• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter thread!

No idea why people call it clunky and tedious.

Consider yourself lucky. Some people's experiences with Bank, like mine, suffer from "A error has occurred syndrome" which, if it happens constantly, and for me in does each time I try to use Bank, can lock you out for a period of time. You can go on for 30 minutes without even getting your Pokemon from Gen V to the actual Transporter, and then, when it finally works, another 30 minutes trying to get it from there to Bank without having it fail. This could be after it's locked you out a good three times.

Maybe it's my internet connection, but generally if my computer internet is working just fine, which is has been, then it shouldn't be causing problems for my DS.

My point is, the actual process wouldn't be so tedious if it worked nice and clean the first time it's tried, not the tenth (I'm not exaggerating, it's actually happened).

My impression has been that pokemon in Cherish Balls can't be uploaded to the GTS, specifically. Can anyone confirm/deny/amend that?
I've sent over three different Pokemon in Cherish Balls--all three were hacks--and they all got through. They passed Bank and if I tapped them to offer them on GTS, I had the option. Though it seems as though a lot of Pokemon who came from Johto automatically get blocked by Transporter. Two were blatantly hacked, as they were a Regigigas and an Arceus but the third was a Raikou and should have gone through. So very odd.

Clones will get through okay. I sent over several cloned Mew and all of them passed. I have to wonder about the hack checks that they have in place for this because they seem very arbitrary.
Yeah, I was incorrect on this one - there's no correlation between Cherish Balls and GTS restrictions, just a list of specific pokémon that can't be listed on the GTS:

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
[and probably...]
Volcanion
Diancie
Hoopa​

i.e. Event-Only Pokémon

Pokemon Bank wouldn't let me transfer my legit Japanese Shaymin and Darkrai, but it let the American ones go through. Weird... and yes, it's so clunky to use... I don't understand why Poke Transporter can only empty Box 1. Renaming another Box Box 1 to try and avoid that hassle didn't help *laughs*

Pokemon Bank wouldn't let me transfer my legit Japanese Shaymin and Darkrai, but it let the American ones go through. Weird... and yes, it's so clunky to use... I don't understand why Poke Transporter can only empty Box 1. Renaming another Box Box 1 to try and avoid that hassle didn't help *laughs*
Did you redeem the event pokemon yourself, or did you trade for them? I think we've all been surprised by some of the "legit" pokemon we received via GTS.

I'm still trying to figure out how exactly it determines the amount of Poke Miles you earn. I wanted a bit more than 1 Battle Point a day for using it. Oh well, guess I still HAVE to use the Maison.

Consider yourself lucky. Some people's experiences with Bank, like mine, suffer from "A error has occurred syndrome" which, if it happens constantly, and for me in does each time I try to use Bank, can lock you out for a period of time. You can go on for 30 minutes without even getting your Pokemon from Gen V to the actual Transporter, and then, when it finally works, another 30 minutes trying to get it from there to Bank without having it fail. This could be after it's locked you out a good three times.

Maybe it's my internet connection, but generally if my computer internet is working just fine, which is has been, then it shouldn't be causing problems for my DS.

My point is, the actual process wouldn't be so tedious if it worked nice and clean the first time it's tried, not the tenth (I'm not exaggerating, it's actually happened).
Your reasons are much more legitimate at least, and it sucks this happens.

For anyone else not suffering of connectivity issues, I just have to say, they will complain about any little thing. Regardless of any limitations, transferring 30 Pokémon at once with no time or quantity restrictions whatsoever, no unnecessary mini games, and very little "inconveniences" if I can even call them that, is a HUGE improvement over every cross-Gen transfer system ever made.

Anyway. My project to take advantage of Bank's storage was a good idea of my girlfriend: Store a living Pokédex in it, with all alternate forms and species. If they keep this app compatible with future games and Generations, it will really ease up Pokédex completion a big deal. Lots of work but it will be worth it and assure you don't have to do this again for the foreseeable future.

Oddly enough, it wouldn't let my Japanese event Darkrai through (nor Mystery Mew, Wishmaker Jirachi or 10th Anniversary Celebi- all of which are legitimate), but it allowed Japanese movie Shaymin and Arceus through. Not too keen on needing to transfer over entire boxes. Would rather just select them like for the Pal Park and Poke-transfer methods in the past 2 gens.

I really don't want to risk trying to send my "BioWeapon0" over. It's a hacked Deoxys from my brother's Ruby version...hatched from an egg. Guess Unova's the end of the line for it.

Oddly enough, it wouldn't let my Japanese event Darkrai through (nor Mystery Mew, Wishmaker Jirachi or 10th Anniversary Celebi- all of which are legitimate), but it allowed Japanese movie Shaymin and Arceus through. Not too keen on needing to transfer over entire boxes. Would rather just select them like for the Pal Park and Poke-transfer methods in the past 2 gens.

I really don't want to risk trying to send my "BioWeapon0" over. It's a hacked Deoxys from my brother's Ruby version...hatched from an egg. Guess Unova's the end of the line for it.

Nothing would really happen if you tried to send it, other than a message saying that a pokemon in the box was problematic and it would be left in your Unova box 1.

Chiming in to see if there's anything that can be done about this problem. A few months ago, I had transferred all my Pokemon from Diamond into either White, or Black 2, in preparation for transferring them to X. Just finished transferring the ones from White the other day, and started on the ones in Black 2. No problems up until today - my legal, Toys R Us event Manaphy won't transfer.

I have a few Pokemon that I suspect were generated (friends traded them to me, so I'm not 100% certain), but those have gone through, but Manaphy won't. I don't know how to check EVs, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that all its stats (Atk, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed) are all 131. It has no HM or TM moves (only has Heart Swap, Water Pulse, Whirlpool, and Acid Armor), and its ability is Hydration. Should I try just, say, leveling it up once to change the stats?

EDIT: I don't know if this will help at all, but it has a Hardy nature and a Gift Ribbon01.

Last edited:
No idea why people call it clunky and tedious.

I've actually had fewer problems with Bank than with the Gen V GTS. As of late, that's been kicking me off left and right but Bank has worked without a hitch. Has someone else been using your PC while you're transferring? I've noticed that the GTS acts up badly when my husband is in the middle of a battle on his Avengers Alliance game; it gets so bad that I've had to try multiple times to do one trade. Maybe something like that is affecting the Bank when you use it. It's a (half-baked) thought.

The Transporter wouldn't accept a legit shiny Darkrai--it was a Member's Pass encounter--through on my end. Yet it let a shiny Japanese Flower Paradise Shaymin through without any hiccups. Yeah, I'm confused over that one as well. You also don't have to send an entire box; I've been keeping the first box in my PC on B2 completely empty and loading in whatever I want transferred. If you only have 13 in there, it'll let them through just fine. The only time I've had any trouble has been when one is seen as a problem and isn't sent through. But the box doesn't have to be full in order to be accessed by Transporter.

You could always try sending that Deoxys. At the most it will tell you it found a problem with it and it can't be sent. It won't be deleted or anything so you can give it a shot if you want. Considering what Transporter and Bank have allowed through on my end, I'd be a little surprised if it wasn't let in.

I got all the Unown that I caught in Diamond transferred to my X game. When I checked the summaries for each Unown, I noticed each Unown letter had a different animation in X. Pretty nifty. :)

i was really surprised that all my shiny butterflies made it through the bank ok. they were made for me with pretty basic #s, no EVs, regular moves and edited to have the right OT and capture locations and stuff, then traded to me. so in every sense they were 'legit' just hacked to be shiny.

i feel dirty.

**runs to play with all the butterflies shiny and not**

but it didnt let me transfer a legit Deoxys. i dunno why. O_O or a legit Groudon. no idea. but im not very technical so i dont know if i was even doing it right. xD

I heard some people are getting blatant hacks into the game. How blatant are they? What's hacked about them?

The Transporter wouldn't accept a legit shiny Darkrai--it was a Member's Pass encounter--through on my end. Yet it let a shiny Japanese Flower Paradise Shaymin through without any hiccups. Yeah, I'm confused over that one as well. You also don't have to send an entire box; I've been keeping the first box in my PC on B2 completely empty and loading in whatever I want transferred. If you only have 13 in there, it'll let them through just fine. The only time I've had any trouble has been when one is seen as a problem and isn't sent through. But the box doesn't have to be full in order to be accessed by Transporter.

You could always try sending that Deoxys. At the most it will tell you it found a problem with it and it can't be sent. It won't be deleted or anything so you can give it a shot if you want. Considering what Transporter and Bank have allowed through on my end, I'd be a little surprised if it wasn't let in.

Neither of mine were shiny, but yeah, Shaymin got through fine- Darkrai wasn't moved. It's odd because their OT's all read "Eigakan" in Japanese ("Theater"). I just don't get why the filter thinks that those two and my Gen III promos were offensive.

@Boy Blunder mine transferred over just fine.

I heard some people are getting blatant hacks into the game. How blatant are they? What's hacked about them?
Lots of things with all 31 IVs, shiny, complex breeding-chain movesets, and caught in [insert most desirable ball for species here]. i.e. Things that are technically legal and possible but 99.9% more likely to be hacked than legit.

I've heard tell of some pokemon getting through with impossible abilities, as well, but haven't witnessed it myself.

I battled a kid online today with an all-shiny event-only legendary team, for instance. Technically possible? Yes. Did I assume he hacked them in B/W and slipped them through PokeBank anyway? Yes. :p

I've actually had fewer problems with Bank than with the Gen V GTS. As of late, that's been kicking me off left and right but Bank has worked without a hitch. Has someone else been using your PC while you're transferring? I've noticed that the GTS acts up badly when my husband is in the middle of a battle on his Avengers Alliance game; it gets so bad that I've had to try multiple times to do one trade. Maybe something like that is affecting the Bank when you use it. It's a (half-baked) thought.

Well I use my computer while I transfer. But regardless if I am or if I'm not, Bank just seems to not work for a majority of the time.

Regarding the above, I, too have found Bank/Transfer far more reliable when my I'm not using my pc simultaneously.

I was able to move a Level 29 Giratina from PT to Black and then through PokeTransporter and then to my copy of Y. This was a mon that was on the Pt cartridge that I bought off E-bay.

Dom

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom