• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Gregor the Overlander Mafia-Endgame: Gnawers reign supreme!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty then, no beating around the bush, I've got a flashlight and I intend to use it. So let's see probably one of the scummiest claims I will ever do:
I am a 1x Silencer, 1x Lie Detector, 1x Spy
Yeah, told you that was gonna sound scummy.

This was my doing. Each and every time I use a power, the game will be informed. This was me using my spy on Swarla. I'm having a little trouble forming reads in this game, and Swarla didn't seem to be doing much in thread, so I used my Spy to see if he'd been hiding and posting outside of the thread. But, no, looks like it's just straight inactivity, no OC last night at all.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH MIDO! WHY DO YOU GIVE A TOWN PLAYER SILENCER!? WHAT POSSIBLE USE COULD I HAVE FOR IT!?

That claim is scummy, but I'll believe it. I know swarla has been inactive. And it's a she! :p

And they were almost confirmed town after Elementar the prophet died, weren't they? Unless they made it up, which is unlikely. So it was a weird choice of target.

Silencing a possible mafia member
Oooooh, it'd probably stop OC too wouldn't it? This makes sense now.

That claim is scummy, but I'll believe it. I know swarla has been inactive. And it's a she! :p

And they were almost confirmed town after Elementar the prophet died, weren't they? Unless they made it up, which is unlikely. So it was a weird choice of target.
Eh, just because Elementar trusted them doesn't mean he was right. She could've still been scum just hiding.

Eh, just because Elementar trusted them doesn't mean he was right. She could've still been scum just hiding.

She said it was because they knew Elementar was vanilla, and the mafia wouldn't have chosen to kill a vanilla. They went for the 'prophet,' which they wouldn't have done if they knew the truth.

I don't trust Lone's claim, and I don't see why anyone else should so easily either unless (given there is one) a cop checks him and/or he can be verified through other means that can make him appear more pro-town.

He even said it himself, 1x silencer does no good for town... why would someone who is town have this ability? In the off chance they hit mafia? The likelihood is very slim, and it is more harmful even if it is 1x. The lie detector ability is interesting, and that's something that could be used as a test to see how much he's being truthful. It's the only one of his abilities that's helpful for town. The spy ability doesn't make much sense to me, and I don't get the message in thread and how it pertains to spying.

So this information was given to me in my role PM and I think it's worth looking into: One of the five players is Godfather: Elementar, Feenie, Jasch, Lone_Garurumon, Zexy.
Why did he say this, it makes no sense with his role flip.

I agree. I'll just go ahead and say that I'm a vanilla and I'm roleclaiming since I got a flashlight. I figured I should say this because of Pikochu's cryptic... thing... and also because well I'm vanilla. I don't lose a lot by claiming, of course it can't be proven either but now it's out there.
Elementar was also a Vanilla, how many vanilla's does this game have? Cheff also became one. This is something to keep an eye on, for the both of you.

Question for everyone: do you believe the game is role-heavy or role-light? This is important as it may help me decide how to use my role without anybody claiming (since most of us aren't even allowed to yet).
I believe so, looking at the deaths so far.

Are you saying that Cheff contacted you?

Aww, but OC conversations are more my thing since it is 1 on 1 at that moment and free to talk and stuff
Why aren't you free to talk here.
That reminds me: Everyone who had an OC with Flop, please add me.

If we had to lynch one of Piko's Godfather suspects, I'd say Jsach.
Why didn't you vote Jsach at this point?

On Day 1, myself and Pikochu received flashlights so that leaves one other person who should've also gotten one.
4 people get a flashlisht...

Which would be me.
Why didn't you claim at that point?

Well, since I got the flashlight for the 3rd time now I thought that it was finally time to claim. I was a virgin but got visited by a hooker last night, which means that I am now vanilla.
Wait wha... oh the role.

I am a 1x Silencer, 1x Lie Detector, 1x Spy
Wow! That's a lot compared to the others. You still have your lie detector, right? How about we use that to check your claim with a post made for it?

Why aren't you free to talk here.
Because of scum being able to listen in on everything that I say. I may have valuable information that I do not want scum to know about.
Everyone who had an OC with Flop, please add me.
Done.
Why didn't you claim at that point?
Because my role would be useless if scum knows about it, since they can target me with the hooker action at that point and make me vanilla.
Wait wha... oh the role.
Very funny Darth. :p

He even said it himself, 1x silencer does no good for town... why would someone who is town have this ability? In the off chance they hit mafia? The likelihood is very slim, and it is more harmful even if it is 1x. The lie detector ability is interesting, and that's something that could be used as a test to see how much he's being truthful. It's the only one of his abilities that's helpful for town. The spy ability doesn't make much sense to me, and I don't get the message in thread and how it pertains to spying.
Spy will let me see what people are saying in OC (for example the mafia chat). There is also a good reason for what that message says based on my character, I don't think I can say it though, since that'd be name-hinting.

Are you saying that Cheff contacted you?
From the look of it, Cheff contacted everybody.
Wow! That's a lot compared to the others. You still have your lie detector, right? How about we use that to check your claim with a post made for it?
I do, you all would've been told if I used a power. We could certainly confirm my claim using it, but that'd also use it up, and I'm not sure what kind of phrase would result in a confirm-able response that I couldn't just lie about.
If you want me to be totally honest the best use of my power would probably be for every body to say "I'm town" (has to be in context though, I asked), and the game decides who I check for what is basically a cop-check. 'course that'd make me prime scum target, and given the death of 2 pseudo-docs so far, I don't think we'd have any left.

Nobody has voted this phase.

I'll Vote: Lone_Garurumon for a role claim which looks scummy.
Weren't you an indep? Why do you care? This doesn't seem like indep behaviour to start a vote. I also believe LG more on his claim than you with your indep. I feel like you might be hiding as indep to remove attention from you. Lone's claim looks like a scummy role, why would actual scum say that? That gets too much attention.

Vote: Pika_pika42

When does this phase end?

@Pika_pika42 Do you have a flashlight and if yes can you please elaborate on your independent win condition and ability. As of right now just claiming independent is too vague. I'm actually not doubting it, but I would like to know more about it.

I don't want a no lynch to occur, I'm trying to think some more on what to do but I'm leaning more towards voting Lone whom I think is lying about his abilities. I can see lynching an independent due to the uncertainties that come with having one, but Lone just strikes me as scummy and I would elaborate more but I'm tired and it'd be a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom