• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia - Day 4: Feeding the Flames of Firey Passion

I'm actually more inclined to agree with the sentiment Raven's put forth that Space might be a 3p Arsonist (still not town but), given she's taken quite literally every angle to try and discredit this concept. Mafia would know I'm not with them and assume I'm telling the truth more likely than not I feel like, and it'd be in their best interest to have me not discredited because me dying is bad for them too as long as the Arsonist is still around. (This is even in the case scenario where Mido's "might be" scenario where I'm a SK or similar is true, as Mafia would generally be expected to assume anyone claiming right away not on their team as telling the truth.) So probably I feel like the people who are likely to be Mafia are gonna be the ones taking my claim at super face value?

I haven't been trying to discredit it, I'm more trying to see if it's possible for there to be an arsonist, and by extension, a firefighter. Mafiascum that you linked never said anything about arsonist being a scum aligned role -- but has it happened before? Meanwhile, firefighter on the website was stated to be mafia aligned at times, though it's noted that it's unlikely. I've never dealt with an arsonist + firefighter so I'm trying to understand all this. At any rate, big agree on mafia being likely to take your claim at face value

scenario to Space's main focus kinda seeming to be trying to find a reason to either say I'm lying or that the Arsonist isn't 3p.

there's no way to know if you're telling the truth, so by default I'm remaining skeptical. Arsonist being 3p in a game of this size is still just hard for me to believe. I'll drop talking about this for now since it doesn't seem like anything can be revealed as true or not this early on.

I do feel that I should mention, that despite my skepticism on DawningWinds, I'm not comfortable voting them in case they're being truthful and they have been candid about their role in general.

I'm back.
Got it. I won't shoot yet then. If there's anybody looking sus, let me know.

Are we allowed to reveal roles? This is my first Mafia :p
Then I'm on the good side

To some, that's the bad side
Or Bigfoot, because his very "I am going to do whatever the thread does" attitude so far doesn't sit right with me- I know this is a new player thing, but I feel like its more often a new scum thing to blend in? Regardless I'd like to see him come in with some sort of original thoughts. Or just. Any thoughts.
Have to agree with DawningWinds, the way Bigfoot talks about shooting and about being on the good side leaves an odd taste in my mouth. Also, I want to let you guys know that if I shouldn't vote then it's because I either knocked off or didn't get up early enough (the day ends at 6am where I live so I have to either stay awake or go to bed early).

Have to agree with DawningWinds, the way Bigfoot talks about shooting and about being on the good side leaves an odd taste in my mouth. Also, I want to let you guys know that if I shouldn't vote then it's because I either knocked off or didn't get up early enough (the day ends at 6am where I live so I have to either stay awake or go to bed early).
Okay, fellas, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I see the way I got voted on up a couple posts.

She indeed implicated that two times already and it does kinda confuse me. There is the possibility though that by claiming to be mafia they would maybe appear to be less threatening than the arsonist - but that would be a kinda weird strategy, especially because there would be no guarantee that we aren't still lynching them because they're mafia after all.

a bit surprised yall pinning space as the 3p, she didn't really ping me and being skeptical of arsonist in a 11p isnt really the same as trying to dismiss it?

btw just a reminder that our main goal is to find mafia not 3p specially when they can likely kill each other during the night phase

Double post

Hrmmm...

Vote: Midorikawa
She indeed implicated that two times already and it does kinda confuse me. There is the possibility though that by claiming to be mafia they would maybe appear to be less threatening than the arsonist - but that would be a kinda weird strategy, especially because there would be no guarantee that we aren't still lynching them because they're mafia after all.
Nah, that's just Mido being Mido. She always claims Mafia regardless of whether she actually is or not. It means literally nothing, ignore it. Read her based on other stuff.

Bigfoot- the fact that this is the sole thing you latch onto when called out for thoughts sits even less right with me. I know you've mentioned playing Among Us before; I have a hard time believing that there aren't people who jokeclaim Imposter in that game just for kicks, even if they're whatever-the-town-equivalent-is. Even if this isn't the case and you genuinely have no grounds of preparation to see this as a joke; I would've expected you to respond to something else with sort of thought.

a bit surprised yall pinning space as the 3p, she didn't really ping me and being skeptical of arsonist in a 11p isnt really the same as trying to dismiss it?

btw just a reminder that our main goal is to find mafia not 3p specially when they can likely kill each other during the night phase
If there's a hostile 3p we have to kill them both? Yes, the Mafia might shoot the Arsonist in the night but we shouldn't count on it. Yes, we should look for Mafia. But we also should try and figure out who the Arsonist is; identifying and killing any hostile is a good thing.

As for Space specifically... Maybe you're right about that? I'm not super sure at this point, but she's the one who stood out the most to me as a potential 3p Arsonist... and you made a post implying you thought she was Mafia so I figured I'd toss in my two cents.
Her last post does seem to suggest that this is what she was trying to do; just get a sense of what's going on with a healthy dose of skepticism, but its hard to tell with it having been a response to being called out.

Bigfoot- the fact that this is the sole thing you latch onto when called out for thoughts sits even less right with me. I know you've mentioned playing Among Us before; I have a hard time believing that there aren't people who jokeclaim Imposter in that game just for kicks, even if they're whatever-the-town-equivalent-is. Even if this isn't the case and you genuinely have no grounds of preparation to see this as a joke; I would've expected you to respond to something else with sort of thought.

they've played Among Us before? I know that's not the same thing as mafia (and it's much more joke-y?) but that kind of changes things

ExLight's last statement kinda triggers my paranoia.

Why though?

Vote: Bigfoot_the_Pokemon

I was holding off until Bigfoot responded, but now that they have, well. Their response isn't doing them any favors

Simple. It strikes me as a little odd that they want to get the heat off you. Makes it look like they know you're not the arsonist. And this would mean that they know your role and the only reason why that would be the case is because you are both part of a fraction that knows the other mebers of said fraction. However, I'm paranoid in general (not kidding, I'm even occasionally eavesdropping my neighbours), so it's most likely in my head.

Simple. It strikes me as a little odd that they want to get the heat off you. Makes it look like they know you're not the arsonist. And this would mean that they know your role and the only reason why that would be the case is because you are both part of a fraction that knows the other mebers of said fraction. However, I'm paranoid in general (not kidding, I'm even occasionally eavesdropping my neighbours), so it's most likely in my head.
I disagree with the notion the Space/ExLight is a likely scumpair. Space agreed with my thoughts that scum would probably be taking my firefighter claim at face value, and ExLight's been like the biggest advocate for taking my word on it I feel like, so if that angle were to be pushed, then ExLight would be among the top people to push with it (though I'd personally take it against Pikapika first, his one post isn't doing a lot for me), and Space would be expected to push it as well given her already stated agreement with it, so not doing so would be scummy. At this point, there's no reason for her to set herself up so she might either have to push ExLight or look scummy if their on the same team.

Like I said, probably in my head lol. So far around 27% of the people here have a reason to want me dead sooner or later, that kinda messes with my brain. I consider my chances to die within the first 2 nights as high so far and a mislynch would increase the rate of people that want to get me even further. That's a big thing that I keep in mind, so I'll think very hard who (or even if) I vote before the end of the day.

Like I said, probably in my head lol. So far around 27% of the people here have a reason to want me dead sooner or later, that kinda messes with my brain. I consider my chances to die within the first 2 nights as high so far and a mislynch would increase the rate of people that want to get me even further. That's a big thing that I keep in mind, so I'll think very hard who (or even if) I vote before the end of the day.
You shouldn't be too focused on surviving till the end of the game- if your faction wins, you win. So your goal needs to be killing the people necessary for this to happen; if you're town, you should be doing your best to figure out who else is town and who isn't and voting the people who you think aren't. Don't worry about getting shot by scum too much. Mislynches happen; town has room for probably one or two of those. If they do, we take a look through the day and try and figure out who's votes seemed like they were townmotivated and who's didn't. Not voting at all is scummier than voting on a mislynch wagon because it looks like you're not trying to solve as much and you're trying to avoid being tied to the wagon.

Ok, I am back and ready to put Cyrus in the Shadow Realm!!

Did someone else notice that Sushi, Pika and Eternal are oddly quiet? Even Bigfoot said more (although the stuff they said was not exactly what I'ld consider useful).
Eh, Bigfoot's made more posts than Pika, but I think Pika's got a bit more content.
That said, yes, I have noticed. And I would like to hear moee from all of them.
@Sushi The Enby @EternalPokéFanGirl @Pika_pika42

Eh, Bigfoot's made more posts than Pika, but I think Pika's got a bit more content.
That said, yes, I have noticed. And I would like to hear moee from all of them.
@Sushi The Enby @EternalPokéFanGirl @Pika_pika42
I will note that neither Sushi nor Eternal has particularly pinged me though; Pika has a little bit, as I noted in my last post mentioning that I'd go after Pika before ExLight pushing the "Mafia would take firefighter claim at face value" angle,

You seem to have misread my sentence (or I messed up with the build) :)
I think Pika also has said more words.

Back
Top Bottom