• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shark being a Barian was like Rei turning out to be Vector. People could see it from a mile away, but the actual thing was still cool.

I don't think that the dragged out Shark being a Barian compared to Rei being Vector. It was painfully obvious for a pretty long time. Shark being a Barian had some hints throughout the series, but they revealed it about halfway through the Legendary Numbers arc, as opposed to the end of it. Plus, I think that they did a pretty good job with Shark dealing with realizing the truth and showing how much it affected him. I still wish that they had done something like that with Rio though.

The death scene was good imo. I didn't care too much for either of the Kite or Mizar but the death was a touching scene. Yuma crying was expected and a bit overdone at this point but seeing Mizar cry too was a nice touch. Now onto Vector VS Nasch. I'm interested to see this one. It wasn't really built up as long as most other things due to how recently their true connection was revealed but imo this will be the most satisfying duel of the arc so far.

I like how Vector will be using C102 and C103 along with his neglected C104. It will be good to see Vector's funny evil attitude and Nasch's hateful reaction towards him and I am interested to see how Vector summoning 65 and C65 will effect him considering the connection it has to him.

The death scene was good imo. I didn't care too much for either of the Kite or Mizar but the death was a touching scene. Yuma crying was expected and a bit overdone at this point but seeing Mizar cry too was a nice touch. Now onto Vector VS Nasch. I'm interested to see this one. It wasn't really built up as long as most other things due to how recently their true connection was revealed but imo this will be the most satisfying duel of the arc so far.

I like how Vector will be using C102 and C103 along with his neglected C104. It will be good to see Vector's funny evil attitude and Nasch's hateful reaction towards him and I am interested to see how Vector summoning 65 and C65 will effect him considering the connection it has to him.

I think that the main reason why Yuma crying might come off as a bit overdone at this point is because of how they've killed off so many characters in a short amount of time. The fact that he didn't really have much of a strong connection to any of the them besides III and Alit doesn't help either. I still think that the only believable friendships he has are with Astral, Shark and to a lesser extent III. Despite how much I don't care for Yuma, I can't really get annoyed or upset with how much he's crying. Even with how lackluster, at best, most of his connections to the characters who have died had been, he does value friendship and losing so many people in a short amount of time would have an emotional impact on him, especially when he already lost his parents. I agree that the death was handled well.

I am curious about how Vector vs. Nasch will go. I have a feeling that Vector will win so that he can absorb another Barian, which will lead into Don Thousand absorbing Vector for fully resurrect himself, but I'd prefer Nasch winning since that would be a more unexpected twist.

Tbh I'm expecting Nasch to win considering how the entire arc seems to be pointing to Nasch and Yuma having that one last climactic duel. Personally I think it would be a shock if Yuma and Astral defeat Don Thousand before having to have the final climactic duel with Nasch.

Topic question: Who do you think is the strongest of the Seven Barian Emperors?

I've been meaning to comment on the last couple of episodes earlier, but I've been a bit busy. I did enjoy Nasch vs. Vector. The first half dragged on a bit and the duel had a weak start, but it did end with a good cliffhanger. Learning about Vector's true past was pretty good and apparently the Rei personality is what he used to be basically. I was worried that they were going to redeem him and they did set it up pretty well for that to happen, but they kept Vector as a hilarious troll instead and I honestly think that makes much more sense than redeeming him. Even with Don Thousand manipulating him arguably more than all of the other Barians, it would seem like a weak way to downplay all of the terrible things he has done in both of his lives. Plus, I think his self before Don Thousand manipulated him is pretty much dead at this point and this is the true Vector now. Vector's acting was pretty convincing, much more so than when he was Rei in my opinion.

The duel was better in its second half, although getting Chaos Number 5 without its normal Number was weird and I don't know where Nasch's Quick Play Spell came from, but it was more engaging and seeing Nasch win was great. I was worried that Vector would win somehow, but it makes much more sense for Nasch to win, especially if Don Thousand does end up absorbing him. I don't quite like Yuma referring to Vector as Shingetsu during the preview since I think he's being way too forgiving of Vector, even with his true memories in mind. Then again, Yuma forgives everything pretty easily. I do hope that when Vector goes down, he goes down like the hammy troll that he is instead of trying to redeem him at the last minute.

I've been really interested with what's going on on Zexal, the last few episodes have been really keeping wanting me for them to not stop because of all the cool stuff that's happening in them. I loved the action and revelations in the duel, and I'm not surprised Vector was the complete opposite to what he is now. I went to read translations about his past and I honestly laughed at how past Vector isn't in the slightest like the present Vector. The acting of him pretending to be innocent was more convincing, although with how it was built-up and how he changed too much instantly is was sort of a dead give away he was lying. Besides, I don't think the present Vector would care that he was a nice person in the past. I don't think past Vector's personality was like Rei's, he was just a nice prince that wanted peace instead of war, he even sounded a lot more calm and mature although past Vector could just be a few years older and naturally be more mature than Rei. I'd have liked to see more of his personality actually.

I'm actually not sure if Yuma was being forgiving by calling Vector Shingetsu, it just could be how he calls him when he's in human form. Maybe after it has been so long and how worse stuff has happened than what Vector did, he might not care that much any more. I still doubt there's any chance that Vector can be redeemed too, he's had his chance, and if the ending theme means anything with him not being with the other Barians in their human form along with everyone else then he's likely just going to be permanently killed through Don Thousands power. I doubt Yuma would even revive him if he could too.

Speaking of Rei, it turns out that in the WDC 3DS game him and Vector no connection, and I think they talked to each other alone like as if they first met. It's strange although the game is set on a alternate universe so the producers for it probably had more freedom.

I've been really interested with what's going on on Zexal, the last few episodes have been really keeping wanting me for them to not stop because of all the cool stuff that's happening in them. I loved the action and revelations in the duel, and I'm not surprised Vector was the complete opposite to what he is now. I went to read translations about his past and I honestly laughed at how past Vector isn't in the slightest like the present Vector. The acting of him pretending to be innocent was more convincing, although with how it was built-up and how he changed too much instantly is was sort of a dead give away he was lying. Besides, I don't think the present Vector would care that he was a nice person in the past. I don't think past Vector's personality was like Rei's, he was just a nice prince that wanted peace instead of war, he even sounded a lot more calm and mature although past Vector could just be a few years older and naturally be more mature than Rei. I'd have liked to see more of his personality actually.

The main differences between Rei personality and how Vector used to be is that he wasn't as energetic, but they seemed to be similar enough to me and I think that they even make that claim in the episode too. In retrospect, the fact that they were setting up another character death within the first half of the episode should have been more of a tip-off that it was an act, but Vector's acting and the tone of the scene in general just fooled me completely.

HumanDawn said:
I'm actually not sure if Yuma was being forgiving by calling Vector Shingetsu, it just could be how he calls him when he's in human form. Maybe after it has been so long and how worse stuff has happened than what Vector did, he might not care that much any more. I still doubt there's any chance that Vector can be redeemed too, he's had his chance, and if the ending theme means anything with him not being with the other Barians in their human form along with everyone else then he's likely just going to be permanently killed through Don Thousands power. I doubt Yuma would even revive him if he could too.

He hasn't called Vector Shingetsu since he revealed his plan, so it does give the impression that he forgives him, or at least doesn't hold it against him. There was a translation of the preview where Yuma tells Vector, referring to him as Shingetsu, that they could start over together, which would basically be another attempt to appeal to Vector before he dies out of the friendship he did feel for him as Rei. It's probably more like Yuma doesn't hold any grudges and feeling bad for Vector after seeing who he used to be rather than not caring about what he did anymore, even though his grudge would be pretty justified at this point. Vector has continued to harm his friends with no remorse and what he did to him and Astral was pretty bad, even though Yuma falling for the trick in the first place places at least some blame on him too. They did have a chance to redeem him here and didn't do it. Vector smiling with the other characters during the ending theme would be out of place, but that might be an indicator that he dies along with Don Thousand considering that pretty much every other character in the series is present there.

HumanDawn said:
Speaking of Rei, it turns out that in the WDC 3DS game him and Vector no connection, and I think they talked to each other alone like as if they first met. It's strange although the game is set on a alternate universe so the producers for it probably had more freedom.

I have heard about that, along with some of the other storylines for various characters. It sounds pretty interesting. It would be cool if the game had a release outside of Japan at some point this year.

The main differences between Rei personality and how Vector used to be is that he wasn't as energetic, but they seemed to be similar enough to me and I think that they even make that claim in the episode too. In retrospect, the fact that they were setting up another character death within the first half of the episode should have been more of a tip-off that it was an act, but Vector's acting and the tone of the scene in general just fooled me completely.

Yeah they made a claim about their similarities, but I think it was only referring to how nice past Vector was, nothing about how overly energetic he could be. Considering how differently the other Barians acted it was natural to expect it would happen the same for Vector, so it was nicely set up, but Vector being the kind of person to not really care about such things like the past or give his life away gave me a lot of doubts. Him rebelling against Don Thousand was great. I like how Nasch only ended up attacking Vector because it didn't matter to him because he already threw his humanity away.

He hasn't called Vector Shingetsu since he revealed his plan, so it does give the impression that he forgives him, or at least doesn't hold it against him. There was a translation of the preview where Yuma tells Vector, referring to him as Shingetsu, that they could start over together, which would basically be another attempt to appeal to Vector before he dies out of the friendship he did feel for him as Rei.

Ohhhhh yeah you're right I think he called him Vector back in that temple were Vector got his legendary numbers card. I haven't read the preview's translation but that's really lame that he's still trying. I can see a sad send off for Vector, but one along the lines of him being horrible and that's how he ended up living his life. If they try any more than that I expect his past personality to actually come back and say how it was unfortunate that he's been such a big shit as a Barian.

It's probably more like Yuma doesn't hold any grudges and feeling bad for Vector after seeing who he used to be rather than not caring about what he did anymore, even though his grudge would be pretty justified at this point. Vector has continued to harm his friends with no remorse and what he did to him and Astral was pretty bad, even though Yuma falling for the trick in the first place places at least some blame on him too. They did have a chance to redeem him here and didn't do it. Vector smiling with the other characters during the ending theme would be out of place, but that might be an indicator that he dies along with Don Thousand considering that pretty much every other character in the series is present there.

Yeah, I guess after Yuma understands what Vector has really been through he could be accepting of him, but it depends on if Yuma views Vector lying again as a cause of being manipulated enough to make Vector do it of his own will without knowing any better. I don't think it would be too out of place, they could just put his Rei self their to mash with the group. It would be strange but not that out of place.

I have heard about that, along with some of the other storylines for various characters. It sounds pretty interesting. It would be cool if the game had a release outside of Japan at some point this year.

That would be a lot translation work for all the cards and 40 storylines, but I could see them trying to give it a western release since a Duel simulator would be unique for the 3DS. I'd like to know how well it did sales wise but I can't seem to find how much it sold.

#spoilers for the last episode of zexal #although maybe not really
Zexal is ending at 146 episodes, which is just 8 episodes less than 5D's. Yuma dueling Astral something we thought would happen before Zexal even started, so I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
It seems Vector had a bit of redemption in the end. Whatever I guess I don't like it but at least it was brief. But if they ever revive him I hope they revive him without all the evil Vector memories he had.

lol at Mizar getting NTK. Don Thousand is a cheater to the highest degree like expected and I totally called Nasch being the final Baian Yuma faced right from when the arc began.

I thought that this week's episode was okay. I'm not too happy with the decision to give Vector a sad sendoff. It looked more like they were showing that he still had a bit of humanity left in him rather than redeeming him completely, but either way, I would have preferred Vector going down as his trollish self. Even though past Vector was more kind and gentle and troll Vector was the result of Don Thousand's influence, Vector fooling everyone in the previous episode showed that that Vector was long gone and for all we know, troll Vector was the real deal at this point. I'm not too surprised that they went that route since this is a Yu-Gi-Oh! series and friendship is magic that fixes pretty much everything, but it was kind of disappointing. If they do revive him with all of the other characters, then I wouldn't be too surprised if they do wipe out his memories so that he can start fresh as Rei. I think that they were hinting to that with some of Yuma's lines here.

I couldn't really find myself to care about Misael's death. He was basically the Aporia to Don Thousand's Z-ONE in terms of being a sacrificial lamb to show the protagonists how powerful the final boss is. Plus, he's one of the least interesting Barians, along with Girag and Durbe. I'm almost tempted to put Merag under that list too, but she was more wasted potential than boring. Alit at least had personality that could make him fun to watch, Vector was an entertaining villain and Nasch has his whole conflict about being a Barian, despite thinking he was human for so long. The only thing Misael really had going for him was his rivalry with Kaito and that was pretty weak. The whole believing in others was pretty underwhelming due to how boring he was.

I did like Don Thousand's design and voice. He was ridiculously overpowered though. From what I've understood, there's at least some reasoning for it besides being the overpowered final boss. The Earth and Barian World are merged and since the Numeron Code is on Earth somewhere, he can use its powers, or something like that. He's also basically the god of the Barian World. The effect is still broken as heck, but there's at least some more reason behind it than usual.

I'm also officially tired of the special ending montage whenever characters die now. It worked great with Astral since that was the first time and pretty unexpected. It worked well enough for the Arclights, but with every other time, it just comes off as way too overdone. It especially annoyed me when they tried to make Vector's death look more sad than I honestly think it should have been given everything he's done. It also seems too emotionally manipulative after pulling that stunt so many times. It comes off more like they're trying to make the audience feel more sad with the montages more than the actual deaths. That's one of my major issues with this arc. The deaths don't have a lot of emotional weight to them. Aside from Kaito's and maybe IV's deaths, I don't think that they've been handled too well and in most cases, it feels like they're trying to kill off as many characters as possible in a single episode rather than make any of their deaths have meaning. The fact that I don't consider almost any of the characters who have died to be interesting or fleshed out doesn't help matters either. The overplayed special montage during the ending theme just seems like another attempt to make the audience feel sad without provide enough attention to individual characters' deaths.

As for the preview information:

I was think that they wouldn't have Nasch vs. Yuma, but I also was under the impression that Nasch would be absorbed by Don Thousand during the match. That should be pretty interesting to see. Yuma vs. Astral is something that everyone knew was coming, although I'm not sure why they'd have to duel. It probably has something to do with the Numeron Code. I have heard rumors about another episode airing after 146, even though its title and description really give off a series finale vibe to it. We'll have to wait and see if that's true later on. Either way, I'm hoping that we'll get more Arc-V news soon.

Nasch vs Yuma was painfully obvious honestly. It was anticipated ever since Shark was revealed as a Barian. The beginning of the arc and the opening shot of demonic Nasch standing over a downed Yuma and Astral hinted that they would have dueled. Them having Nasch get absorbed would have been extremely anti-climatic and while the ZEXAL writers aren't the best they are smart enough to know how much meaning this final battle has.

Nasch vs Yuma was painfully obvious honestly. It was anticipated ever since Shark was revealed as a Barian. The beginning of the arc and the opening shot of demonic Nasch standing over a downed Yuma and Astral hinted that they would have dueled. Them having Nasch get absorbed would have been extremely anti-climatic and while the ZEXAL writers aren't the best they are smart enough to know how much meaning this final battle has.

I thought that was Don Thousand, not a demonic version of Nasch in the opening. It would have been anticlimactic if Nasch had been absorbed since they still need to resolve his subplot, but I did think that that was a possibility for some reason.

I think that one reason why Yuma and Nasch are dueling Don Thousand together is to show that the Astral and Barian Worlds need to combine together. We've already seen how separating the power of Chaos from the Astral World has led to negative consequences for both it and the Barian World, so by having Yuma and Nasch defeat Don Thousand together, it shows that the power of both worlds need to be together. That's my guess at least.

This episode was nice to watch, I liked the animation and story progression, and Don Thousand's strategy is probably one of the most unique one we've seen in ages. I like the design and his arrogant facial expression, it's kind of amusing to look at. Some of his hair reminds me of Yuma's... It would be kind of hilarious if Don Thousand somehow was Yuma's father because it would make me think of what happened in Star Wars.

I thought that this week's episode was okay. I'm not too happy with the decision to give Vector a sad sendoff. It looked more like they were showing that he still had a bit of humanity left in him rather than redeeming him completely, but either way, I would have preferred Vector going down as his trollish self. Even though past Vector was more kind and gentle and troll Vector was the result of Don Thousand's influence, Vector fooling everyone in the previous episode showed that that Vector was long gone and for all we know, troll Vector was the real deal at this point. I'm not too surprised that they went that route since this is a Yu-Gi-Oh! series and friendship is magic that fixes pretty much everything, but it was kind of disappointing.

Yeah, I thought that it was a wise move for Yuma to try saving Vector, because if Don Thousand hadn't took Vector in he wouldn't be so powerful. I actually don't view what Vector did as a sad send off even if it was probably the aim, because despite not pulling Yuma in, he ended up letting Don Thousand suck him in by letting go of Yuma's arm. So, he actually just made everything harder for everyone.

If they do revive him with all of the other characters, then I wouldn't be too surprised if they do wipe out his memories so that he can start fresh as Rei. I think that they were hinting to that with some of Yuma's lines here.

Which lines? That makes sense, since past Vector was good.

I couldn't really find myself to care about Misael's death. He was basically the Aporia to Don Thousand's Z-ONE in terms of being a sacrificial lamb to show the protagonists how powerful the final boss is.

At least Aporia put more of a fight in his duel... That was just really weak of Mizael and I don't know why he didn't just attack with those dragons.

From what I've understood, there's at least some reasoning for it besides being the overpowered final boss. The Earth and Barian World are merged and since the Numeron Code is on Earth somewhere, he can use its powers, or something like that.

That's it, I think.

I'm also officially tired of the special ending montage whenever characters die now. It worked great with Astral since that was the first time and pretty unexpected. It worked well enough for the Arclights, but with every other time, it just comes off as way too overdone. It especially annoyed me when they tried to make Vector's death look more sad than I honestly think it should have been given everything he's done. It also seems too emotionally manipulative after pulling that stunt so many times. It comes off more like they're trying to make the audience feel more sad with the montages more than the actual deaths. That's one of my major issues with this arc. The deaths don't have a lot of emotional weight to them. Aside from Kaito's and maybe IV's deaths, I don't think that they've been handled too well and in most cases, it feels like they're trying to kill off as many characters as possible in a single episode rather than make any of their deaths have meaning. The fact that I don't consider almost any of the characters who have died to be interesting or fleshed out doesn't help matters either. The overplayed special montage during the ending theme just seems like another attempt to make the audience feel sad without provide enough attention to individual characters' deaths.

Wait, isn't it a tribute instead of a sad montage? That's what it came off as to me. I don't see the problem with giving them a tribute, even after it has lost its appeal after being used so many times.

This episode was nice to watch, I liked the animation and story progression, and Don Thousand's strategy is probably one of the most unique one we've seen in ages. I like the design and his arrogant facial expression, it's kind of amusing to look at. Some of his hair reminds me of Yuma's... It would be kind of hilarious if Don Thousand somehow was Yuma's father because it would make me think of what happened in Star Wars.

I really like his design. He looks like an older version of Number 96 and considering it was a piece of him that mixed with Astral, that makes sense. The long hair also looks pretty nice. Don Thousand being Yuma's father somehow would be pretty weird. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some connection between them because his hair does look like a longer and less pointed version of Yuma's hair. Yuma's father is still in the Astral World, but he has also been well aware of events Yuma has been dealing with, like when his messages in the Astral World knew that he was looking for Astral and that he only had a short amount of time before it was too late to save him.

HumanDawn said:
Yeah, I thought that it was a wise move for Yuma to try saving Vector, because if Don Thousand hadn't took Vector in he wouldn't be so powerful. I actually don't view what Vector did as a sad send off even if it was probably the aim, because despite not pulling Yuma in, he ended up letting Don Thousand suck him in by letting go of Yuma's arm. So, he actually just made everything harder for everyone.

While it's true that Don Thousand wouldn't have been able to regain his true form without absorbing Vector, I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the reason Yuma tried to save Vector. He wanted to save him because he still viewed him as Shingetsu, at least after seeing how he used to be before Don Thousand took over him, wanted to protect him and was even okay with Vector trying to take him along for the ride because he wouldn't be alone. Yuma was basically being the Messiah figure there since he was forgiving to Vector to an extreme level, despite how Vector hadn't really done anything to make that forgiveness more warranted. He did make things harder for everyone by allowing himself to be absorbed, but the way Yuma's kindness affected him, even to the point where he referred to him as Yuma-kun without faking it again, and decided to let go instead of letting Yuma being absorbed too gave me the impression that there was a bit of humanity left in him to not let Yuma suffer the same fate he was going to deal with.

HumanDawn said:
Which lines? That makes sense, since past Vector was good.

I think it was some of the lines from Yuma when he was trying to help Vector and how he kept saying that Rei was his real self. If they wanted to give all of the Barians a happy ending, which I can see them doing, wiping Vector's memories clean so that he can be Rei is probably the best choice they have for him.

HumanDawn said:
At least Aporia put more of a fight in his duel... That was just really weak of Mizael and I don't know why he didn't just attack with those dragons.

That's certainly true and Aporia had better characterization and a more sympathetic backstory. I think that there was one Spell card he used that allowed him to summon out another monster at the cost of his battle phase. That's why he used the Spell card that would have taken them both out at the end. Even if he did attack with his dragons, Don Thousand would have just changed what monsters he had summoned.

HumanDawn said:
Wait, isn't it a tribute instead of a sad montage? That's what it came off as to me. I don't see the problem with giving them a tribute, even after it has lost its appeal after being used so many times.

The tribute came off as an attempt to make the audience feel sad about his death. Losing its appeal after being used many times is a problem and trying to make the audience feel more sad by giving them a special ending montage just comes off as a weak attempt to make the deaths more sad rather than more meaningful.

I really like his design. He looks like an older version of Number 96 and considering it was a piece of him that mixed with Astral, that makes sense.

I thought he looked like Dark Mist and Elphias combined.

Don Thousand being Yuma's father somehow would be pretty weird. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some connection between them because his hair does look like a longer and less pointed version of Yuma's hair. Yuma's father is still in the Astral World, but he has also been well aware of events Yuma has been dealing with, like when his messages in the Astral World knew that he was looking for Astral and that he only had a short amount of time before it was too late to save him.

Speaking of Kazuma, didn't he say that for the Numeron to be found all the legendary numbers were needed? It looked like to me that only Mizael's legendary number helped with the Numeron code.

While it's true that Don Thousand wouldn't have been able to regain his true form without absorbing Vector, I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the reason Yuma tried to save Vector. He wanted to save him because he still viewed him as Shingetsu, at least after seeing how he used to be before Don Thousand took over him, wanted to protect him and was even okay with Vector trying to take him along for the ride because he wouldn't be alone. Yuma was basically being the Messiah figure there since he was forgiving to Vector to an extreme level, despite how Vector hadn't really done anything to make that forgiveness more warranted. He did make things harder for everyone by allowing himself to be absorbed, but the way Yuma's kindness affected him, even to the point where he referred to him as Yuma-kun without faking it again, and decided to let go instead of letting Yuma being absorbed too gave me the impression that there was a bit of humanity left in him to not let Yuma suffer the same fate he was going to deal with.

Oh I know it wasn't the reason, but it was still a wise move in the end considering how Don Thousand would be able to become stronger. Yeah, and that bit of humanity left in Vector had destroyed any chance of saving him and preventing Don Thousand from regaining his true form. Instead of working with them to atone himself, he just let himself be absorbed and endangering their lives further.

That's certainly true and Aporia had better characterization and a more sympathetic backstory. I think that there was one Spell card he used that allowed him to summon out another monster at the cost of his battle phase. That's why he used the Spell card that would have taken them both out at the end. Even if he did attack with his dragons, Don Thousand would have just changed what monsters he had summoned.

But if he attacked with his dragons, I don't think he would be able to change what monsters he had summoned. That should only be able to happen once they're summoned. In the end I doubt it would have made a difference, since he'd probably have another trap card in his deck to use.

The tribute came off as an attempt to make the audience feel sad about his death. Losing its appeal after being used many times is a problem and trying to make the audience feel more sad by giving them a special ending montage just comes off as a weak attempt to make the deaths more sad rather than more meaningful.

I didn't feel any sadness, and I didn't take it as an attempt for me to feel sad. It's more of a tribute and it definitely wasn't a sad montage because the scenes consisted of what their characters had going on for them, their past lives, their dueling, their personality, and in the end their last moment before being absorbed by Don Thousand. I'd prefer getting that instead of the usual ending.

Speaking of Kazuma, didn't he say that for the Numeron to be found all the legendary numbers were needed? It looked like to me that only Mizael's legendary number helped with the Numeron code.

I don't remember if he said that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Misael's Legendary Number was important to get a key to the Numeron Code, but I don't know if any of the other Legendary Numbers could be that important to gaining the Numeron Code.

HumanDawn said:
Oh I know it wasn't the reason, but it was still a wise move in the end considering how Don Thousand would be able to become stronger. Yeah, and that bit of humanity left in Vector had destroyed any chance of saving him and preventing Don Thousand from regaining his true form. Instead of working with them to atone himself, he just let himself be absorbed and endangering their lives further.

I think when Yuma's extreme kindness finally affected Vector, he realized that he couldn't atone for himself. Or at least I doubt he thought that was a possibility at that point. He had done terrible things and even when he realized that his memories had been altered, he didn't care and still acted like a huge troll trying to fool everyone with absolutely no regret. Even with that bit of humanity sparked inside of him, I don't think he would have thought about trying to atone for his behavior and help Yuma face Don Thousand. It would have felt really forced by that point. Plus, he probably knew that Yuma couldn't pull him away. The part of the ground that Yuma was holding onto was already starting to crack and if it did break off, then they both would have been absorbed and then the chances of defeating Don Thousand would have been even smaller. By letting go of Yuma's had and allowing himself to be absorbed, I don't think that Vector intended to make things more difficult for Yuma, but rather prevent him from sacrificing himself so that he could face Don Thousand.

HumanDawn said:
But if he attacked with his dragons, I don't think he would be able to change what monsters he had summoned. That should only be able to happen once they're summoned. In the end I doubt it would have made a difference, since he'd probably have another trap card in his deck to use.

It's hard to say that he should only be able to do that once they're summoned. For all we know, Don Thousand can change his opponents' cards whenever he wants to, regardless of the phase of their turn. Plus, there's still the issue that Misael summoned one of those monsters at the cost of his battle phase. He could have tried to go for a direct attack with different monsters, but I doubt it would had made a difference too given that he could have used a Trap card to stop his monsters and defeat Misael in one turn anyway.

HumanDawn said:
I didn't feel any sadness, and I didn't take it as an attempt for me to feel sad. It's more of a tribute and it definitely wasn't a sad montage because the scenes consisted of what their characters had going on for them, their past lives, their dueling, their personality, and in the end their last moment before being absorbed by Don Thousand. I'd prefer getting that instead of the usual ending.

I took it as an attempt to make the audience feel sad to show them in both their human and Barian lives and focusing on Vector as Rei to drive the point home that he was friends with Yuma to his death sad. It wasn't the worse or most forced attempt to make the audience feel sad for a character's death. I've seen it handled worse in other shows with weaker characterizations, but this still came off as a pretty clear attempt to make the audience feel bad by showing how they used to be to emphasize that they're dead. I'd much rather get the usual ending at this point since doing character tributes during the ending theme isn't really effective anymore due to how overused the concept is. At least we'd get to see a bit more of the next episode during the regular ending theme.

@Hidden Mew This is the image that made me believe that Nasch would be Yuma and Astral's final opponent.
0.jpg

Nasch's more menacing aura in this shot made me believe that he would be the last opponent for symbolic reasons. He was Yuma and Astral's first and final opponent as a team and it would have a lot more of a symbolic meaning if he was the last foe rather then Don Thousand.

Regarding the most recent episode: I felt bad for Vector and I was pleased that Yuma tried to save him at least. I also liked Don Thousand's new forms, especially his glowing form before he won against Mizael. Seeing Mizael get trolled was actually fun. I still don't like him even if he was redeemed. And seeing Don Thousand trolling Yuma with Numeron Rewriting Xyz and replacing Utopia with Ganbara Knight was funny.

@Hidden Mew This is the image that made me believe that Nasch would be Yuma and Astral's final opponent.
0.jpg

Nasch's more menacing aura in this shot made me believe that he would be the last opponent for symbolic reasons. He was Yuma and Astral's first and final opponent as a team and it would have a lot more of a symbolic meaning if he was the last foe rather then Don Thousand.

Oh, I could never tell that was Nasch. I thought it was Don Thousand again. It's one of the last few images from the opening, so it's hard to get all of the details from just watching the episodes. Nasch being the final opponent that Yuma and Astral face together would have a more personal meaning than Don Thousand being their final opponent. Dueling Shark is what allowed Yuma and Astral to meet, so it does work pretty nicely on that level.

Oh, I could never tell that was Nasch. I thought it was Don Thousand again. It's one of the last few images from the opening, so it's hard to get all of the details from just watching the episodes. Nasch being the final opponent that Yuma and Astral face together would have a more personal meaning than Don Thousand being their final opponent. Dueling Shark is what allowed Yuma and Astral to meet, so it does work pretty nicely on that level.

I agree. I'm interested in how Nasch will pull out all Number C10Xs, a new CXYZ and Black Ray Lancer. Nacsh deck now is already inconsistent with levels but seeing him pull out all that stuff will make it more obvious. I hope he at least Ranks Up Shark Drake but more for my own reasons rather then for plot reasons.

Regarding the most recent episode: I felt bad for Vector and I was pleased that Yuma tried to save him at least. I also liked Don Thousand's new forms, especially his glowing form before he won against Mizael. Seeing Mizael get trolled was actually fun. I still don't like him even if he was redeemed. And seeing Don Thousand trolling Yuma with Numeron Rewriting Xyz and replacing Utopia with Ganbara Knight was funny.

I agree. Mizar kinda had it coming to him bu I wish it was Kite getting trolled like that instead. I just feel Kite got killed off to avoid handing him another defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom