• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Zelda: Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDarkrai

Pokemon Wifi Trainer
Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one made a thead on this let. This is my personal favorite Zelda game that I like the dark themes, music, and the masks.

This game is the best game in the series. The fact it's not a straight run to get 100% like others, you have to focus on sidequests rather then dungeons for that. Not as dark as Link's Awakening though, since you actually save everyone rather then cause them all to die.

It seems I'm not alone in saying this game is probably my favorite of the series, edging out even Wind Waker due to the large number of sidequests. That feeling that you're helping people who need it is the biggest draw for me, and what makes games like Chrono Trigger, FFXII, and Okami so fun.

Anju and Kafei may be frustrating as hell, but after I finished the quest and saw them together, waiting for the moon to fall, all I could think was "f*** this, I'm saving this planet!"

The fact that each NPC had their own schedule and things to do also made the world feel very alive; unlike most games, where the player is the only catalyst for change, things were happening in this world. But you didn't have to worry about missing any of it; you could always return to the first day in order to save the woman from the mugger, keep the aliens away from the ranch, or help the mayor's wife find her son.

I really liked this game, but it wasn't nearly as good as OoT, WW, or TP. There were only a handful of dungeons, and the boss fights were just waaaay too easy. It literally took me about a week to finish the main story, and maybe another two to get through with all the side quests and what not. And this was with school and what not.

I really like this game and my only real criticism of it is that you don't get to meet Zelda and she is only in a flashback.

Best. Game. Ever.

Nothing more to say.

Think of all the flamewar that would be about in a Zelda forum...
The whole game is loveable to me. Collecting masks, fighting corrupted whatevers, and especially the characters, more than anything. The sword upgrades and the transformations were especially great.
The only thing I don't like is Snowhead Temple. And knowing that you have to go back to collect stray fairies.

I haven't finished it I WAS AMAZED WHEN I FINISHED THIS GAME.

I liked it more than Ocarina of Time, but I prefer Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass.

I love this game, thanks to the side quests. There's so much to look foward to until you beat the game 100% (which I did).

It wasn't my absolute fav, but I really really enjoyed it. I still have yet to beat it 100% XP

As hard as it would be to follow up on the amazing OoT, MM did a damn good job. Though I still prefer Ocarina and believe it to be the greatest game ever made, Majora's Mask is epic in it's own right. My favorite part was that it stemmed away from the typical princess saving plot and introduced something new, although I have mixed opinions on the three day system (On a good day, I see it as a work of genius. On a bad day, I absolutely hate it and find it redundant). I will have to admit that I stayed up until 3:00 in the morning many times when trying to get all of the masks or every heart piece, etc.

Majora's Mask started as confusing to me, because the progression is not really that obvious (as in having to wait so that you can fight the Skull Kid and retrieve your ocarina), but its eternal time limit makes the game surprisingly different, and more challenging. Personally, I found this game hard, not having reached the second dungeon until now (in the snowy mountain if I recall correctly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom