• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Build-It: Video Game Edition [ENDGAME]

Why would you need to be self-preservative in that instance though? It's not like you were going to get lynched.
i said in the og post the mafia could easily use that info to frame me
On Lissi, the activity feels somewhat off to me. I see many posts and reacts from her, but the personal contributions are sparse. The Pyramid Hill situation is confusing, but I think this could be clarified in the next day if someone would have the same feedback from this action.
agree. in all the games I've played with lissi, she tends to have a lot of personal info and fluff in her post, but she's been uncharacteristically quiet on that front.
Hello. I know I got killed off in this game, but I feel the need to apologize for my inactivity. I recently had a really bad seizure, which limited my online activity. Anyone with epilepsy would understand. If you saw me online, it most likely is because I never log out on my phone, and I did visit occasionally, but my head was too messed up to really do much. So, sorry everyone, and go Town!
i hope you're okay oh my god
Did some more reading and I’m pretty sure lissi is town

She got role blocked by the person with silent hill who is most likely mafia

Why would they do that to another scum?

Lissi has a solid town read from me
idk, this kinda reads like scum trying to quickly cover up for someone else.
A message to everyone:
on it boss
Vote: Mudkipz
You know what I’m just gonna claim my blueprint, but I’m gonna destroy it today because this is getting annoying and I’m hoping something better will come with another blueprint

It’s new Vegas, and that’s all I know
destroying blueprints is a bad idea in general. if you're being blocked from peeking, build it instead. this could be a super valuable role that we could use.

In retrospect, I don't love this post. At this stage of the day it seems pretty likely to me that scun were resigned to losing Stormy, and the reasoning behind this is a bit weak imo. Possibly could be pretext to excuse the vote while working back on their established read, I'm not saying that has to be the motivation but it's what I'm leaning to. The bit of lissi stands out too, with the knowledge that she claims to be blocked again, because it kind of hinges her alignment on whether or not someone else gets blocked by Pyramid Head.
Yeah, I agree that the reasoning was weak because it was. Up until then, I was indecisive with how I would vote because my suspicions on anyone weren't that strong, but as a player, I don't like not voting past D1, so I made the decision to vote whom I found the most suspicious among my considerations, even if my read on it wasn't as strong as I would prefer it to.

As for the Lissi part, I was still feeling baffled why she would receive a rather specific feedback for her action and I thought it could be cleared up by the next day. But as Quasar explained in a later post quoting mine, confirmation might not necessarily be the truth, which I agreed with.

The ways she worded it was weird "something better will come" implies she knows whether her current one is good or not, which should be impossible if she truly was blocked twice in a row and it prevented blueprint actions like she's claiming.

If you had let her talk there was a chance she contradicted herself even further, which would confirm she lied at one point.

Makes Quas look slightly better I guess. There could be some kind of blueprint cop on scum team that saw what Guz had and immediately killed them.
Why does Quas look better? He voted for someone we don't know their alignment D1 and didn't vote anyone D2?

You definitely look better though since you stayed on the Stinger wagon D1 until the end, though.

The ways she worded it was weird "something better will come" implies she knows whether her current one is good or not, which should be impossible if she truly was blocked twice in a row and it prevented blueprint actions like she's claiming.

If you had let her talk there was a chance she contradicted herself even further, which would confirm she lied at one point.
I was not lying

I took a break from the thread to get some sleep and get my brain to work properly again

I had a thought last night that maybe the mafia did something to my blueprint so that I couldn’t peek at it, but thinking now that might not be very possible?

I also got like six hours of sleep last night so excuse me if I don’t make proper sense

I was blocked twice. My thought process was “the mafia probably wouldn’t have used this block on me twice in a row, so they probably did something to the blueprint itself, so if I destroy it and get another one that one probably won’t be blocked”

I don’t exactly like how you’re pushing so much on me (and quas) there (but I guess it’s understandable)

Yeah, I agree that the reasoning was weak because it was. Up until then, I was indecisive with how I would vote because my suspicions on anyone weren't that strong, but as a player, I don't like not voting past D1, so I made the decision to vote whom I found the most suspicious among my considerations, even if my read on it wasn't as strong as I would prefer it to.

As for the Lissi part, I was still feeling baffled why she would receive a rather specific feedback for her action and I thought it could be cleared up by the next day. But as Quasar explained in a later post quoting mine, confirmation might not necessarily be the truth, which I agreed with.
A fairly townie response. Yeah I guess that checks out.

I think Mudkip is the way here. Touched on it earlier in the day but I think their posts today aren't really saying much of anything, and fit the profile of what I think scum are going for thus far (lower activity but not completely obsolete, trying to survive the thread by not pushing much, the lack of drive to push a wagon counter to Stormy D2 etc).

Why does Quas look better? He voted for someone we don't know their alignment D1 and didn't vote anyone D2?
I actually do not remember why I said that. I think it was the Stinger vote that’s leading me to townread but I made that comment earlier. I should probably go to sleep not at 1 in the morning.

I'm willing to believe her naÏvety with not knowing you can use blueprint actions during the day (even though I've brought it up at least twice) and try and look elsewhere for now.
I was rereading Stormy's posts and I came across this one:

Well, I'm town and started with a blueprint, so I assumed everyone else did. (Guess not)
Did you start with a blueprint?

Nah, I'm peeking at mine right now.
This one implies that Stormy started the game with a blueprint, but in the same post, mentioned that he was going to peek on N1 (the current phase this post was on). I don't think he knew about using blueprint actions during the day either. With how eager he was about blueprints, I believe he would have talked about them too in the mafia chat, so I see the possibility that it's a trend among the mafia team.

Assuming Lissi was telling the truth, I don't think it would necessarily say that she's town from it.

I think Mudkip is the way here. Touched on it earlier in the day but I think their posts today aren't really saying much of anything, and fit the profile of what I think scum are going for thus far (lower activity but not completely obsolete, trying to survive the thread by not pushing much, the lack of drive to push a wagon counter to Stormy D2 etc).
Yeah, I agree with this too. There are a few people below her in terms of post count, but in contrast to most of them, she has done little to progress the game state.

Vote: Mudkipz

This one implies that Stormy started the game with a blueprint, but in the same post, mentioned that he was going to peek on N1 (the current phase this post was on). I don't think he knew about using blueprint actions during the day either. With how eager he was about blueprints, I believe he would have talked about them too in the mafia chat, so I see the possibility that it's a trend among the mafia team.
Stinger didn’t have a blueprint when he flipped iirc so he could have been lying about this. Otherwise, if we assume Silent Hill is likely a mafia building then it’s impossible for the scum team to not know about day blueprint actions because that was built on D1.

Stinger didn’t have a blueprint when he flipped iirc so he could have been lying about this. Otherwise, if we assume Silent Hill is likely a mafia building then it’s impossible for the scum team to not know about day blueprint actions because that was built on D1.
Ahhh that's true. With Guzmania having her blueprints revealed upon being killed, I guess he lied about having a blueprint.

Yeah, from this, I guess it could be likely that Silent Hill was built by town.

But isn’t Silent Hill the one roleblocking everyone though? I really doubt it’s the Pokémon centre doing it and that wasn’t built before Lissi was roleblocked. Surely a town Roleblocker would have come out once they’d roleblocked Lissi twice and explain why? I’d understand wanting to protect their identity but this is like wagon defining stuff.

Assuming Lissi was telling the truth, I don't think it would necessarily say that she's town from it.
I don't think she's Town cleared either, but she's lower on my priority list than before.

But isn’t Silent Hill the one roleblocking everyone though? I really doubt it’s the Pokémon centre doing it and that wasn’t built before Lissi was roleblocked. Surely a town Roleblocker would have come out once they’d roleblocked Lissi twice and explain why? I’d understand wanting to protect their identity but this is like wagon defining stuff.
According to lissi, she was blocked by "Pyramid Head", which is from Silent Hill. Since no one has come out about it, that's further evidence that it's Mafia-aligned.

1) I didn’t know you could build blueprints during the day either. So at this point I believe it’s completely NAI.

2) Even town wouldn’t come out and admit to roleblocking Lissi. It would put a target on their back and we don’t know if maybe they scumread her. Which is why I’m against it being what town clears Lissi. She’s being town cleared on almost nothing.

I don't really know why the Mafia would block lissi from peaking again. I suppose it could be an attempt to prevent her from being able to confirm herself or something, but the likelihood of her doing this from her blueprint probably isn't all that high. Though that leads me to my next thought - as Mafia, does she believe that this route is the best option, instead of just faking something or even just claiming parts of it?
Didn't lissi already claim to have a blueprint prior to today, or am I mistaken? It would make sense for the mafia to keep blocking her if they know this. Prevent her from building + not clearing anyone else through RB = win/win for mafia.

Like I said, I'm willing to trust Lissi at face value for now.

Back
Top Bottom