever ends up facing Strong again to take his title or something instead of a match that was actually made to maybe make Yusho show up, the duel would have more tension. I can see the outcome being similar to Yusei and Jack's first full on-screen duel too, with the duel being interrupted because of the Solid Vision machine malfunctioning or something but the clear winner being Yuya.

Oh and yeah I'm a big fan of other summoning methods being used, I have wanted it since 5D's and now it's the best time to make duelists use different methods instead of just one over 90% of the time. Interestingly enough there were no Xyz cards in the advertisement, so maybe Arc-V's universe is the same one as the first three series, and with no Xyz it could mean that it's only a summon in Zexal's universe only.

I'd have no problem if Yuya beating Strong lead to something more, like maybe Strong being desperate for revenge to the point that he becomes a villain. I'd just like if there was more reason to the win plot wise than just glorifying Yuya even more in front of thousands of people, fixing his dad's name so quickly and then getting accepted in a new school he'd likely go into. The outcome I'd like the most is if it ended up in a tie. It would be a first, and maybe at least if Yuya ever ends up facing Strong again to take his title or something instead of a match that was actually made to maybe make Yusho show up, the duel would have more tension. I can see the outcome being similar to Yusei and Jack's first full on-screen duel too, with the duel being interrupted because of the Solid Vision machine malfunctioning or something but the clear winner being Yuya.

I could see Strong becoming a villain due to becoming so desperate for revenge. Ending the duel in a tie would be something different, but I'm not sure if they'd go that route. Depending on how it's executed, I wouldn't mind it if they did though. I don't think that they'll have the Solid Vision machine malfunctioning unless they want to seriously injure Strong. If the holograms disappear, then he would have a pretty long and hard fall to the ground.

HumanDawn said:
Oh and yeah I'm a big fan of other summoning methods being used, I have wanted it since 5D's and now it's the best time to make duelists use different methods instead of just one over 90% of the time. Interestingly enough there were no Xyz cards in the advertisement, so maybe Arc-V's universe is the same one as the first three series, and with no Xyz it could mean that it's only a summon in Zexal's universe only.

The use of including other kinds of monsters was one of the things I was really hoping Arc-V would have, so I'm quite happy to see that it isn't going to be all Pendulum Monsters all the time. Even though I don't think that there were any Xyz cards in the advertisement either, I doubt that they'll exclude them completely like Zexal did with Synchros. If they are going to bring back Synchros, Fusions, Rituals and even Tribute summoned monsters, then they'll probably include Xyz monsters. They might take awhile to get to them after Zexal spammed Xyz monsters left and right and they'd probably want to focus more on Pendulum monsters, as well as the older kinds of monsters, first. I wouldn't be too surprised if Arc-V, like Zexal, has no solid connection to the first three series. They might want to just keep each series contained in their own universe from now on instead of trying to fit it into the continuity of the first three series. Granted, it's a bit early to say for sure whether or not that will be the case for Arc-V, but I wouldn't be too surprised if that turns out to be the case.

If they have XYZ, Syncrho, Fusion and Ritual it should be interesting.

They did show a Synchro monster at the beginning right before all of those Duel Monster advertisements and I remember reading confirmation that this series will include different kinds of monster summoning, rather than focusing on one kind of monsters like the other spin-off series. That still sounds like a welcome breath of fresh air after Zexal was just spamming Xyz monsters left and right with little variety. GX and 5D's focused a lot on Fusions and Synchros respectively as well, but aside from maybe the later arcs of 5D's, it didn't feel as overbearing by comparison. We did see some other kinds of monsters being used every now and then.

I'm still hoping that all of the main characters have a deck that specializes in a particular kind of monster. Yuya's deck could be all about Pendulum Monsters, Yuzu could have Synchros, Reiji could have Fusions, another character could have Xyzs and another character could run with Rituals. It would help to make the duels less tedious. I'd prefer that Yuya wasn't the only one with Pendulum Monsters, or at least he isn't the only one who has those cards for too long, but everyone having different kinds of monsters like that would be so fantastic. It would give some much needed attention to some of the older kind of monsters like Fusions and Rituals too.

Yeah annoys me that they acted like they weren't a thing in Zexal. Bar Roku who did one fusion and Kite who did one ritual summon as well as a fusion. Think those were the only ones. Anyway, maybe they can have people use a mix, like most people use Synrcho AND XYZ when playing. I use Sycnrho more than XYZ because I prefer that mode of summoning.

They shouldn't have Pendulum as some new thing only he knows though.

and even Tribute summoned monsters

Didn't that guy tribute summon using the two Battleguard monsters?

Is anyone else interested in these guys taking action soon or is it just me?
tumblr_n3mh5vkZ8R1slkrdoo6_250.gif

Seriously they got like 3 seconds of screentime in the opening but I'm really excited to see both of them in action in the near future. Especially Shingo the blonde guy if he does end up being the Joey/Crow/Shark of the series. I mean 3 copies of the same ace monsters I don't think that's happened since Kaiser back in GX. As for Reiji I'm really excited for him too but I'm just hoping that they make him stand out aside from his Kaiba traits.

Btw here are the previews for Episode 3-5.

Episode 3
ダークタウン 奪われたペンデュラム召喚!! Daakutaun Ubawareta Pendyuramu Shoukan!! (Dark Town: The Stolen Pendulum Summon!!)
April 20th, 2014
Yuya, in order to master Pendulum Summoning, Yuya repeatedly Duels against Gongenzaka. But as they fight, a strange shadow approaches Yuya... ...

Episode 4
一筋の希望!!ブロックスパイダーHitosuji no Kibou!! Burokkusu Supaidaa (A Ray of Hope! Block Spider)
April 27th, 2014
In order to save Yuzu and the others who have been kidnapped, Yuya duels Sawatari Shingo. However, he's shocked when he sees his Chronomancy and Astromancy Magicians have been stolen and Shingo's using 'em.

Episode 5
おかしなおっかけ!?「紫雲院素良」おかしなおっかけ!?「紫雲院素良」 Okashina Okkake!? "Shiunin Sora" (A Strange Groupie/Fanboy!? "Shiunin Sora")
May 4th, 2014
A mysterious boy, called Sora, keeps bugging Yuya. Infatuated by Yuya's Entertainment Duels, he wishes to become Yuya's apprentice.

Shingo is apparently the brown-yellow haired kid from the opening with the 3 blank EARTH Monsters.

Yeah annoys me that they acted like they weren't a thing in Zexal. Bar Roku who did one fusion and Kite who did one ritual summon as well as a fusion. Think those were the only ones. Anyway, maybe they can have people use a mix, like most people use Synrcho AND XYZ when playing. I use Sycnrho more than XYZ because I prefer that mode of summoning.

They shouldn't have Pendulum as some new thing only he knows though.

I'm pretty sure that those were the only times they used those kinds of monsters as well. It's too bad that they never showed Synchro monsters since using those along with Xyz monsters kind of fits. D

Muur said:
Didn't that guy tribute summon using the two Battleguard monsters?

He did. I was just saying that if they are going to include all of the older kinds of monsters as the focus of individual decks, then Xyz monsters should appear at some point as well.

As for Shingo, I'm kind of curious about him, especially with the preview information. He and Reiji are the only signs of conflict for the first arc, if the opening theme is any indication at least, so I'm interested to see in where they're going with them and what those three cards are that he's holding. I'm also hoping that Reiji stands out more aside from his Kaiba traits. All the preview information made him sound like a blatant attempt to make their own Kaiba and his design certainly doesn't help either. Still, it all comes down to execution and if he had an interesting personality/development or something that makes him more than just the Kaiba of the series, then that would be good.

I actually think Strong's gonna end up being like Chronos from GX/Ushio from 5Ds, an antagonistical character at first that eventually becomes comedic relief till they start to get along with the MC.

Now that's a cool design.

I'm guessing the three monsters he's holding in the OP might be "Block Spider" which is mentioned in the episode title.

Well, once again Arc V entertains. XD

I love the fact that Yuya himself does not know how it works, and gets obliterated by Yuzu, that was funny to see. It seems interesting that Yuya was in some sort of trance when he did do the summoning.
What I want to know is how Reiji could keep a straight face after seeing all these funny Yuya pictures, he is SO serious through the analysis of Yuya.

I wouldn't really call Yuzu a great duelist at this point since Yuya played like an idiot the entire game because he didn't know how to use pendulums properly.

According to V-Jump, Reiji's key-card is named DDD Seihaou Kaiser (Caesar the Conqueror), and he has his own Pendulum Monsters in DD Proud Ogre and Proud Chevalier. Apparently, he also has Entermate Monsters like Yuya, Heitiger and Jinrhino.

I wouldn't really call Yuzu a great duelist at this point since Yuya played like an idiot the entire game because he didn't know how to use pendulums properly.

I wouldn't say that he was an idiot throughout the entire game. He had no memory of how he could Pendulum Summon and was just going with what little he knew based off watching the match on TV. He was going with the logic that putting two monsters on the scale and summoning out the rest of his hands would work since that's what happened before. The number on their scales didn't really up during the match, I think, and believing that he needed to be in a tight spot in order for it to work also made sense given that's what happened before. Both were completely wrong, obviously, but I wouldn't say it was idiotic given the circumstances. At least there was some logic to his misplays, which is more than I could say for Yuma when Zexal started. If Yuya ever tries to make some of the really bad plays that Yuma would make, such as attacking with a weaker monster with no strategy behind it, then I'd say that he played like an idiot.

As for the episode, I really liked it. Yuya defeating Strong was expected not only because of it's the first full duel of the series, but also because of the Pendulum Monsters' effects. After I read their effects, I figured that Yuya would win in that one turn. What did throw me off was Yuya apparently not having any memory of winning the duel. He was clearly surprised with his victory and later couldn't remember how to Pendulum Summon. That is an interesting twist. Maybe it has something to do with the magic pendant. I also liked how they were establishing a sense of mystery through Pendulum Summon. It got the attention of not only the system that monitors the duels, but also Reiji. Higher ups reacting to this new form of summoning, along with Yuya not being able to remember how he pulled it off, creates a mystery around it that makes me really curious as to where they're going with it. That's a really good way to help the audience feel engaged in the first few episodes. My guess is that Pendulum Summon was created, but never released to the general public for some most likely plot related reason.

I also liked the duel between Yuya and Yuzu. They put on such a show and it was kind of fun to watch. Even with Yuya being unable to use Pendulum Monsters correctly, Yuzu still had pretty decent skills, some nice looking monsters and got a victory against the main lead in the second episode. I really like her potential. She has a fairly nice personality and at least at this point, she doesn't revolve around the main lead. So, just give her some solid character development and make her active throughout the series and I'd be happy.

The crowd thinking that Yuya had cheated also kind of made sense given what they knew. A new kind of monster summon that they never heard of before worked against the Champion, but not in another duel. The fact that Yuya's father has a poor reputation doesn't help matters either. At least Yuya's friends were encouraging him at the end, so that was nice. I also liked the lead-in to the next episode with Shindo being hired to track Yuya. He is one of the few signs of conflict in the opening theme, so I'm curious about how they'll handle him.

Also, Arc-V is going to have a one-shot chapter covering Yuya vs. Reiji. I'm personally way more excited for the one shot GX chapter that's going to be released as well, but the Arc-V one shot sounds good too. A regular Arc-V manga series is inevitable, but I wonder when that will happen.

I actually saw an interesting theory regarding Yuya and his Pendulum Summon...he self-hypnotized himself when the pendulum was swinging back and forth, thus why he seemed to enter a "trance".

This episode was really nice! Despite the win on Ishijima I liked how Yuya didn't really master Pendulum Summoning, and that his father's name wasn't restored either. It would be a fitting end for the first season if Yuya dueled Ishijima again in a greater, more important duel but they both used Pendulum Summoning instead to make things more fair. I also liked the new music tracks in the episode. Yuzu's monsters looked really pretty and well designed too. I was told by somebody that her monsters would likely be musical monsters because of the musical note on her collar so it's not much of a surprise, and the effect her monster had of inflicting 800 damage if they fail to do any battle damage makes me wonder if all her monsters have effects that sort of counter the cards used in Action Duels.

Yuzu played decently, but it's hard to take her win seriously when her opponent practically served her the Duel on a silver-platter. Not trying to deny she won, but I'd prefer if both players where at their best.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom