• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found something absolutely hilarious~

translation looks accurate!

my friend looked at my screen while i typed this and said "looks like an alolan exeggutor", so there you have it~

Also, I love this so much xD

ground/flying type?!

Text at the bottom says ground/water so I'd assume that

Makes sense since it's seemingly based on geysers

my friend looked at my screen while i typed this and said "looks like an alolan exeggutor", so there you have it~

ground/flying type?!
=P The Japanese also looks hella typed and they left their art pens in the photo.

ground/flying type?!
This just reminds me of the Mario hill things but blue.

ground/water type?!
Yeah, I think is fake for typesetting reasons. The type part is weirdly spaced, and using a hyphen as separator is just... wrong. I'd expect a dot (・) there instead. Minor difference, yes, but something that I think is extremely telling about how familiar the creator is with Japanese writing conventions (not very, apparently).

Yeah, I think is fake for typesetting reasons. The type part is weirdly spaced, and using a hyphen as separator is just... wrong. I'd expect a dot (・) there instead. Minor difference, yes, but something that I think is extremely telling about how familiar the creator is with Japanese writing conventions (not very, apparently).
Plus the notes on reference sheets are handwritten, not typed.

My first clue was the art pens because no pokemon artist is going to leak their artwork, and art pens aren't really what a translator or editor would casually use.

Explain to me why every Google result for Azores pineapples says that they have to be grown in greenhouses, then?
O Ananás dos Açores e mais concretamente o Ananás dos Açores/São Miguel DOP é um produto de origem portuguesa com Denominação de Origem Protegida pela União Europeia (UE) desde 21 de junho de 1996.
It's grown in greenhouses for quantity and safety. The azores pineapple is unique and recognized as such for more than 25years

I know we're kind of off of it now, but I think I remember that we were debating if GF ever did more than one reference page for concept art.

I present to you Buzzwole; two pages:

Buzzwole_SM_concept_art.jpg

(sorry if this was mentioned and I forgot)

O Ananás dos Açores e mais concretamente o Ananás dos Açores/São Miguel DOP é um produto de origem portuguesa com Denominação de Origem Protegida pela União Europeia (UE) desde 21 de junho de 1996.
It's grown in greenhouses for quantity and safety. The azores pineapple is unique and recognized as such for more than 25years
"On the island of Sao Miguel, however, an island that receives a steady amount of rainfall throughout the year became evident that it was not an ideal location to grow pineapples. The temperature needed for pineapple cultivation ideally should be between 65-90 degrees celsius, with limited cold periods. The pineapple, a delicate, time-consuming fruit, takes 2-3 years after planting to grow into a fully ripe pineapple. This did not stop the resilient Azorean farmers in their desire to produce this vitamin C rich fruit for themselves, using greenhouses being implanted to safeguard the cultivation of this now ‘national fruit’ to the region."

"On the island of Sao Miguel, however, an island that receives a steady amount of rainfall throughout the year became evident that it was not an ideal location to grow pineapples. The temperature needed for pineapple cultivation ideally should be between 65-90 degrees celsius, with limited cold periods. The pineapple, a delicate, time-consuming fruit, takes 2-3 years after planting to grow into a fully ripe pineapple. This did not stop the resilient Azorean farmers in their desire to produce this vitamin C rich fruit for themselves, using greenhouses being implanted to safeguard the cultivation of this now ‘national fruit’ to the region."
To safeguard. Thank you and good night

Plus the notes on reference sheets are handwritten, not typed.

My first clue was the art pens because no pokemon artist is going to leak their artwork, and art pens aren't really what a translator or editor would casually use.
(Is someone who casually uses art pens for writing because they're comfortable) Um, 'bout that.

:p

But yeah, I agree that how it's typed was probably to cover up how they're not really proficient at Japanese (which then proceeded to come through with another tell anyway).

It's a cute design though, even if how it's a geyser doesn't come through terribly well in its static art.

To safeguard. Thank you and good night
To safeguard from the weather because the climate isn't suitable for them, yes. There aren't any pineapples just growing naturally in Azores, so there shouldn't be any pokemon adapting to the region by turning into pineapples because it wouldn't make sense. Period.

(Is someone who casually uses art pens for writing because they're comfortable) Um, 'bout that.

:p

But yeah, I agree that how it's typed was probably to cover up how they're not really proficient at Japanese (which then proceeded to come through with another tell anyway).

It's a cute design though, even if how it's a geyser doesn't come through terribly well in its static art.
=P But you own them because you draw, yeah? They're not exactly the type of pen that non-artists buy. Partly because I'm pretty sure they're sold among art supplies and not the regular stationary.

=P But you own them because you draw, yeah? They're not exactly the type of pen that non-artists buy. Partly because I'm pretty sure they're sold among art supplies and not the regular stationary.
The kind of pens I use are common enough to be sold in regular stationery in where I live. Can't speak of how it's like in other places or countries though. (And there def are pricier and more specialized pens too.)

The kind of pens I use are common enough to be sold in regular stationery in where I live. Can't speak of how it's like in other places or countries though. (And there def are pricier and more specialized pens too.)
Aah-

I finally got a moment to look into the specific pen used in the image and I guess they have a non-smudge quality that does make them ideal writing pens as well. Still highly suspect when left next to artwork that is supposed to have been printed and has no reason to have been written on, though. XD

Regardless of if it’s natural or not, your quote here calls it a National fruit. That’s more than reason enough to have a pineapple Pokémon should they include the Azores (idk if they will). And they can easily modify the ‘real’ climate of the island to make it perfect for this pineapple regional variant (which is fake lol).

It matters 0% if it’s realistically natural and 100% if the region is famous for it.

Regardless of if it’s natural or not, your quote here calls it a National fruit. That’s more than reason enough to have a pineapple Pokémon should they include the Azores (idk if they will). And they can easily modify the ‘real’ climate of the island to make it perfect for this pineapple regional variant (which is fake lol).

It matters 0% if it’s realistically natural and 100% if the region is famous for it.
Having a pineapple pokemon is one thing. But I feel that having a pokemon adapt to the region by turning into a pineapple is something else entirely. They have been pretty diligent with their real world references, so if there's a pineapple pokemon, it would have come over from another region like Copperajah, not develop naturally like a regional variant.

Though I think they might just throw an unchanged ludicolo into the region and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom